Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i don't know what the argument is, that "don't eat" / "eat" diagram posted by Bazzar #981 looks like a pretty commonsense set of foods and drinks to eat and not eat IMO. probably some debate on the don't eat side eg. dairy, potatoes, legums.

vegans and vegetarians would dispute the eat side. there is a massive amount of research out there on dietary methods, i think self experimentation is the best way to go.

No vegetarian and vegan is pretty clear mate. Clearly paleo isn't.

Again I'm not arguing that generally paleo isn't healthy or good for you just that it's incredibly unclear. Bazaars post was very clear but I'd hazard a guess that a lot of Paelo eaters would argue that's not right.

Again I'm not arguing that generally paleo isn't healthy or good for you just that it's incredibly unclear. Bazaars post was very clear but I'd hazard a guess that a lot of Paelo eaters would argue that's not right.
There is a lot of people (see: my office) who advocate for being a lot more literal than it is.

You will find the majority of paleo followers think that's exactly correct

You also need to remember Paleo is just one of a subset of a larger group also comprising of Primal, Low carb in different guises including Med, and Keto.

i just go the DES method ie. don't eat s**t. a moderate LCHF.

Paleo as marketed is bullshit and has been proven to be bullshit
People are what they could get where they lived.

The problem I have with Paleo is it's a ******* cult and seems to appeal to Crossfit fans as well funnily enough

I also have an issue with any diet that tries to completely exclude things. What no cheese? Piss off I like cheese

Paleo as marketed is bullshit and has been proven to be bullshit
People are what they could get where they lived.

The problem I have with Paleo is it's a ******* cult and seems to appeal to Crossfit fans as well funnily enough

I also have an issue with any diet that tries to completely exclude things. What no cheese? Piss off I like cheese
Cheese is great, i love it, so if you can tolerate it have some, not the end of the world

Last edited:
well according to paleo you cant eat cheese....or drink milk.

not eating cheese or drinking milk should tell you right there its a ******* weirdo diet cult group.

in all honesty I reckon they just like the name. ..paleo....sounds raw and paleontology like
def a crossfit thing. ....
yeah thats a dig....I dont care

well according to paleo you cant eat cheese....or drink milk.

not eating cheese or drinking milk should tell you right there its a ******* weirdo diet cult group.

in all honesty I reckon they just like the name. ..paleo....sounds raw and paleontology like
def a crossfit thing. ....
yeah thats a dig....I dont care
might be a good idea for a large portion of the population? pasted from link V.

Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities.6 days ago

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance

might be a good idea for a large portion of the population? pasted from link V.

Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities.6 days ago

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/lactose-intolerance
Doesn't the high percentage of Asians with lactose intolerance inflate the global figures out of proportion?

Doesn't the high percentage of Asians with lactose intolerance inflate the global figures out of proportion?
yep, a lot lower ie.15-20% of australians. which is still a large number of people. full list below, wonder what the reason is for the high intolerance rate among the asian/african american/african populations. will have to have a deeper look.

http://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000661

I honestly find the issues with Paleo are
- no one can really define it, it's different things to different people
- most of the people doing it do dumb stuff like make "paleo aioli" or "paleo xxx" when it's a product that is clearly not intended for a paleo diet
- they're militant in their endorsement of it. I'm fit and healthy as it is "oh but you'd be 100% better on paleo"
what's not paleo about aioli?

ingredients
-eggs
-oil
-garlic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's not paleo about aioli?

ingredients
-eggs
-oil
-garlic

Again, one paleo...er will say it's a caveman diet, don't think too many of them were eating aioli, one will say nothing farmed that scratches eggs, one will say no oils.

For about the fifth time here, do what you want and yet again, the ideas are obviously healthy however you do it, just seems odd to label it paleo when there is no real consensus on what that means.

Again, one paleo...er will say it's a caveman diet, don't think too many of them were eating aioli, one will say nothing farmed that scratches eggs, one will say no oils.

For about the fifth time here, do what you want and yet again, the ideas are obviously healthy however you do it, just seems odd to label it paleo when there is no real consensus on what that means.

Seriously are you just trolling? Their IS a consensus on what Paleo means. Look at all the experts and popular blogs and EVERYONE gives the same definition.

The Paleolithic diet (also called the paleo diet, caveman diet or stone-age diet[1]) is based mainly on foods presumed to have been available to Paleolithic humans.[2] Wide variability exists in the way the diet is interpreted.[3] However, the diet typically includes vegetables, fruits, nuts, roots, meat, and organ meats[2] while excluding foods such as dairy products, grains, sugar, legumes, processed oils, salt, and alcohol or coffee.

The reference for 3 is: http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/full/10.1146/annurev-publhealth-032013-182351

Positive, yes like his first citation quoting the BDA
"BDA Verdict: Jurassic fad! A diet with fewer processed foods, less sugar and salt is actually a good idea, but unless for medical reason, there is absolutely no need to cut any food group out of your diet. In fact, by cutting out dairy completely from the diet, without very careful substitution, you could be in danger of compromising your bone health because of a lack of calcium."

Wow.

Loved it when Samhu Iyyam wrote a glowing review of Katz latest science-fiction novel reVision.

He said - "lyrically beautiful writing,” comparing it to the work of a veritable “who’s who” of great writers, including Plato, John Milton and Charles Dickens. “I finished with a sense of illumination from a great source,” he concluded. “The most opportune comparison may be to a fine wine.”

Only thing was Samhu Iyyam forgot to let everyone know was It's actually Katz writing under the pseudonym Samhu Iyyam.
How can anyone trust that shill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back