Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Re takeaway- look tbh I reckon healthy takeaway is a terrible idea.

Look at Maccas and their salads and healthy options. I wouldnt touch any of them with a ten foot pole. When I go to Maccas, which isnt that often, I want the good greasy sh*t.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Lockdown has meant a loss of weight for moi. Expecting to put it back on pronto!

Ligma

Krakouers favourite poster
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First year playing footy and already have got trials with northern knights, they are on Thursday. I’m lowkey scared because I have tight calf’s from Friday, might go on a light run tomorrow not sure yet.

Deliverance

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First year playing footy and already have got trials with northern knights, they are on Thursday. I’m lowkey scared because I have tight calf’s from Friday, might go on a light run tomorrow not sure yet.
Good luck mate. Remember, getting picked in their squad is the easy part. Working hard enough to stay there is the hard part.

Ligma

Krakouers favourite poster
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good luck mate. Remember, getting picked in their squad is the easy part. Working hard enough to stay there is the hard part.
Yeah, I’ve played soccer my whole life (apart from auskick) so I’m pretty happy where I’m at rn, cause I’m a girl I think I have the talent to make it. Honestly if I don’t play a single game I’ll still be stoked to just go through that experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm not gonna go all spartan or anything haha I'll still eat a bit but I'm experimenting with cutting back on just eating too much crap, stuff like crackers and dips, biscuits, potato chips stupid and totally unnecessarily stuff like eating instant noodles near bedtime after I've already had a big healthy meal..

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
I'm not gonna go all spartan or anything haha I'll still eat a bit but I'm experimenting with cutting back on just eating too much crap, stuff like crackers and dips, biscuits, potato chips stupid and totally unnecessarily stuff like eating instant noodles near bedtime after I've already had a big healthy meal..
Night eating kills me. Any sort of activity plus soda water can help at night, otherwise I basically eat a second dinner.

M Malice

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
This popped up on my youtube algorithm this morning and just finished watching it, I had never heard of this fella but what he said resonated with me along with confirming a lot of what I had already learnt, 3 and a half hours long but it is timestamped if you want to skip to segments that interest you.

Chris Hinshaw is one of the world's leading experts on endurance and aerobic capacity. He has trained 30 CrossFit Games champions, along with a series of Olympians, professional surfers, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champions.

Chris Hinshaw is the founder of aerobiccapacity.com, and is widely considered one of the top endurance coaches in the world. Chris is known internationally for his extensive knowledge and practical experience developing aerobic capacity in athletes of all experience levels using his comprehensive, cutting edge approach to training.

Shell

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Night eating kills me. Any sort of activity plus soda water can help at night, otherwise I basically eat a second dinner.
For me its snacking.

Last night i managed to avoid the chips and choc, had weetbix banana and skim milk instead.

Idk maybe i should just go to bed at 8pm every night to avoid the extra snacking lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad