General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I just looked and they charge $30 per trade? Wtf?

The reason all of the tendie lovers on r/wallstreetbets are getting on this is because they have Robinhood which is basically free to trade with.

How do we have nothing like that in Australia?
I thought it was a lot cheaper than that. There is one that is free trades (must charge a spread) but I don't do it so haven't really looked. IC Markets is another

This from finder should help - https://www.canstar.com.au/investor-hub/trading-in-us-from-australia/

The reason all of the tendie lovers on r/wallstreetbets are getting on this is because they have Robinhood which is basically free to trade with.

Selfwealth has free trades to an extent through its referral program (5 free trades each time). You can't use free trades for the US trading yet though, only for ASX trading. Here's my referral link if you're interested: https://secure.selfwealth.com.au/Registration/Plan/5/zRJr1

Stake is probably the closest thing we have to Robinhood

Not sure if that's current.

CMC is $11 for an ASX trade (can confirm this) and free for US trades (Cannot confirm).

I'm interested to see how this whole GME thing ends

It's quite fitting that they are using Robinhood to do this, haha. It will surely make a lot of retail investors rich but they'll eventually have to start pulling out and screwing each other in the process on the way down.

On the pot stocks, there have been a lot of positive announcements for the sector (and some specific companies) recently. The EU has had a change of definition for marijuana, there's been strong sales growth for a number of the companies and one of them recently got $50m in bank funding to finally build their facility (after blowing ~$150m in previous capital raisings without building it).

I'm heavily invested in LGP, which has strong month on month sales growth, export channels to UK and Germany (recently did $600K to Germany and considered it immaterial), extra grow room capacity and are vertically integrated. Their share price is up from IPO in Feb (two days before the COVID crash) by ~35% and with a chance at break even in the next few months, they (and others close to break even) should grow strongly in 2021. I think they are significantly undervalued still, but with the volatility in the sector would be looking to add if they get under 40c again.

A couple of dips but not down to 40s. Announcement today has pushed them back up 10% to near record highs. I'd look to add if they dip, but I think 40s are unlikely. Their quarterly sales will be interesting.

I'm interested to see how this whole GME thing ends

It's quite fitting that they are using Robinhood to do this, haha. It will surely make a lot of retail investors rich but they'll eventually have to start pulling out and screwing each other in the process on the way down.
Citadel (just loaned 3.2B to the hedge fund going bust) has access to data from RH before retail sees it. Theory ive read is they were also buying as retail were

If true, youd have to assume thats illegal? Theyve also blown that loan anyway so theyre ****ed. Fascinating to follow but no chance im buying anything from that subreddit

Once again my main two holds AVZ and CXO have continued to trend upwards. CXO has been amazing. If I crystallize now I can buy a decent house outright cash. But been thinking best way to reduce my tax burden. Any tips? I know about CGT etc on stock assets but is there a formula somewhere that I can use to stagger my sells in such a way that I can pay the least amount of taxes? My career annual salary is around 87k currently, but I may push 100k if I get a promotion in the next 6 months. I've thought about selling out 100k profit parcels or so every few years? Or is it best to just sell majority all at once and get hit with s huge tax?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again my main two holds AVZ and CXO have continued to trend upwards. CXO has been amazing. If I crystallize now I can buy a decent house outright cash. But been thinking best way to reduce my tax burden. Any tips? I know about CGT etc on stock assets but is there a formula somewhere that I can use to stagger my sells in such a way that I can pay the least amount of taxes? My career annual salary is around 87k currently, but I may push 100k if I get a promotion in the next 6 months. I've thought about selling out 100k profit parcels or so every few years? Or is it best to just sell majority all at once and get hit with s huge tax?
If you're talking that amount of cash mate go and see a great accountant or financial expert. It will pay for itself. Don't ask people on BigFooty.

Good day for BPH (and BUY) today
I didn't find out about BPH until after closing yesterday. Had $500 sitting in the account from dividends so thought I'd jump on.
Put the order in last night hoping it would go through as soon as the market opened. Logged on at 10:05 and the order was still sitting there and stock had jumped from $0.21 to $0.29.
Got the order processed, but a bit annoyed because now I got about 500-600 less shares.
Fingers crossed.

tangolikelama - I don't know who the * these two are, but I submit to you these gifs of my feelings right now:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mgsdlfnxGM1riyvn3o1_500.gif

1611798715621.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back