(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witcher 4
Dragon's Dogma 2
ES VI
Fable
Avowed
Techland's game

And who knows what else surprises us along the way

All in development. Good times for medieval fantasy fans.

Skull and Bones looks genuinely awful.

Imagine AC4 but without any of the land exploration, land combat, swimming, underwater exploration, story, fun..

Last edited:
I don't know how it looks genuinely awful but each to their own. Game will die a quiet death since its being released between cod and a day before GoW.

I'll continue to pray to whichever God will deliver a decent pirate game.

I don't know how it looks genuinely awful but each to their own. Game will die a quiet death since its being released between cod and a day before GoW.

I'll continue to pray to whichever God will deliver a decent pirate game.

From what they showed us:

No real story narrative
No land exploration (only land segments are in player hubs)
No land combat
No swimming? (I'm willing to think I'm possibly wrong here but they showed nothing?)
No underwater exploration

4 months out from release they'd be insane not to show any of that if it was in the game. Dev himself even said it's not open world but open-sea. It was like.....that's it? What do I actually do other than this?

They basically stripped everything people want out of a pirate game and gave us a reskinned Sea of Thieves but with less features.

It isn't looking promising from some quick polls. Between what you said about it's release date and the below, I agree it's basically dead on arrival.

How much did you enjoy the Skull & Bones gameplay reveal?

The game is focused on naval combat (Building your ship and fleet). How important is the ability to explore, adventure, and combat on foot to you?

If this is the kind of 'live service' stuff they are gonna turn Far Cry and AC into like the rumors say, those series are even more doomed.

Last edited:
This is no way to win back the indie devs they've been leaking to Unreal Engine. To be honest I'd find it hard to recommend Unity to anybody interested in starting out these days compared to 5 years ago. This along with a string of other decisions from Unity will do nothing to support their case.

I don't think this is Infinity so I won't bump that thread yet, but new AC rumours are starting to fly around. There might be several AC projects in the works. This says Bagdad but there are also rumours of a Mesoamerican setting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back