Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know much about cramp swimming, it's not a fitness or not enough water issue.

Usually after a couple of kms of freestyle and free drills will then switch to breastroke to finish/cool down but will often get cramp in different spots in the upper leg. Worst is probably when you try and do a few big dolphin kicks off the wall on the turn. Or the just normal breastroke kick. Never happens with the free kick during the main work. Or ever really.

Haven't missed a day of either doing a Hot Yoga or HIIT Pilates studio session since coming out of the last lockdown on 23rd of January, feeling fantastic.

The owner of the studio asked me if I'd like to take a few classes..... :think: ah no thanks, not my scene.

Haven't missed a day of either doing a Hot Yoga or HIIT Pilates studio session since coming out of the last lockdown on 23rd of January, feeling fantastic.

The owner of the studio asked me if I'd like to take a few classes..... :think: ah no thanks, not my scene.
What is it about Hot Yoga and fornication? #bikramchoudhuryapproved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ice cream is my kryptonite. Im talking your gourmet variety here, not the crap from the supermarket.

I try and convince myself there is some protein in it. :drunk:

I guess if you are smashing one litre at time which I do, I probably would get a bit of protein out of it. :think:

I still wont touch anything other than a Freddo cake on my birthday.

Could probably give up beer for a year, but I'd struggle big time trying to give up Ice Cream. I'm usually buying those 4 packs of drumsticks or Magnums instead of tubs, because at least I've got them strictly portioned, and a pretty good way to bank 200 odd calories. There's usually hell to pay if I buy a tub.

I've tried making healthy ice cream with sweetener and coconut milk earlier in the year, and it just wasn't the same thing.

I still wont touch anything other than a Freddo cake on my birthday.

Could probably give up beer for a year, but I'd struggle big time trying to give up Ice Cream. I'm usually buying those 4 packs of drumsticks or Magnums instead of tubs, because at least I've got them strictly portioned, and a pretty good way to bank 200 odd calories. There's usually hell to pay if I buy a tub.

I've tried making healthy ice cream with sweetener and coconut milk earlier in the year, and it just wasn't the same thing.

I reckon ice cream has gotta be the worst than anything else.. i find i stack it on if i eat quite a bit of ice cream (compared to quite a bit of chocolate).

There are mini magnums and mini drumsticks too!!!

* i love ice cream.

Off Ben and Jerrys tho. I used to think that was the best s**t ever. Now i think about it and feel like vomiting.

Does anyone know much about cramp swimming, it's not a fitness or not enough water issue.

Usually after a couple of kms of freestyle and free drills will then switch to breastroke to finish/cool down but will often get cramp in different spots in the upper leg. Worst is probably when you try and do a few big dolphin kicks off the wall on the turn. Or the just normal breastroke kick. Never happens with the free kick during the main work. Or ever really.

It will be the position of your leg and it just being uncomfortable.

I did squad swimming for years in high school, breaststroke kick is a really awkward position for everything in your leg, i never did it as a comp stroke as if i turned my foot my hip flexor would cramp and lock.

It will be the position of your leg and it just being uncomfortable.

I did squad swimming for years in high school, breaststroke kick is a really awkward position for everything in your leg, i never did it as a comp stroke as if i turned my foot my hip flexor would cramp and lock.
I have an extreme disability when itcomes to breastroke. Cannot do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back