General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Quixote

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Energy storage technology is an interesting area.
Nope, stupidly stayed out of the US thinking it would be a chaotic year. Which it was, but the market didnt care.
Have just ventured in to Canadian Solar, with the dems about to spend big on green energy. They've been blasting sales estimates for a while, storage is improving all the time and corporate US solar uptake should continue huge growth.
On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

burge13

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got semi lucky the last week or so. CHK kept me green a few days then VEN/CRO yesterday
IBX has to have news soon, been some huge buying lately and had quite a run with no announcements. Most likely a 'sell the news' event
IXR looks set for another leg up

Schnitzengruben

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Peter O'Connor was calling that his main buy when it was back under $1.
I didn't know what, but turns out it was a great call. I saw a few analysts poo-pooing it because "coal bad" etc, but I'm in this for the money not the ethics haha.

Watched it down from $2 to 80c, but missed the bottom. Got a lot at $1.07 and some more recently. A weaker AUD would really help it along, but I'm not complaining! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schnitzengruben

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I think there's plenty of upside left but it will probably be choppy in its ascent. I'm talking oil rather than coal.
Oil is too highly leveraged towards OPEC production for any long term hold for my liking. Saudi/Russia relations turn on a dime, especially. Likely more left in the tank for short term though.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Have had PNV on the watchlist for some time and picked up shares today at $2.76 after their sell down over the last month. One missed sales target during a pandemic isn't overly bad news, especially when they've got plans in the works to expand their market leading product into the hernia and breast implant space.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Have had PNV on the watchlist for some time and picked up shares today at $2.76 after their sell down over the last month. One missed sales target during a pandemic isn't overly bad news, especially when they've got plans in the works to expand their market leading product into the hernia and breast implant space.
this is an interesting one, they have a nice niche market. Financials are a bit concerning though. They don’t have much cash.
you holding EOS? I’ve been watching it these last few months & have been hoping to see it fall below $5 so I can buy, set and forget

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
PNV are still pumping cash into R&D which is why they're cash light at the moment.
Not holding EOS, though it's still on my watch list if it pulls back a bit further.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
It's becoming mighty tempting to top up on CSL at 270... will put me in overweight territory though. Especially if it quickly runs back up to 300 shortly after.

One of my favourites at the moment is PME which has a P/E of 152 but there's a lot that figure doesn't tell you.
Up 15% yesterday.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Picked up some RAC as they've got enormous potential with their impending results for anti-cancer trials.

Also purchased a small amount of KRM, as they currently have a negative enterprise value and a new board of very qualified executives. KRM has $37m in the bank and a market cap of $25m. With the current stock price at $0.043 it's well worth a look IMO. Purely a speculative play.

And also topped up my PBH holdings as they've got plenty of sunny horizons ahead with their US expansion plans.

burge13

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Picked up some RAC as they've got enormous potential with their impending results for anti-cancer trials.

Also purchased a small amount of KRM, as they currently have a negative enterprise value and a new board of very qualified executives. KRM has $37m in the bank and a market cap of $25m. With the current stock price at $0.043 it's well worth a look IMO. Purely a speculative play.

And also topped up my PBH holdings as they've got plenty of sunny horizons ahead with their US expansion plans.
I started looking at RAC last week. The other one was SOR but I've been so bloody busy I haven't had a chance to confidently buy due to not enough research yet. SOR's gone on a good run so won't buy that until there's a pullback but RAC still on the watchlist for sure. Hoping for a bit more reading this arvo and get in

PBH will haunt me forever. $1.10 I think it was I could have bought and let mates talk me out of it. My fault for being swayed of course but can't help but be annoyed with it...

Will have a look at KRM. Simply based on the money in bank v MC it's tempting

Remove this Banner Ad