General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

US inflation figures are 8.3 roentgen, not good, not bad. Should be a negative day for US stocks overall, but not a total haemorrhage.

My prediction.

If the USA carries through with its interest rate rises as planned then the developed world will enter recession next year.

The aud will fall below 50 us cents per domestic dollar. And it may stay their for a decade as we sort out our housing and debt issues.

Australia is on the verge of a lost decade like Japan in the nineties.

My prediction.

If the USA carries through with its interest rate rises as planned then the developed world will enter recession next year.

The aud will fall below 50 us cents per domestic dollar. And it may stay their for a decade as we sort out our housing and debt issues.

Australia is on the verge of a lost decade like Japan in the nineties.

a global recession is no longer a prediction. it is a certainty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost at a 52w low. Probably a good opportunity if it's a set and forget strategy.
Good advice, particularly with respect to the set and forget. I've been buying with this strategy.

That said, I recently read that excluding the 2020 and 2008 recessions, most markets take years to rebound, this concept of quick rebound is a relatively new one. Which would suggest that the EFTs at their 52w looks are some time from being back to their peaks and rising again, though the golden rule of EFT investing is don't try and time the market.

What a jumble this post!

Can anyone recommend a good platform/exchange to buy into an ETF that tracks the s&p, nasdaq, etc.?
Easy to use, lowest fees, and all that.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You should be able to on most of the major online trading platforms - Commsec, Selfwealth, NABTrade

There is an article on abc.net.au about researchers who have found a way to capture solar energy at night, as heat escapes from the ground and makes its way back towards space.

There's a long way to go and all that but I feel uncomfortable about these guys trying to undermine my lithium stocks.

Well i never thought id get RAC back at my original buy price but looks like itll happen this week.

Likewise, I've gone from +210% profit to now officially being a bagholder. The whole time the fundementals have only got better.

Going to throw some decent cash at it when it starts to turn around, for now it's a case of waiting to see when that may be.

Likewise, I've gone from +210% profit to now officially being a bagholder. The whole time the fundementals have only got better.

Going to throw some decent cash at it when it starts to turn around, for now it's a case of waiting to see when that may be.
Yeah im not catching a falling knife (yet) but could realistically double my position now. Given as you say fundamentally its improved im watching closely to add decent amounts.

Has been a bit quiet though given how much has been promised. Maybe something is imminent

Yeah im not catching a falling knife (yet) but could realistically double my position now. Given as you say fundamentally its improved im watching closely to add decent amounts.

Has been a bit quiet though given how much has been promised. Maybe something is imminent

Next up will be interim Israel data and/or interim patent applications. It’s a case of just having patience atm, it will come good again at some point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back