Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve posted this before (I think) but always makes for interesting viewing (that and the guy is one of the best public speakers I’ve heard)

Scales have stopped moving, but i am seeing size and definition in areas i didn't see before, namely the arms, shoulders and back.

Bit concerned about my huge front upper delts that are slightly imbalanced, but i expect this to even out over time.

Eating solidly and trying IF during the working week.

Making no progress in any of the big lifts as expected, but trying to keep it consistent.

Scales have stopped moving, but i am seeing size and definition in areas i didn't see before, namely the arms, shoulders and back.

Bit concerned about my huge front upper delts that are slightly imbalanced, but i expect this to even out over time.

Eating solidly and trying IF during the working week.

Making no progress in any of the big lifts as expected, but trying to keep it consistent.

This you?

main-qimg-e7a2fe75849a87916610cbdf785bb718

Is it normal to lose a lot of weight in week 1 of a cut/diet/new strategy? I'm going down fast, too fast! Hard to know if I've gone too crazy on the deficit or if it's just water weight. Maybe a combination of the two. I hope it's water and not muscle. I know fat itself has a pretty small cap per week.

Doing a 16/8 IF which is good and kinda plagiarizing the keto diet with a hate for carbs. Lots of healthy bowl options for lunch and steamed chicken/salmon and broccoli most nights and one cheat meal per week (thanks Hugh Jackman)

Re Alcohol. I've found none is easier than some. Once you get a taste for it, the oh * it syndrome is hard to overcome. So far so good though.

Like seeing the scales say the numbers they are saying but hopefully after this week it's a kg a week max until goals are met.

Was home sick today and dabbled into the world of podcasts for the first time. Started with Mitch Robinson's, then started to look at Joe Rogan's but he has so many and I don't really recognise a lot of the names, any standouts for people? I just started on one of his recent ones with the strongman but damn they're long. What other podcasts do you guys frequent health and fitness wise?

I spent the last week on the couch sick, pretty much ate a loaf of bread, bread rolls and oven chicken tenders. Feel bloody bloated and gonna reeeeally need to tighten the diet back up now.

I spent the last week on the couch sick, pretty much ate a loaf of bread, bread rolls and oven chicken tenders. Feel bloody bloated and gonna reeeeally need to tighten the diet back up now.
I have been very loose.

Bad time of the year. Lots of footy games. I need to spend 4hrs a day in the gym to make up for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every 6 months I will do a maniacal 3 week dirty bulk.

After a full day of eating already under the belt, dinner consists of 600gm of Chobani or that Yo Pro protein yoghurt.

500-600 gm beef roast and salad.

600 gm double chocolate pudding or lovely Connoisseur apple crumble with the salty caramel base mmm.

During this period I am usually backed up as far as bowel work goes. Once I break my bulk, I eat lightly for a day or two, then clean out the system with the aid of a large bowl of oats and a block of tasty cheese.

Last night I felt a rumble, and got up to do the business. It overwhelmed me instantly upon rising from the couch, and I shart myself hobbling to a toilet less than 10 metres.

Every 6 months I will do a maniacal 3 week dirty bulk.

After a full day of eating already under the belt, dinner consists of 600gm of Chobani or that Yo Pro protein yoghurt.

500-600 gm beef roast and salad.

600 gm double chocolate pudding or lovely Connoisseur apple crumble with the salty caramel base mmm.

During this period I am usually backed up as far as bowel work goes. Once I break my bulk, I eat lightly for a day or two, then clean out the system with the aid of a large bowl of oats and a block of tasty cheese.

Last night I felt a rumble, and got up to do the business. It overwhelmed me instantly upon rising from the couch, and I shart myself hobbling to a toilet less than 10 metres.

That's brilliant. Unfortunate, but brilliant.

Started back on the gym rings tonight, head nearly exploded but it's only about a fifteen minute workout really.

I have been very loose.

Bad time of the year. Lots of footy games. I need to spend 4hrs a day in the gym to make up for it
Holy sheet.
I keep my workouts (including warm-up) to an hour these days, I'm gassed by the end of it. Granted it's been 5 weeks since heart surgery so I still feel like I get a bit tired quicker, but 4 hours is insane.

Holy sheet.
I keep my workouts (including warm-up) to an hour these days, I'm gassed by the end of it. Granted it's been 5 weeks since heart surgery so I still feel like I get a bit tired quicker, but 4 hours is insane.
That was a bit of an embellishment.

Most times it'll be 2.5-3.

I really need to lift the intensity up and bring it down to 60-90 mins

Of late I have been going to sleep on average around 8.30pm. It's been great let me tell you. Close to 9 hours sleep.
Last night upon trudging to bed i thought to myself hey Pete, if you sleep now think about all the stuff you're missing out on, like bigfooty, netflix, tv etc. Still went to bed.

Of late I have been going to sleep on average around 8.30pm. It's been great let me tell you. Close to 9 hours sleep.
Last night upon trudging to bed i thought to myself hey Pete, if you sleep now think about all the stuff you're missing out on, like bigfooty, netflix, tv etc. Still went to bed.
not sure if that was sarcasm but i'd happily sacrifice all of that to feel better during the day and have more energy for workouts.
...most nights i do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back