General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

This may have been answered somewhere but what websites and resources do you guys use?

Been tempted to sign up for Morningstar because that was a handy website I was able to use at uni. But just wondering if there's some decent free options out there for getting info on companies, gauging public sentiment (like a forum for example), live prices etc?
I use tradingview to analyse the charts of stocks that fit my trading strategy. The platform I use is CommSec which allows me to access a lot of information on fundamentals and announcements. Asx.com.au is another site that you can use to access this information.

As Deliverance said, HotCopper is a popular forum. One huge problem I have with it though is how emotionally invested the posters are on that forum when it comes to the stocks they are holding. It can cloud their interpretation and judgement around announcements and results which can misguide newcomers/ traders who haven’t been in the game long. There are also trolls who downramp stocks for a number of reasons.

Nah, whyd it drop today?

Should have bought LCY like you said a few days ago.

.8c to 2.6c today, wow.

Been a bad week for travel stocks as well. Back to where they were pre pfizer vaccine announcement....
Not sure TBH about IMM. I'm not invested in it. I'll have to defer to kram for that one.

Yeah, wild day for LCY. Let's see if it holds up over the longer term.

Nah, whyd it drop today?

Should have bought LCY like you said a few days ago.

.8c to 2.6c today, wow.

Been a bad week for travel stocks as well. Back to where they were pre pfizer vaccine announcement....
It went up approximately 100% in two days so it was always going to have a sell off. It’s positive that it was lower volume compared to the two days before that.

Not sure TBH about IMM. I'm not invested in it. I'll have to defer to kram for that one.

Yeah, wild day for LCY. Let's see if it holds up over the longer term.
I'm bullish about IMM, just have a look at all the trials, partnerships etc they have in the pipeline. I'm a long term holder (sold off a parcel last week) and will continue to hold long term. Never, I repeat, never buy into this when it's on the way up though.

Sometimes it goes down on positive news and then sometimes (like last week) it'll go bananas on good news only to retrace like 90%. For whatever reason it's a bit of a day traders favourite.

I'm bullish about IMM, just have a look at all the trials, partnerships etc they have in the pipeline. I'm a long term holder (sold off a parcel last week) and will continue to hold long term. Never, I repeat, never buy into this when it's on the way up though.

Sometimes it goes down on positive news and then sometimes (like last week) it'll go bananas on good news only to retrace like 90%. For whatever reason it's a bit of a day traders favourite.
Whoops sorry. Thought someone else had commented on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would most of you participate in CR when you get the opportunity?

I've been into a few and whilst I haven't flipped them instantly for ok profit (as I'm usually bullish on a company I'm still holding in) it's easy to see how the big end of town can make some insane profits in a short amount of time. I can only imagine some of the dodgy back scratching that goes on around this.

Would most of you participate in CR when you get the opportunity?

I've been into a few and whilst I haven't flipped them instantly for ok profit (as I'm usually bullish on a company I'm still holding in) it's easy to see how the big end of town can make some insane profits in a short amount of time. I can only imagine some of the dodgy back scratching that goes on around this.
Definitely. Many raises are done at 30% discounts to the share price so pretty easy money if you can get in

Need to be a 'sophisticated investor' to do so though. Major reason as to why the rich get richer...

Definitely. Many raises are done at 30% discounts to the share price so pretty easy money if you can get in

Need to be a 'sophisticated investor' to do so though. Major reason as to why the rich get richer...
My brother was telling recently us he has access to a lot of these and usually just flips them, admitted it's a joke.

How does/did your brother get into this?

Sophisticated investor status can't simply be having money? Surely a process?
I was hard to hear on a quick call with dodgy reception but I think it was to do with being section something? And being a preferred client with a broker.

Huge electricity shortages in China with the CCp’s decision to close off Australian coal. They really are shooting themselves in the foot and you have to think the embargo on our coal can’t last much longer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back