Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy with what I’ve hit this year. Injured back last year so had to recover from that but hit
150kg dead
105kg bench
120kg squat
52.5kg military

49 minutes 10km
Got a 17km run done with no rest
smashed it!!!

with your PBs, is that a set or a single rep?

Haven't been able to do Yoga since Wednesday as the studio I go to is 200 meters from the Gabba and due to parking restrictions while the cricket is on you can't park anywhere, I'm hoping the Aussies wrap up the Test Match early today so I can go tomorrow.

Went for a run yesterday and a 2 hour walk early this morning instead, legs were sore from the run as I rarely run these days due to bad knees.

My mum is 62, has injuries, illnesses, and poor mobility, but she wants to lose weight with a healthy diet and exercise. She's doing well with the diet but I suggested she get a recumbent bike and exercise. The only problem is, I can't find a straight answer anywhere how frequently (per session and per days a week) she should do it. Don't want her to overdo it or underdo it either. Any suggestions?

My mum is 62, has injuries, illnesses, and poor mobility, but she wants to lose weight with a healthy diet and exercise. She's doing well with the diet but I suggested she get a recumbent bike and exercise. The only problem is, I can't find a straight answer anywhere how frequently (per session and per days a week) she should do it. Don't want her to overdo it or underdo it either. Any suggestions?

The bigger question is how often is she going to do it as that should be your starting point.
Once she’s up and going 5-10 minutes a day at the right intensities will be enough to yield good improvements in cardiovascular health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did a crossfit session last night after a week off sick. was fine for the first 10 or so mins then i conked out. gonna eat till i burst next couple days to try and get energy level back to normal.
glad i went tho, was tough

Good stuff mate. Admire your dedication.

TO become a fully fledged crossfitter, you must now tell everyone you do crossfit. :D

Does anyone use pea-powder or Hemp protein powder with good results?

Does anyone use pea-powder or Hemp protein powder with good results?
I've tried non animal protein before, hated the chalky texture.
If I train on a weekend and have time I'll cook a meal instead of have a protein shake anyway.

still crook, cant keep much food down. fu**. wanted to go tonight

Just take it easy. When i had my asthma (and cold before it) I couldnt go to the gym for about 2 months in total. Was the longest stretch tho- i wont be making the same mistake either re. asthma next year. Get on the meds the sooner the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back