General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd expect Biden with the support of a suddenly accomodating house to turn on the taps, which in theory will ramp up the gold prices. The main driver of gold though is how the USD fairs, Biden could turn on the tap for COVID or infrastructure and the USD could hold assuming the world starts buying American again.

My gut tells me gold won't go above $2,000 and if anything it's actually peaked as I don't see why the USD will weaken in global recover recovery or even during a short-term COVID storm. That said copper/iron ore could run.
There is a tremendous amount of money printing going on so i'm hoping this impacts on gold prices. Looks like the free money has started with $50k debt forgiveness on college loans. I agree I think infrastructure gets a massive boost in the US and worldwide so commodities should do well. If fracking and other oil stuff gets shutdown by Biden then oil should all look promising. Uranium also looking promising.

Think we'll see gold over $2k early next year so we won't have long to wait to see who's right.

forgiving student debt is beyond dumb. Why should it be free? You choose to go, complete free will, why should you get that for nothing? I don't get the arguments on that but dumb uni kids vote it in I guess

Copper should run into the electric vehicle push and renewable energy etc. I'm in RCP and CHK for this hopeful run

You'll benefit greatly from not watching the SP as often as you seem to

Buy, wait, sell when comfortable or need to. Anything else is stress you don't need and no one is smart enough to get the tops/bottoms every time...
I'm generally fine with selling too early or being wrong in hindsight as long as I'm happy with what the thought process behind making the decision at the time was.

When shooting yourself in the head, once is never enough, particularly if you are still conscious. I decided to have another crack at BBUS, 120 more at 1.78.

One day their market will have a dip.

:think:

**** knows when, but one day ... :tearsofjoy:
S&P back above pre covid highs, surely this call will eventually come good for someone!

I'm considering buying equally into CSL, RMD, and TCL with no intent to sell until 2023.

Is that a good decision?

SOLD all my Rhythm @ .350 last week like a ******* moron.
I was in EM1 at 3.2c but got stopped out at 2.8c while adhering to my trading rules. Within a few months EM1 reached a height of 17c which was just under 500% up from my entry. s**t like this happens.

Got a couple US bookmakers on the radar. Mainly DraftKings, they have fingers in the right pie with UFC/NFL deals. Can only see online sports betting being legalised in more states in the future, once it does it will just take off and they will start printing money.
similar to what PointsBet has done in the short time it’s floated.

Got a couple US bookmakers on the radar. Mainly DraftKings, they have fingers in the right pie with UFC/NFL deals. Can only see online sports betting being legalised in more states in the future, once it does it will just take off and they will start printing money.
similar to what PointsBet has done in the short time it’s floated.
Any smaller ones publicly traded? Draftkings has had it's run IMO ($18B marketcap), as has Pointsbet ($2B cap despite barely anyone using it).

Have a look at BET if you want to get into the gambling side of things. They'll benefit from legalization by offering their tech/service to more states. Smaller cap ($300M) but widely used and just did a deal with the NJ commission.

Bought HLO and WHC during the election chaos, have run substantially since then. Also been topping up on MFFOA since they were listed. Money for jam, in my opinion.

A few ETF's. VAS, NDQ and recently purchased ESPO. I like the thematic in ESPO especially.

For my personal account - I mainly buy microcaps. Usually shell's trading at or around EV with management who have proven track records, or are in possession of a high quality asset with perhaps unfavourable macroeconomic trends around it.

When shooting yourself in the head, once is never enough, particularly if you are still conscious. I decided to have another crack at BBUS, 120 more at 1.78.

One day their market will have a dip.

:think:

**** knows when, but one day ... :tearsofjoy:
S&P back above pre covid highs, surely this call will eventually come good for someone!
Has there ever been a period of low interest and QE like this in history? Hard to see anything tanking it short of a major disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there ever been a period of low interest and QE like this in history? Hard to see anything tanking it short of a major disaster.
Money as cheap as ever + continued vaccine news + stimulus in the US almost a guarantee. There's a lot left to prop this up but it feels like the top is in doesn't it? People are far too bullish considering;

Record unemployment/under-employment (if you include jobkeeper/seeker which is unemployed dressed up different), record debt, inflation, US lockdowns, closed borders, expected mortgage delinquencies, banks wanting their money back soon etc

Better off not overthinking it, just go with the flow. Market doesn't make sense at all but if you only did what made sense, you missed out on 10 bags from APT (like I did). Lesson learned, ignore the noise...

IBX did another cap raise, I don't like the dilution but their announcement was very interesting. Worded it as though they're pushing ahead fully expecting human trials (which haven't started yet) are a foregone conclusion and they'll succeed no problems.

Raised at 8.5c and despite a selloff, it's back to 12c. Big end to the year coming up

Which of these should I get rid of? None are doing much at the moment.

ARX
CAD
CDT
CLZ
CRO
DRE
GSM
GAS
IXR
LTR
MGT
NPM
OAR
RMX
SBR
TEG

geez that’s a lot of gambling. I’m a conservative investor, but I’d be pulling out of half of those unless you have an abundance of cash.

ARX
CAD
CDT
CLZ
CRO
DRE
GSM
GAS
IXR
LTR
MGT
NPM
OAR
RMX
SBR
TEG
I don't know what most of them even are but if you need to ask randoms on the internet for advice, you haven't done your research OR you need more confidence in it...

It also depends on your entries. If you got into SBR at 0.002 as opposed to 0.020 that's a massive difference for example...

OAR is in a hot sector and a neighbour to ADN I believe? I'd hold
IXR is also in a good sector. The rare earths ETF is rising & had a decentannouncement. I'd hold
CRO sounds good long term but they'll need another raise soon. Option conversion won't fund anything yet. If you're down on it I'd cut losses personally but we all have different risk tolerance. That's why asking randoms for advice shouldn't be of importance...

Of your list I hold
CRO (in at 0.011 and freecarrying)
IXR (average 0.012)

As NP said, that's a lot of gambling. Best to get pro advice if you're serious about it. All depends on your entries and risk tolerance though, so none of us can answer this for you

ARX
CAD
CDT
CLZ
CRO
DRE
GSM
GAS
IXR
LTR
MGT
NPM
OAR
RMX
SBR
TEG
Lols did you just buy everything that anyone ever mentioned on here.
I hold IXR, scoping study due soon but Uganda risk.
I hold CDT, results due back soon but have no idea on likelihood of positive outcomes.

I don't know what most of them even are but if you need to ask randoms on the internet for advice, you haven't done your research OR you need more confidence in it...

It also depends on your entries. If you got into SBR at 0.002 as opposed to 0.020 that's a massive difference for example...

OAR is in a hot sector and a neighbour to ADN I believe? I'd hold
IXR is also in a good sector. The rare earths ETF is rising & had a decentannouncement. I'd hold
CRO sounds good long term but they'll need another raise soon. Option conversion won't fund anything yet. If you're down on it I'd cut losses personally but we all have different risk tolerance. That's why asking randoms for advice shouldn't be of importance...

Of your list I hold
CRO (in at 0.011 and freecarrying)
IXR (average 0.012)

As NP said, that's a lot of gambling. Best to get pro advice if you're serious about it. All depends on your entries and risk tolerance though, so none of us can answer this for you
I am looking at CRO as well because their business model looks attractive but there recent financials were a turd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back