General Markets Talk

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
BUY is for capital raising and was done at one of the most insane discounts I've seen. Shares placed at 1 cent (currently trading at 2.7 cents).

GAS closed at 60c......wow

EAEC8B70-68B2-45C2-8EFD-A44A7E84FF90.jpeg

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Option 1, be in stock before it moves.

Option 2, be in stock after it moves.

Option 1 is my preference.

Seriously though, I view this as a 24+ month hold. Hopefully in a few years stock is worth a few dollars per share.
I think it has been a major weakness of mine often refusing to do 2 usually trying only for 1.

Expecting a few announcements through October. But then, so are a lot of junior miners.
Thanks mate, I have done a fair bit of reading on this company over the weekend. Interesting opportunity. Will keep a watch on a possible entry below 1c. See what the week brings.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Will jump in on CWY if they go sub $2. Australian governmens will have to pay for their own recycling, CWY has the resources to do it for them. Divs and SP growth will help me be prepared for bigger $$$ rates notices.

If Vik goes, I'd wait.
You are spot on with recycling, sorting stuff with a negative recycled value & then taking it to landfill has to be paid for by someone.
Recycling involves a world market for the product (see scrap metal, paper) & that is one thing Cleanaway have walked away from in its earlier iterations.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Vik goes, I'd wait.
You are spot on with recycling, sorting stuff with a negative recycled value & then taking it to landfill has to be paid for by someone.
Recycling involves a world market for the product (see scrap metal, paper) & that is one thing Cleanaway have walked away from in its earlier iterations.
Yah, will be interesting to see if he goes. Pretty disgusting that he cashed in the way he did. Cultural issues could be a medium term drag on the SP.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Enough futurising, back to the gambling!!!

Had a butcher’s at CAD, buggered if I know how to pronounce the name, Classical Greek is not a forte. Notice their leases were contiguous with the northern boundary with DEG so I thought I’d have punt on a few. They traded as low as 0.013 today so I set a buy order for a bit.

Also been watching DRE recently. They have one small site that has some reasonable gold grades if you were a small operator and if this proves to be more extensive then they should move. They also have a few sub-economic sites. They were discussed by the chartist I mentioned previously but then they took off from around 0.010 up to 0.016. I looked for a sub 0.016 entry but since then have racked orf outta sight up to close at 0.023 yesterday, pure speculative froth that I wasn’t interested in chasing.

To add insult to injury, the bastards announced a trading halt this morning before trading started. which may extend to Monday. It struck me as odd to call a trading halt for an update of drilling results, so I guess it might be a placement or capital raising to make the most of the speculative price surge.
Here's a gamble for you. CLZ
I've put in an order at 0.001 but there's about 150,000,000 in front of me 😂😂

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
CLZ up 100% this afternoon to 0.002!!!

You must be spewing that you missed the blast off. :tearsofjoy:
Actually, typo. I wasn't even close. 1,500,000,000 ahead of me.🎰🎲😂

IXR at 0.01 Good news on the horizon 🤑
Good day today. Future looks bright.

I feel dirty getting involved in IXR. So am contemplating a miner with social enterprise at heart. MNB are looking to mine and process potash for agricultural use in Angola so they don't have to rely on internationals for food production so heavily. Not far from environmental approval, which should see a boost in SP.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
'Australia's Robinhood' signs up 10,000 investors in three weeks

Aleks VickovichWealth editor
Sep 29, 2020 – 12.01am

Online trading disrupter Superhero, backed by the founders of Afterpay and Zip, has surged in its first few weeks of operation, as thousands of Millennial investors load up on technology stocks, and snub banks and miners.

As first reported by The Australian Financial Review, Superhero launched on September 7, undercutting the market with a flat fee of $5 per trade and minimum investment of $100, alongside a bold goal to "make investing accessible to the younger generation".

bea33247.gif

John Winters, left, and Wayne Baskin are the co-founders of Superhero that charges just $5 per ASX trade. Rhett Wyman

Less than a month on, Superhero has onboarded 10,000 customers as of Monday, with a growth rate at times over that period of one sign-up every 20 seconds.

"You refresh the page and there are another 10 people on the platform," said Superhero co-founder John Winters, a former Shaw & Partners broker.

"We used industry peers to model our growth rates internally and we are already where we thought we would be next April."

The reported activity sees the fintech start-up acquire customers at a faster rate than $8.3 trillion funds management behemoth Vanguard, which had onboarded 8000 investors to its Personal Investor platform by late August, almost four months after launching the product in Australia.
But Mr Winters said Superhero – which was two years in the making and received funding from big names including Afterpay co-founder Nick Molnar, Zip boss Larry Diamond and corporate lawyer Leon Zwier – cannot take total credit for its own early success.
The growth rate is also a function of the frenzied activity in global sharemarkets that has accompanied the coronavirus pandemic, as hordes of young and aspirational investors storm the new breed of low-cost trading platforms.
Angel Zhong, senior lecturer in finance at RMIT in Melbourne, described Superhero as "Australia's version of Robinhood", the controversial US trading platform that has lent its brand to the market's newest cohort of participants.
"Superhero’s entry into the market was timely, occurring when a large surge in retail trading has been observed in Australia and around the world," Dr Zhong said.
"Compared to traditional trading platforms such as Commsec that charges around $19.50 per trade, Superhero charges only $5 per trade. Low-cost trading platforms are attractive to retail investors interested in making a small investment in the sharemarket, thus likely to boost stock market participation."
'Boomer stocks'
Dr Zhong warned that many new entrants to the market are under the influence of unregulated market commentators on social media sites like Reddit and Facebook, echoing the concerns of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
"With easy and low-cost trading platforms, retail investors may act on misleading information from social trading and suffer losses in a highly volatile market," she said. "The rise in low-cost trading platforms and the associated increase in retail investors in the sharemarket highlights the importance of financial literacy."
Mr Winters agreed that many of Superhero's new customers are members of investment groups and threads on social media platform. For example, he attributes online commentary around software company Brainchip to the stock becoming one of the most popular on the platform so far.
The buy now, pay later companies, including the two linked to Superhero, are also surging in popularity among Superhero's early adopters, more than 60 per cent of whom are under 40, the co-founder estimated.
By contrast, Superhero customers have eschewed blue-chip "boomer stocks" in the financial services and energy sector.
"The banks are very underrepresented, maybe [making up] 5 per cent [of holdings] across the entire book," Mr Winters said. "Same for BHP, Rio Tinto, Fortescue – they’re there but they are way down the list."
He said Superhero built in checks and balances to ensure the kind of "blatant speculation" that ASIC is worried about does not occur on the platform, including warnings about the potential for capital losses.
"We have been raised as responsible people and we believe people’s money should be taken care of," the former stockbroker said. "But we don’t stop someone from coming and trading. And we don't provide advice, that is not our business."

https://www.afr.com/companies/finan...-000-investors-in-three-weeks-20200928-p55zzp

Back