Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did 90 minutes of Hot Yoga this morning, 30 minute break and then 60 minutes of Hot Pilates.

Drank 2 litres of water/salt/lemon juice mix and 1 litre of coconut water in the half hour before to the finish, wasn't enough, legs were like jelly and I was dizzy as f..k nearing the end, had to lay down and rest for 10 minutes afterwards before I could go to the car and drive home.

I think I over did it.

question. has anyone had tailbone/lower back issues before and if so who did you go to to get fixed? eg, physio or chiro or something else?
noticed i had a sore tailbone doing situps and on a rower one session a couple of weeks ago then it got worse pretty quick. i dont remember doing anything to it so im worried its a lower back thing thats affecting that area or something
basically just doing upper body works outs and running for the time being but its not really getting better

Sit ups seem such a pointless exercise to me. Hate when we have to do them.

question. has anyone had tailbone/lower back issues before and if so who did you go to to get fixed? eg, physio or chiro or something else?
noticed i had a sore tailbone doing situps and on a rower one session a couple of weeks ago then it got worse pretty quick. i dont remember doing anything to it so im worried its a lower back thing thats affecting that area or something
basically just doing upper body works outs and running for the time being but its not really getting better
I had stress fractures in my lower back (L3,4 and 5). That required rest and rehab. I could still train upper body and cardio on a dyno but that was it.

Ongoing maintenance (alot of the muscles around the lower back are really tight for me) is more about activity but management.

Pre covid i would cycle 6 weekly chiro and massage sessions (so i was having one every 3 weeks but each every 6 weeks). I think the chiro/physio debate is personal preference, i swear by chiro as a maintenance thing and think physio is a waste for me, plus i get the muscle work in my massages anyway.

I had stress fractures in my lower back (L3,4 and 5). That required rest and rehab. I could still train upper body and cardio on a dyno but that was it.

Ongoing maintenance (alot of the muscles around the lower back are really tight for me) is more about activity but management.

Pre covid i would cycle 6 weekly chiro and massage sessions (so i was having one every 3 weeks but each every 6 weeks). I think the chiro/physio debate is personal preference, i swear by chiro as a maintenance thing and think physio is a waste for me, plus i get the muscle work in my massages anyway.
* i hope i dont have something like that. might have to flip a coin and go to one of the two and see what they think. cheers

fu** i hope i dont have something like that. might have to flip a coin and go to one of the two and see what they think. cheers
I’d recommend a Physio first, they can do more diagnosis without a scan, Chiro will send you for an X-ray before they’ll do anything. Then if you don’t think the physio treatment is working you can take the X-rays to a Chiro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personal preference but im yet to find anything that works the upper abdominals as well than full range weighted sit ups.
weighted situps FTW :)
recently moved from weighted exercise ball situps to kneeling cable crunches, I do feel like it's a bit easier to progressively overload with the cables but who knows, been a huge fan of weighted sit ups for ages.

I’d recommend a Physio first, they can do more diagnosis without a scan, Chiro will send you for an X-ray before they’ll do anything. Then if you don’t think the physio treatment is working you can take the X-rays to a Chiro.
physio is a little bit stumped, cant find anything major or super obvious. wants me to do some specific exercises and reassess in a couple of weeks. i can run at least so still able to exercise but cant squat or lunge or anything without pain. bit weird

physio is a little bit stumped, cant find anything major or super obvious. wants me to do some specific exercises and reassess in a couple of weeks. i can run at least so still able to exercise but cant squat or lunge or anything without pain. bit weird
So…. This is where I’d stop the physio and head to the Chiro.

Chiro will give you a crack and you’ll feel fine, you’ll just be doing it every 4-8 weeks forever.

see if your physio will send you for an ultrasound

chiro will certainly be next cab off the rank, but the physio is a family friend and a good operator so i trust him to not f me around. im going to keep with what he has said at the start and if theres no improvement in the 2 weeks and he cant figure anything else out then i'll go elsewhere.
have been to a chiro for an issue about a decade ago - they did fix the problem then but yeah keep chasing you after to return forever and a day plus send you for unnecessary scans which id like to avoid if possible

chiro will certainly be next cab off the rank, but the physio is a family friend and a good operator so i trust him to not f me around. im going to keep with what he has said at the start and if theres no improvement in the 2 weeks and he cant figure anything else out then i'll go elsewhere.
have been to a chiro for an issue about a decade ago - they did fix the problem then but yeah keep chasing you after to return forever and a day plus send you for unnecessary scans which id like to avoid if possible
I always found the physio sending me for scans (which to be fair is probably because they are much more thorough)

Copenhagen’s can go and get ****ed but there’s just something about enduring it longer and longer each week.

Got a question and I’m giving my idea away here but I’ve been thinking about it for a while and it’d be a fair risk if someone attempted it.

A ‘healthy takeaway’ store that is in a ‘fitnessy’ area - I.e - Scarborough in WA or Burleigh on the Gold Coast.

Picture going to a takeaway shop in one of these locations on the water that has 20 different meal options that are broken down with macros and calories on the menu. All the fitness heads would be all over it.

There’s a juice shop in Burleigh that has got a minimum 40 minute wait for a juice/protein juice on weekends. 40 minutes for a ******* juice. I just feel like a shop branded correctly to do this could skyrocket in popularity. I’d eat there if it meant I can maintain my calorie/macro targets. Wouldn’t work in a lower economic area I don’t think as cheap fast food is easier and more economically friendly, so you’d have to target the right areas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back