General Markets Talk

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Are credit raises a bit of a scam for existing holders?
As retail in capital raises you almost always get the rough end of the stick but the really important thing is that they are actually using the cash appropriately and not just diluting you aimlessly..

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are credit raises a bit of a scam for existing holders?
Some companies do good raises and use the money to grow the company.

To spot a dodgy one you'll get a huge pump on no news then a trading halt for a cap raise. CRO experts on this one. Only time their price has done anything the last 12ish months was 2x pump to get the price up then CR both times

Almost exclusively yes (WHC and CRN only holdings above a $700M MC), 7 stocks under 200M. Largest holdings RAC, IXR, and IBX.

That said I sit at a PC all day for work and can monitor it. Wouldn't advise such a high-risk portfolio for someone who can't monitor it so closely
IBX has been a bin fire of recent.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
IBX has been a bin fire of recent.
Ive been in since 0.018 and averaged up. Even my average now is in the 4s so im not worried too much but yeah the hype into the 20s and slow grind down has been less than ideal

Unsure why they keep patient enrolments so quiet but theyve bought a new office HQ, multiple JV lined up so trials must be looking good. I dont like management all that much, communication is shite but if trials are successful across multiple cancer types its soaring passed $1 with ease. Good risk/reward imo. Someone who bought above 10 would have a different opinion though Im sure

Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
ICYMI - DJIA dropped by 1000 points before recovering and gaining some. Nasdaq dropped almost 5% before recovering and gaining some.
Volatility going to mess a few up until the Fed draw their line in the sand friday AM our time.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
IMU gonna rebound anytime soon?

Probably not. The IMU board on HC is an absolute sh*t show of circle jerking over how good it is, yet no one understands the science and everyone seems to lack DD skills.

Using one product as an example the global CAR-T drug market value is expected to be around USD $3.1B by 2023, there are already 5 FDA approved products in the space. They're essentially trying to build a better mousetrap that has to dramatically perform better than 5 other drugs before anyone would even consider switching over to IMU's CD19 product. The most likely outcome is its middling and the likely market share is $500m at most, and that's assuming everything goes to plan between now and 2023.

They're also very selective and sneaky in how they release trial updates and announcements and omit some pretty crucial information that would be required to provide genuine market updates on how things are progressing.

All IMO of course, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Saints
Last nights NYSE recovery spike ( back up ) was supposedly shorts being covered.
US futures are red..

This is from China commodities this morning ( thanks to https://twitter.com/Sino_Market )

This is far from over

FJ6MyKmagAIlnLa

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The fundamentals haven't changed in any of my holdings so not particularly worried but it's starting to hit the point where I look to add

Must admit I didn't expect RAC to get below SPP price so that is annoying. Easily my largest holding so not sure how much i can justify adding there but it's likely I will

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm so tempted to plough some more cash in over the coming days.
How far off are we off from blood in the streets.

Let's be honest this sell off is long overdue, such an expensive market.

I have a decent amount of cash to deploy only real mistake was getting a bit greedy and not selling more LTR at $1.70+

The fundamentals haven't changed in any of my holdings so not particularly worried but it's starting to hit the point where I look to add

This would be what they mean when they say money is made in a boom but wealth is made in a crash.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
How far off are we off from blood in the streets.

Let's be honest this sell off is long overdue, such an expensive market.

I have a decent amount of cash to deploy only real mistake was getting a bit greedy and not selling more LTR at $1.70+
Unsure. How many new investors have come in over the past months? Has crypto declining transferred some of those who are risk tolerant into the market?

Just wish housing would dip a touch so I can get into the market with as little debt as possible.

Remon Tea

All Australian
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Must admit I didn't expect RAC to get below SPP price so that is annoying. Easily my largest holding so not sure how much i can justify adding there but it's likely I will
Absolutely this. I'm happy to wait a few days before buying a few targets of mine.

Back