General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely a Biden win is almost a certainty and therefore has already been priced in?

The wrench is in the works is the republican senate and the dream of massive stimulus may be dead, it'll be a compromise of some sorts but I suspect markets won't rise as much had Dems take the Senate as well.

Vaccine roll-out is when you want to be in the market, timing that buy-in is the key (for those with cash on the sidelines).

The wrench is in the works is the republican senate and the dream of massive stimulus may be dead, it'll be a compromise of some sorts but I suspect markets won't rise as much had Dems take the Senate as well.

Vaccine roll-out is when you want to be in the market, timing that buy-in is the key (for those with cash on the sidelines).

I think this is an industry thing too. Things like oil, travel and tourism are still beaten up and should make up more ground than things like mining which have are less effected.

Doubts over the senate make up may have short term market implications.

Anyway, back to the gambling... I mean investing. Liking the look of MGT, think it was mentioned here a while back, but I missed the pump so have bought in on the dump.
I was in and out of MGT but have buy order in at .6, .7 and .8c

One set of good news and it’ll bounce back to 1.5c pretty quick i would’ve thought. I like the management, won’t leave shareholders sitting around too long. There’ll be at least one more pump and possibly dump for a CR. You’ll need to watch the timing though

I was in and out of MGT but have buy order in at .6, .7 and .8c

One set of good news and it’ll bounce back to 1.5c pretty quick i would’ve thought. I like the management, won’t leave shareholders sitting around too long. There’ll be at least one more pump and possibly dump for a CR. You’ll need to watch the timing though
Yeah, the timing is an issue for me, I'm not watching closely enough for short term trading TBH. Just looking for ones that have the possibility of a spike and getting the option of a free carry. But also medium/long term potential if their project gets up and running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did you bail out and take a profit?

I am still holding as my entry price was so bad.
Well the election wasn't over until Saturday. So i held till then. I'm on a paper loss now. Deciding whether to bail and just keep cash ready to buy cheap. Or hold and hope. It seems nothing is stopping this market. Maybe cash is just too worthless, so there's nowhere much else other than stocks to be.

Europe goes bang. Up about 6% right now. I am pleased.

Thanks Pfizer.

NASDAQ futures are negative, the aussie is above 73c and gold is down 2%.

Everything else up!

Last edited:
Certainly was and gold is now trading at $1958.90.

I was toying with loading up the remaining cash into gold stocks or picking a few more market short ETFs.

Did neither.

Oh, the fish that get away! It is worse than being a grizzly on the Canadian Pacific coast in salmon season!
Here comes your yellow metal pullback.

Hopefuly oil has seen its worst days and can start to make a recovery. Don’t think I could have timed an entry in WPL any worse, but I’m content shelfing it for a few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back