News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

I don't think he did.

He believes the club was penalised for what he said, but nowhere does he say that he did so knowing the club would be penalised.
Or have I missed it somewhere else?
Link??
So lets play your game and ignore his comments confirming that he knew his words would damage Hawthorn, do you think Jeff is not smart enough to realise that the State Government would not be sending any discretionary spending to the club he heads if he committed to daily tirades against them and everything they were doing in the height of a public health storm? Really?

Even more reason to get him away from the club then if he has no idea what impact his public rants have for the fortunes of the HFC.

I seriously cannot get my head around people thinking that our President should be mouthing off about whatever he likes, damaging our brand and fortunes at will.

So lets play your game and ignore his comments confirming that he knew his words would damage Hawthorn, do you think Jeff is not smart enough to realise that the State Government would not be sending any discretionary spending to the club he heads if he committed to daily tirades against them and everything they were doing in the height of a public health storm? Really?

Even more reason to get him away from the club then if he has no idea what impact his public rants have for the fortunes of the HFC.

I seriously cannot get my head around people thinking that our President should be mouthing off about whatever he likes, damaging our brand and fortunes at will.
To be fair mate, I don’t think anyone is thinking that it’s ok. Or at least I haven’t seen that posted by anyone.
As I’ve said many times, I’d love a new president, but I want a Newbold not Garvey

Can’t really compare the situation. Kennett isn’t called a campaigner because he is white, male or an ex pollie. He is being called out for what he has done his actions. Which is what should happen.

This whole Goodes thing started because while playing a game of football Goodes called out racism that was directed towards him. That’s why it started and him being aboriginal caused a lot of people pile on with booing. Racism played a huge part in it.

Barry hall king hit a bloke and was strangling others. He wasn’t booed out of the game.
Straight over your head Hoot.

I didn’t say he was called a s**t campaigner because he’s male white & an ex politician.
I said it seems double standards to be able to call him that but we aren’t allowed to say that about others.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Straight over your head Hoot.

I didn’t say he was called a sh*t campaigner because he’s male white & an ex politician.
I said it seems double standards to be able to call him that but we aren’t allowed to say that about others.
Umpire is going to call it a wide then cause you missed your target.

I don’t know about others but I’m happy to call a sh*t campaigner a sh*t campaigner if it’s justified based solely on ones actions.

Problem is a lot of attacks often have racist, sexist etc undertones. And these attacks will get called out. No double standards here at all.

People need to play the ball (actions) not the man.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Anyone have any thoughts on Hitler.

Just thought I'd could lead this thread right off the rails.

Should just narrow the premise of the thread to the new venue and the optimism it will provide with every update.

And

Move Jeff opinion to the JK thread.

Should just narrow the premise of the thread to the new venue and the optimism it will provide with every update.

And

Ahhhh.. Godwin's Law rears it's ugly head... t'was only a matter of time

Umpire is going to call it a wide then cause you missed your target.

I don’t know about others but I’m happy to call a sh*t campaigner a sh*t campaigner if it’s justified based solely on ones actions.

Problem is a lot of attacks often have racist, sexist etc undertones. And these attacks will get called out. No double standards here at all.

People need to play the ball (actions) not the man.
Ok

And

Well, the trains ran on time.

Im not Jeff. I cant tell you what he thinks.

And perhaps covid didnt impact you?
Perhaps you were delighted to be restricted to a travel circle of 5kms?
Perhaps the early curfews worked for you?
Perhaps you are not a business owner who suffered significant loss because of the state governments incompetence?
And perhaps there are no more important things in life for you than football?

For many people, covid was and still is devastating.
I for one welcomed his voice because for me, most of the media was reporting, nothing more.
You can respect that or not.

Im not Jeff. I cant tell you what he thinks.

And perhaps covid didnt impact you?
Perhaps you were delighted to be restricted to a travel circle of 5kms?
Perhaps the early curfews worked for you?
Perhaps you are not a business owner who suffered significant loss because of the state governments incompetence?
And perhaps there are no more important things in life for you than football?

I for one welcomed his voice because for me, most of the media was reporting, nothing more.
I was impacted greatly, and without going into detail of personal specifics certainly did not enjoy any of it. I enjoyed much less the buffoonery of our president wanting everything to open up and just let more people die at the hands of a government he said was unable to control, trace or manage the virus.

But you have at least uncovered what was already blatantly obvious, and that is that like Jeff you put your personal politics ahead of the need to have a club that represents and speaks for all.

There was any number of media types editorialising through the lockdown. Jeff was playing Liberal Party Eminence.

You mean holding a government accountable for 800 deaths ?
Is Jeff the Hawthorn football club president, or leader of the opposition?

Honestly, how is is anyone on here concluding the role of the Hawthorn president is to hold political parties to account?
Where did this idea come from?
Can you not understand how crazy this is?

I was impacted greatly, and without going into detail of personal specifics certainly did not enjoy any of it. I enjoyed much less the buffoonery of our president wanting everything to open up and just let more people die at the hands of a government he said was unable to control, trace or manage the virus.

But you have at least uncovered what was already blatantly obvious, and that is that like Jeff you put your personal politics ahead of the need to have a club that represents and speaks for all.

If you were in my positio

What I did was put my family and staff ahead of football. Politics had nothing to do with it.
Any way, that is my last comment on the matter. I have better things to do. :thumbsu:

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Is Jeff the Hawthorn football club president, or leader of the opposition?

Honestly, how is is anyone on here concluding the role of the Hawthorn president is to hold political parties to account?
Where did this idea come from?
Can you not understand how crazy this is?
I agree the two are unrelated. Yep. In a democracy however, people are entitled to voice a view, especially when the current opposition is so crap, people are dying, and those reponsible are getting away with homicidal incompetence.

If the club votes him out, fine.
Jeff won't change.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree the two are unrelated. Yep. In a democracy however, people are entitled to voice a view, especially when the current opposition is so crap, people are dying, and those reponsible are getting away with homicidal incompetence.

If the club votes him out, fine.
Jeff won't change.
He has a responsibility to the club and its members to represent their interests. If he doesn’t want to do that he can quit.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Latest letter from Jeff mentions the KCC if anyone is interested
$30 mill raised from the Foundation and $15 mill so far in grants

Kennedy Community Centre
All is on track to commence further site work early in the New Year. We have raised approximately $30m through our Foundation, and the Federal Government recently announced a grant of $15m towards the project.

We are hopeful by year’s end the Kingston Council will approve their financial contribution to the project.

On the other hand, the State government did not allocate funds to the project in the most recent budget, even though our project had been supported by many departmental officials. While this is disappointing it is understandable given the politics here in Victoria at present. It is the community of south-east Melbourne that are really the ones who have been discriminated against more than the club.

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
He has a responsibility to the club and its members to represent their interests. If he doesn’t want to do that he can quit.
Or you can join a club that has a president you like.... Or you can vote him out. He doesn't quit just because you say so.
I'm glad we have someone who has a voice.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Or you can join a club that has a president you like.... Or you can vote him out. He doesn't quit just because you say so.
I'm glad we have someone who has a voice.
When he accepts the responsibility of club president he is required to act in the best interests of the club. It is non negotiable. It is a legal requirement. I have been supportive of Jeff but if he wants to engage in political slugfests that hurt the club he needs to resign.

Back