General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I think oil will still go up a lot more. It reminds me a bit of golds recent rally with how obvious it seems.

Oil is trending very nicely (as is coal). Energy in general is very sexy atm. I'm stuffed to the ******* gills in a junior oil explorer so I hope it continues.

Travel stocks are flying.

May have missed the boat on the big 4 banks.
Picked up some WBC at around $15 this year. Was confident they would be a great yield play when the sector returns to some normality.

HLO....need I say more? I hold WEB too but only a small amount.

expecting rockets today with this mornings announcement

expecting rockets today with this mornings announcement
Ah, a non-binding MOU. Aka a piece of paper. That is generally a reliable precursor to an unsustainable rally IMO.

CRO, announcement of an agreement with VISA... and another cap raise

Burning money hand over fist. Management seem hopeless with finances, remember only 6 weeks ago they didn't get their financial reporting in on time. Potentially great product, circus clowns running the show

CRO, announcement of an agreement with VISA... and another cap raise

Burning money hand over fist. Management seem hopeless with finances, remember only 6 weeks ago they didn't get their financial reporting in on time. Potentially great product, circus clowns running the show
I got burned by them years ago. I forget the exact details, but they had some agreement with Telstra which was going to eventuate in some massive revenue streams for them. I believe they gave guidance of $4.2m or thereabouts. Quarterly after quarterly, nothing of note showed up. Absolutely disgraceful.

They're lucky BNPL and Fintech are hot right now otherwise they would've gone insolvent a year ago.

I got burned by them years ago. I forget the exact details, but they had some agreement with Telstra which was going to eventuate in some massive revenue streams for them. I believe they gave guidance of $4.2m or thereabouts. Quarterly after quarterly, nothing of note showed up. Absolutely disgraceful.

They're lucky BNPL and Fintech are hot right now otherwise they would've gone insolvent a year ago.
Yeah, I got in at 1.1c and am free carrying (thankfully). My plan was to hold beyond Christmas and re-assess around March. I'll stick to this plan but make no mistake, I've given up on management being able to manage money. My mental stop loss is 1.5c to take profits if need be

The HC threads on CRO are hilariously bad too. Easily the dumbest section on that site.

Yeah, I got in at 1.1c and am free carrying (thankfully). My plan was to hold beyond Christmas and re-assess around March. I'll stick to this plan but make no mistake, I've given up on management being able to manage money. My mental stop loss is 1.5c to take profits if need be

The HC threads on CRO are hilariously bad too. Easily the dumbest section on that site.
That's great that you made a couple bags out of it. Much better than to be bagholding around these prices.

However, I'd be pretty annoyed if the SP was 3c and you got out at 1.5c with a 50% haircut.

That's great that you made a couple bags out of it. Much better than to be bagholding around these prices.

However, I'd be pretty annoyed if the SP was 3c and you got out at 1.5c with a 50% haircut.
Agreed that'd suck, but the risk (nothing now as it's free carried) vs reward if it runs is worth holding just to see. Do I think this management team can take it to 20c? No, not really. BUT it isn't going to cost me anything to find out & the worst-case scenario now is I make a few bucks. I'll take that punt.

I make far worse bets all AFL season haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed that'd suck, but the risk (nothing now as it's free carried) vs reward if it runs is worth holding just to see. Do I think this management team can take it to 20c? No, not really. BUT it isn't going to cost me anything to find out & the worst-case scenario now is I make a few bucks. I'll take that punt.

I make far worse bets all AFL season haha
I understand. I'm going to be honest - I completely disagree with the logic. But I hope it works out for you.

Gold still holding above $1800 US.

I'm considering buying equally into CSL, RMD, and TCL with no intent to sell until 2023.

Is that a good decision?
Hard to how you can go wrong buying CSL for the long term, if it pulls back to around $280 I'll probably buy more.

Does that mean you have no intention to sell before 23 and will continue to hold them beyond this date if they are performing well?

If this is the case and you are prepared to ride out any lows that may come in 21-2, as we know this market has developed gravity immunity due to the new improved Powell put, then that is a reasonable and conservative strategy. I can’t see any fecking way that these stocks will not be higher in 24-6.

However, if I held these stick through to 23 there is no way that I would sell them before 26.
I could probably hold for another 10 years if necessary without trouble as the purpose is to build assets the kids can have when they're older. The economic climate over the next year or so is a concern so dollar cost averaging buys is an option.

Have a look at BET if you want to get into the gambling side of things. They'll benefit from legalization by offering their tech/service to more states. Smaller cap ($300M) but widely used and just did a deal with the NJ commission.
BET hits 0.73 (0.55 at time of posting) and has taken over Sportech, a company that handles $12B in bets per year...

Good going

BET hits 0.73 (0.55 at time of posting) and has taken over Sportech, a company that handles $12B in bets per year...

Good going
Solid shout. Recent acquisition looks really good for expansion in US states.
I might buy into it. $400M company operating in a space where US betting revenue forecasted to be >$8 Billion by 2025.
These guys will be printing money in the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back