Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been trying to run more and push hard when I do. Sounds like that may be over
possibly...but they mentioned other restrictions on exercise and nothing about masks so hopefully it'll be ok.
just be prepared for the dirty looks and occasional snide comments when you go past people breathing heavy.

possibly...but they mentioned other restrictions on exercise and nothing about masks so hopefully it'll be ok.
just be prepared for the dirty looks and occasional snide comments when you go past people breathing heavy.
Half the *in oldies walking around here don’t wear them anyway 😡
Was trying to build up to running a half Mara next month. Won’t be able to do that anymore

My brother has been a member of a golf club for years and he was telling me yesterday that Covid19 has been the best thing to happen for social golf numbers and golf club membership ever, at least up here in sunny Queensland.

My brother has been a member of a golf club for years and he was telling me yesterday that Covid19 has been the best thing to happen for social golf numbers and golf club membership ever, at least up here in sunny Queensland.
It’s pissing a lot off down here. A lot of the members clubs down here refused to put payments on hold when golf was stopped last time, so people still had to pay their memberships but had no access to the course. Had a few mates cancel their memberships at private clubs because the clubs still wanted payments, but were closed for all service.

a few dodgy gyms tried to pull the same s**t, probably just hoping people wouldn’t notice that direct debits were still coming out when they’re closed

It’s pissing a lot off down here. A lot of the members clubs down here refused to put payments on hold when golf was stopped last time, so people still had to pay their memberships but had no access to the course. Had a few mates cancel their memberships at private clubs because the clubs still wanted payments, but were closed for all service.

a few dodgy gyms tried to pull the same sh*t, probably just hoping people wouldn’t notice that direct debits were still coming out when they’re closed

Which clubs may I ask?

Its ok. Fairly well discussed on various golf threads
Ah I haven’t looked. They’re the private clubs in the outer eastern burbs that I’ve heard about.
presidents of the club were sending out some pretty stupid letters justifying it too.

haven’t had a hit since feb. definitely missing it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we stopped using our gym (we own it. Literally 100m from our house to our gym) on monday
Took a bunch of lighter stuff and set it up in garage

Anyone listening to Mike Catherwood's 'Mikey Likes You' podcast? I really enjoy it. My knowledge base is non-existent so I enjoy how he cuts through the fluff.

bloody struggling for motivation this time in lockdown. was really consistent last time and probably improved some things. defs having more beers this time too which isnt helping
That seems to be the vibe of life in general. Surely this is our last lockdown. Back to life with a few covid safe plans after this.
Anyone know if gyms actually had any confirmed spread of covid?

That seems to be the vibe of life in general. Surely this is our last lockdown. Back to life with a few covid safe plans after this.
Anyone know if gyms actually had any confirmed spread of covid?
I haven't heard anything, but ill be very surprised if gyms open back up straight away after this lockdown.
With only around 3 weeks to go we haven't been given any indication from DHHS on how gyms will operate either once restrictions ease, especially around masks, or sweat guards etc so i'm not confident. Im thinking probably 2 weeks after the 19th we will open up again.

I haven't heard anything, but ill be very surprised if gyms open back up straight away after this lockdown.
With only around 3 weeks to go we haven't been given any indication from DHHS on how gyms will operate either once restrictions ease, especially around masks, or sweat guards etc so i'm not confident. Im thinking probably 2 weeks after the 19th we will open up again.

I don’t our world in Victoria Will be changing all that much even if we have A continued drop in case numbers for the next 2.5 weeks

bloody struggling for motivation this time in lockdown. was really consistent last time and probably improved some things. defs having more beers this time too which isnt helping
Yeah I was on top of things then July hit. The weather was decent in June, definitely walked a bit more. Also sold my hex dumbbells 4-5 weeks ago expecting the Ironmaster dumbbells I wanted would arrive in early August from a heads up I got, alas they're still delayed (logistics I think), and my barbell/plates/landmine order got delayed due to stage 4 effecting wholesalers, so I ain't getting them for another 3+ weeks (bought them 5 weeks ago)

Bought myself a Rogue echo bike last week though when they came back in stock on Rogues site, delivered yesterday afternoon, 5 days, pretty good. Shipping costs were steep but. Absolutely smashes my quads, it's definitely a HIIT bike, not your standard exercise/spin bike that you'd rack up kms on, can see why crossfitters love them, but it's good having a high intensity cardio option now seeing I'm still a few kgs away from running again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back