Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Aug 21, 2007
Tough as Nuts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood, East Side Hawks
I'm on a roll. Been to the gym for a workout the last 15 days in a row, and I'm feeling better mentally and physically for it. Starting easy though since I can't remember when (if ever) I was last this consistent. Weights Mondays (legs), Wednesdays (arms and abs), and Fridays (full body), and cardio Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Aug 21, 2007
Tough as Nuts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood, East Side Hawks
Glad I got a workout in this morning (my 16th day in a row). Gyms are closing from midnight in Adelaide when new level 4 restrictions come in until Friday at this point. I was really starting to enjoy going every day. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get the feeling back when they reopen.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
This is stupid on a number of different levels 2.5 hours of cardiovascular training is not any sort of gold standard requirement for heart health and it's certainly not 'more important' than weight training. In fact if you don't have access to a low impact form of cardio vascular exercise (e.g. bike or pool) 2.5 hours of cardio a week could be harmful.

T4yg3Fr.png

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone read Sal Di Stefano from Mindpump's book; The Resistance Training Revolution? I've been listening to a lot of mindpump the last few months and they certainly say the opposite.

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The Herald Sun are reporting that Gyms will be allowed to re-open in Victoria as part of tomorrow’s announcement 👍

I really wasn’t expecting that as we had to wait an additional week at the end of lockdown 4 and Dan had been saying it will be a more cautious re-opening than the last time.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Yeah im shocked. Gyms are normally the last to open, and there were a few Tier 1 gym hotspots this time around, and how this Delta strain appears to spread. Will be interesting to see what the density limits are. I cant wait for the continuing arguments reminding people they have to wear masks inside :huh:

Back