General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Copper supply dwindling and the EV push hasn't gone anywhere. Still bullish there
I'm looking to add/get into to some goldies

Good companies selling off when fundamentals haven't changed are the ones to get into on silly selling

CSL has been one of my biggest disappointments. I didn't think its results from the plasma business were all that bad, and they did well in the non-plasma part of the business. But I guess even the company's own outlook and guidance has done it no favours.

Most my holdings are long term so I'm going to sit tight and put a pause on putting more money in the market for the time being.

I have some exposure to gold so I'm hoping at some point soon we see a turnaround and things start to kick-off that direction again.

I'll sell and rebuy a few of my long term plays that are currently at a loss, to offset some capital gains. CSIQ, I'm looking at you.
Won't enter any new positions for a while, but have INA, CWY, Neoen and Vestas on the radar.
Freeholding MNB after their pump, will top up more at some stage during the dump.

My oil-based holdings have been treating me well lately. OPEC agreed to extend supply cuts for another month last night and that's produced a decent burst in prices.

Other than that most of my holdings have seen small falls but nothing has moved into obvious buy territory. That probably goes to show how hot the market was a few weeks ago.

Copper supply dwindling and the EV push hasn't gone anywhere. Still bullish there
I'm looking to add/get into to some goldies

Good companies selling off when fundamentals haven't changed are the ones to get into on silly selling
Where's your exposure to copper?

Explorers/specs only atm because I'm an idiot who knows I should play safer but never do, but CHK (freecarry) & RCP (in at 0.06) currently. Will look to add SFR eventually though. On watchlist to add at low 5's hopefully
I sold SFR at 5.9 for reasons stated earlier in the medium term but probably could look at it for a short term trade if it got whacked back to around 5.

Rocky from Shaw's likes it.

BPM market cap now less than the value of their cash in the bank and lower than the IPO price. Seems a good punt with drill results coming soon.

BPM market cap now less than the value of their cash in the bank and lower than the IPO price. Seems a good punt with drill results coming soon.
What if their investors know that the drill results are very bad and have been getting out while they can.

Some of these little speccies like to run the bank balances down with a dead in the water prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if their investors know that the drill results are very bad and have been getting out while they can.

Some of these little speccies like to run the bank balances down with a dead in the water prospect.
Well that would be bad and all kinds of illegal.
Example of where that has been proven before?

Like the sound of RNU, world’s 2nd largest graphite reserve
graphite is where the money is.

Everyone is buying into the Lithium companies because of the expected lithium battery boom. But Graphite is a scarcer recourse and is a key component in the lithium battery

Last edited:
I was starting to research RAC after the few mentions here. Think Uniti (UWL) might be the stock I get into for a long termer.

Excited about the CHK trading halt, hopefully something that is remotely similar to BHP's land next door and it could be off the chain. Alternatively it's nothing that great and I'll regret not having dipped out earlier.

I was starting to research RAC after the few mentions here. Think Uniti (UWL) might be the stock I get into for a long termer.

Excited about the CHK trading halt, hopefully something that is remotely similar to BHP's land next door and it could be off the chain. Alternatively it's nothing that great and I'll regret not having dipped out earlier.
Been waiting on CHK for a little while now. Freecarrying after selling a bit in the 5's last week (initial buy 1.4c)

Director buying on market a fortnight or so ago is surely good signs. Hard to imagine it being a rubbish ann but expectations are quite high so if it doesn't meet those (perhaps unfair) lofty expectations the market won't like it much anyway.

Will look into UWL.

It's a minor update as well, not even one of the three to be delivered by the end of this month. Could see $5 by end of March.
What are the three updates to be released by months end? Trying to have a look on hotcopper but jesus people post some s**t on there .

Been waiting on CHK for a little while now. Freecarrying after selling a bit in the 5's last week (initial buy 1.4c)

Director buying on market a fortnight or so ago is surely good signs. Hard to imagine it being a rubbish ann but expectations are quite high so if it doesn't meet those (perhaps unfair) lofty expectations the market won't like it much anyway.

Will look into UWL.

I take it that was bad news for CHK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back