General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on putting some money into ANZ and NAB now or should I wait until the end of Jobseeker / possible natural disaster?
I’d wait personally... if you surveyed 100k people you might get a 50/50 split though

I’d wait personally... if you surveyed 100k people you might get a 50/50 split though
I'm no expert haha but absolutely no way would I be buying them now.
Right now Im looking at that option or an ETF, but Im trying to avoid having my money sit stagnant, especially when Term Deposits are offering 0.60% for 12 months.

Right now Im looking at that option or an ETF, but Im trying to avoid having my money sit stagnant, especially when Term Deposits are offering 0.60% for 12 months.
Have you long any gold?

Wouldn't mind buying more energy but want it to come back just a bit. Can't believe all I bought before the vaccine news was just one small lot of WPL around $20.

Have you long any gold?

Wouldn't mind buying more energy but want it to come back just a bit. Can't believe all I bought before the vaccine news was just one small lot of WPL around $20.
No, haven't got any. Was restricting myself to the banks because of the lack of risk.

Was wondering why LTR went on a big run today, must be to do with the move from IGO.
It could be due to the following
1. The price of lithium is going up.
2. Anticipation of the Moora drilling results which may mean there will be a sell off on the news.
3. Price action shows a huge supply drain in a very narrow trading range indicating a move was about to happen.

I am in at 26.5c so I am keen to see where this goes.

It could be due to the following
1. The price of lithium is going up.
2. Anticipation of the Moora drilling results which may mean there will be a sell off on the news.
3. Price action shows a huge supply drain in a very narrow trading range indicating a move was about to happen.

I am in at 26.5c so I am keen to see where this goes.
I sold a bee's dick (like 3%) of mine that day simply because it's a ridiculous % of my portfolio after getting in at 5.6 ages ago, but yeah it's looking very good.

Tim Goyder is a quality and honest operator, spewing I also didn't jusmp on CHN that I got my mate on to.

I sold a bee's dick (like 3%) of mine that day simply because it's a ridiculous % of my portfolio after getting in at 5.6 ages ago, but yeah it's looking very good.

Tim Goyder is a quality and honest operator, spewing I also didn't jusmp on CHN that I got my mate on to.
5.6c, nice one mate. Great trade so far :thumbsu:. I think LTR has a lot of potential.

Same here about CHN. Had my entry planned at around $1.04 but didn't take it :drunk:

5.6c, nice one mate. Great trade so far :thumbsu:. I think LTR has a lot of potential.

Same here about CHN. Had my entry planned at around $1.04 but didn't take it :drunk:
Nearly bought it around $1 as well a couple of times, one when I was 50/50 from memory was kind of put off a bit by Tim putting his shares into the CR. Guess it would have freed up the register a bit and he still owns a massive amount of shares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is CSL opening 5 points lower? Still had an agreement to manufacture 30 million doses of AstroZeneca and now an additional 20 million doses.
As per Commsec on Twitter - "Will not progress with the University of QLD covid vaccine trial to stages 2/3 due to the vaccine causing false-positive HIV test results" would be my assumption...

Also turns out the Australian Government has terminated its $1B deal regarding this vaccine trial.

Last edited:
Why don’t I jump on the ones that skyrocket. Look at IMM go in the last few days.....
Mentioned IMM a while back (long term holder), released some extremely good news this morning. I really like a lot of the stuff these guys are doing. Also trade in the US under IMMP. Definitely a long term trade imo.

Principal investigator, Dr Martin Forster, University College London Hospital, said: “We are very encouraged by the results in this patient group with resistant late stage Head & Neck Cancers where the likelihood of response to other treatments is small. The durability of responses and the two patients with a complete response are extremely promising signals and this combination should be further investigated.”

Immutep CSO and CMO, Dr Frederic Triebel said: “The combination of efti and pembrolizumab is reporting encouraging progression free survival in patients with HNSCC and NSCLC, improving on the results from separate historical trials. For example, in comparable studies, HNSCC patients receiving
1,2 pembrolizumab monotherapy had a PFS of 2.1 months, or 2.3 months if given chemotherapy . This
compares to a PFS of 4.3 months in HNSCC patients from the TACTI-002 trial, thus far. To have these very good and durable responses in both groups and without the use of chemotherapy is highly encouraging for efti.”

**PFS = Progression-free survival

Did mention it a while back but whilst I'm happy now there was a long time where I was down around the 30% mark. I still liked everything they were doing so just had to ride it out. Unless you're an expert trader I don't think you should be looking at flipping stocks every week, it wont end well.

As per Commsec on Twitter - "Will not progress with the University of QLD covid vaccine trial to stages 2/3 due to the vaccine causing false-positive HIV test results" would be my assumption...

Also turns out the Australian Government has terminated its $1B deal regarding this vaccine trial.
Strong Aussie dollar doesn't help it either.

IBX up 13% on no news after a big Friday. Something is brewing
CRO announces Mastercard partnership after last week's announcements. Could test 5c again but who knows. I think they're setting up well but still don't trust management to actually manage money so there'll be another dumb CR no doubt

This may have been answered somewhere but what websites and resources do you guys use?

Been tempted to sign up for Morningstar because that was a handy website I was able to use at uni. But just wondering if there's some decent free options out there for getting info on companies, gauging public sentiment (like a forum for example), live prices etc?

This may have been answered somewhere but what websites and resources do you guys use?

Been tempted to sign up for Morningstar because that was a handy website I was able to use at uni. But just wondering if there's some decent free options out there for getting info on companies, gauging public sentiment (like a forum for example), live prices etc?
Hotcopper's probably the main one, but there's loads of s**t to wade through. It turns up the occasional nugget, which is a good starting point for further research. Then, just read widely about the individual company and the industry more broadly. There’s loads of sprukers on Twitter, but I CBF, with any of them personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back