General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be picking up the pieces off the many dumps this morning. Looking for drops of 15-20% off the back of no news before jumping in. Quick in and outs

CRO
NZS
DOU
ICI
IOU

all in the firing line

Last edited:
COVID fears smashing the market right now.

Assuming the election isn't contested, I don't think the market is too fussed about who wins the U.S election.

If I had more cash sitting around, I'd probably be buying during these COVID fear dips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And is this still your exit strategy?
In a manner of speaking, yes. With the current commentary, the market volatility and decling mexican peso, its looking like a closer result than was expected just a few weeks ago. There's potential for the election not to be "over" for weeks/months. So I guess I'll hold until there's a winner declared.

I'm no magical stock picker - I only hold ETFs at the moment - but my holdings look like COVID never happened and that leads me to think that we will have a bit of a short-term pullback soon. It's too positive out there right now.

Tooting my own horn with no shame.

Posted the above on 13.10.2020, in those 18 days the S&P 500 is down 6.9%, Nasdaq is down 8%, Stoxx 600 down 7.7% and ASX 200 down 4.3%.

Emerging markets & Japan would be flat but China would be up.

Tooting my own horn with no shame.

Posted the above on 13.10.2020, in those 18 days the S&P 500 is down 6.9%, Nasdaq is down 8%, Stoxx 600 down 7.7% and ASX 200 down 4.3%.

Emerging markets & Japan would be flat but China would be up.
Plenty more losses to come IMO. Aside from Covid and the US election, there's also the huge input from Robinhood amatuers this year that has inflated stock prices. Will be interesting to see if they can hold their nerve once the red starts to appear in their accounts.
Could be some great buying opportunities end Nov/early Dec

Plenty more losses to come IMO. Aside from Covid and the US election, there's also the huge input from Robinhood amatuers this year that has inflated stock prices. Will be interesting to see if they can hold their nerve once the red starts to appear in their accounts.
Could be some great buying opportunities end Nov/early Dec
Absolutely. I have about 50% of my free cash sitting there ready to go. Copped an absolute baking today! Glad I didn’t go into CRO, it’s an interesting business model and businesses love cash flow, but their 2020 financials were the definition of “turd”. IMU held up today, (and they had news of FDA approval to do that), that’s all that didn’t go red for me.

Absolutely. I have about 50% of my free cash sitting there ready to go. Copped an absolute baking today! Glad I didn’t go into CRO, it’s an interesting business model and businesses love cash flow, but their 2020 financials were the definition of “turd”. IMU held up today, (and they had news of FDA approval to do that), that’s all that didn’t go red for me.
i got out of CRO last week but the 1 for 4 options/shares at 0.001c was a big profit for me

Wouldn’t think anyone who got in under 4c, which is most, would be unhappy to have got in even where they’re at now. Adding the options to their current holdings would still see them well in front at a 4c buy in

i got out of CRO last week but the 1 for 4 options/shares at 0.001c was a big profit for me

Wouldn’t think anyone who got in under 4c, which is most, would be unhappy to have got in even where they’re at now. Adding the options to their current holdings would still see them well in front at a 4c buy in
Oh not being critical. Was looking to buy myself as I do think what they are doing is a good idea.

Oh not being critical. Was looking to buy myself as I do think what they are doing is a good idea.
I wouldn’t be too critical of their financial report then. It was up to end of FY which was prior to the release of their main product, Spenda, as well as their merger with Appstablishment which is due to complete this qtr

I wouldn’t be too critical of their financial report then. It was up to end of FY which was prior to the release of their main product, Spenda, as well as their merger with Appstablishment which is due to complete this qtr
Yep still on my watchlist. Took a pasting today.

My prediction is if Biden wins the asx will get absolutely slaughtered on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back