General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

CAZ

$11M cash, $16M MC, $10M in Royalties down the line, 30% stake in an iron ore project with PF1, directors exercising their options, and have their own copper projects.

Might be worth some further research

Cannabis stocks had a huge day today.
Creso Pharma will be a company to watch when CBD becomes available over-the counter. Happy to sit on the sidelines for now but watching with interest

Which of these should I get rid of? None are doing much at the moment.

ARX
CAD
CDT
CLZ
CRO
DRE
GSM
GAS
IXR
LTR
MGT
NPM
OAR
RMX
SBR
TEG
Add more. Get some DCX LNY and for the ultimate thrill ride, LCY.
Did you get some LCY? Good processing results today. More due before EOY and PFS is on the cards next.

Cannabis stocks had a huge day today.
Creso Pharma will be a company to watch when CBD becomes available over-the counter. Happy to sit on the sidelines for now but watching with interest
From what I read (not into pot stocks but did catch this) it pumped because the US cleared it for legalised use but it still needs to get through a republican senate which apparently won't happen or is very unlikely. Then a bunch of dog stocks announced the passing of cannabis use without the added important context.

Anyone else here hold ADN? It went into a 2 day trading halt for a JV gold mine announcement which seems very odd given the other company didn't.

Is there more at play here? The drilling results weren't bad but seems weird to halt for them. What am I missing, if anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I read (not into pot stocks but did catch this) it pumped because the US cleared it for legalised use but it still needs to get through a republican senate which apparently won't happen or is very unlikely. Then a bunch of dog stocks announced the passing of cannabis use without the added important context.
Could be worth jumping on if D take the senate in Jan?

Anyone else here hold ADN? It went into a 2 day trading halt for a JV gold mine announcement which seems very odd given the other company didn't.

Is there more at play here? The drilling results weren't bad but seems weird to halt for them. What am I missing, if anything?
There's been a few weird halts recently across the board. Then, the announcement drops and you sit there wondering why there was a halt at all.

Could be worth jumping on if D take the senate in Jan?
No idea but I guess a lot of legislation has passed so maybe it's close/good regardless? I really don't know. My very, very brief understanding of the pot stocks is it's a pretty saturated market so finding a good winner amongst them will be hard. That said, a growing market so you'd assume it goes ok anyway? I just really know SFA about the space, all the companies spruik buzz words without any real substance, to me at least

No idea but I guess a lot of legislation has passed so maybe it's close/good regardless? I really don't know. My very, very brief understanding of the pot stocks is it's a pretty saturated market so finding a good winner amongst them will be hard. That said, a growing market so you'd assume it goes ok anyway? I just really know SFA about the space, all the companies spruik buzz words without any real substance, to me at least
And plenty of people read the headlines of announcements but not the detail.

While I'm here, SRN options are trading at a discount (0.006 strike, June 2022 expiry) to the heads and have a few announcements due over the next few weeks re: drilling. Worth a look

From HC -

1607382579601.png

On the pot stocks, there have been a lot of positive announcements for the sector (and some specific companies) recently. The EU has had a change of definition for marijuana, there's been strong sales growth for a number of the companies and one of them recently got $50m in bank funding to finally build their facility (after blowing ~$150m in previous capital raisings without building it).

I'm heavily invested in LGP, which has strong month on month sales growth, export channels to UK and Germany (recently did $600K to Germany and considered it immaterial), extra grow room capacity and are vertically integrated. Their share price is up from IPO in Feb (two days before the COVID crash) by ~35% and with a chance at break even in the next few months, they (and others close to break even) should grow strongly in 2021. I think they are significantly undervalued still, but with the volatility in the sector would be looking to add if they get under 40c again.

On the pot stocks, there have been a lot of positive announcements for the sector (and some specific companies) recently. The EU has had a change of definition for marijuana, there's been strong sales growth for a number of the companies and one of them recently got $50m in bank funding to finally build their facility (after blowing ~$150m in previous capital raisings without building it).

I'm heavily invested in LGP, which has strong month on month sales growth, export channels to UK and Germany (recently did $600K to Germany and considered it immaterial), extra grow room capacity and are vertically integrated. Their share price is up from IPO in Feb (two days before the COVID crash) by ~35% and with a chance at break even in the next few months, they (and others close to break even) should grow strongly in 2021. I think they are significantly undervalued still, but with the volatility in the sector would be looking to add if they get under 40c again.

CBD is about to change class schedules here in Aus, which is pretty big. But Ye issue with pot stocks is the level of competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back