Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I lost weight in the US!

I doubt that is going to happen for me haha, we are there for 6 weeks and we have already mapped out a lot of food places :p

I'm going to Europe next week. Fully expecting to put on weight. Hopefully I'll be walking enough to make sure it's not too much. Looking at it as an active recovery period. My body can use a spell atm. Getting some niggling injuries creeping in.

Last edited:

Nah, nothing really. Protein, creatine, standard pre workout and more focus on recovery and passive sessions (I do one session a week of just stretching and low impact body movement stuff). Probably a stronger focus on diet especially early on in the 12 months. I think even more weirdly it wasn’t a goal, I’ve just been enjoying my workouts and not really had a focus. It only occurred to me to even weigh myself this week because a lot of people had been commenting on how much bigger I looked. Checked the scales and was pretty surprised, then did a follow up dexa and was even more stunned my % had remained pretty consistent.

Nah, nothing really. Protein, creatine, standard pre workout and more focus on recovery and passive sessions (I do one session a week of just stretching and low impact body movement stuff). Probably a stronger focus on diet especially early on in the 12 months. I think even more weirdly it wasn’t a goal, I’ve just been enjoying my workouts and not really had a focus. It only occurred to me to even weigh myself this week because a lot of people had been commenting on how much bigger I looked. Checked the scales and was pretty surprised, then did a follow up dexa and was even more stunned my % had remained pretty consistent.
Nice work man, I'm on dat dere dreamer bulk time. Current body weight is up to about 94kg, I'm thinking about trying to crack the ton just for the lols :) Current goals are trying to gain as much strength as possible. Mainly because I realised in the 10 years I've been training (on and off) I've never done a proper strength gaining program as it's always been about aesthetics and any time I've attempted to gain strength it's always been a "clean bulk"

Well fk that, at the moment I don't care how much weight I put on I just want to get my numbers up :) I find cutting pretty easy so I'll get around to that later

Nice work man, I'm on dat dere dreamer bulk time. Current body weight is up to about 94kg, I'm thinking about trying to crack the ton just for the lols :) Current goals are trying to gain as much strength as possible. Mainly because I realised in the 10 years I've been training (on and off) I've never done a proper strength gaining program as it's always been about aesthetics and any time I've attempted to gain strength it's always been a "clean bulk"

Well fk that, at the moment I don't care how much weight I put on I just want to get my numbers up :) I find cutting pretty easy so I'll get around to that later
Pfft clean bulk. You need to invent a meal between brunch and lunch.

KFC steroid-fed Zinger chicken and McDonalds McGrowthHormone burger FTW. I went to HJ's the other day and they have a plethora of TRIPLE burgers on the menu. Don't forget to get a few boxes of 2 minute noodles for added calories and muscle exploding sodium.

All the options I have listed taste like s**t, but we must make sacrifices to the Gods of Swole.

Nothing compares to the pride you feel when you 'crack the ton.' Good luck with your bulking goals:thumbsu:

Pfft clean bulk. You need to invent a meal between brunch and lunch.

KFC steroid-fed Zinger chicken and McDonalds McGrowthHormone burger FTW. I went to HJ's the other day and they have a plethora of TRIPLE burgers on the menu. Don't forget to get a few boxes of 2 minute noodles for added calories and muscle exploding sodium.

All the options I have listed taste like s**t, but we must make sacrifices to the Gods of Swole.

Nothing compares to the pride you feel when you 'crack the ton.' Good luck with your bulking goals:thumbsu:
me: stepping on the scales after cracking the ton

giphy.gif

I cracked the ton, not in the good way either.

Not going to the gym tonight because of a birthday so figured as I wasn't going to be squatting I'd lug my overweight arse up the side of a hill.

Was pretty happy with not dying considering how little cardio I've done recently and the fact I was walking up an old fire trail to sky high. Did remind me that I really should do the work and get back below 100kgs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had legs last night, got up to 80kg x 4 back squats so thought I'd give 85kg a crack for 1 rep, did it easy which I was surprised by. The most I've ever been able to back squat was 90kg about 4 years ago so I'm nearly back at my best! :)

Also did 50kg zercher squats, I'm getting a lot of pinching and bruising on my forearms and inner elbow from them but I guess you just need to suck it up :'(

Well done to those who had made some impressive gains, but if you are a non enhanced gym goer and have some experience in lifting/training putting on 6kgs of lean muscle in 6-12 months cannot be done. Dexa scans can easily be manipulated or unintentional false readings due to water in the body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back