General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne Russell coming back from an ad break before the match had started said "It doesn't get any better than this". Referring to a pre-season match in Launceston.

Someone PLEASE empty a bottle of cyanide into his next drink ffs.

Last edited:
I actually love the new graphics - far better than last year.

It's like the transition between iOS6 to iOS7.
Watching the V8s, it seems the new stuff is across all the channels. The Fox Sports logo is coloured in the respective sports logo, and the fonts are the same

So I'm watching the 2009 GF on Fox Footy ATM.

In HD.

From 2009.

YET THE ******* 2014 GRAND FINAL WAS FILMED AND BROADCAST IN STANDARD DEFINITION.

5 YEARS LATER.

what the *

Driving in Perth today 880 (6PR)?) on the radio.. 1st Quarter of the Port v Eagles game. I think I heard them say it was 5AA radio in SA broadcasting it.

Disgraceful. At least 3 people were trying to speak at the same time.

How gutless everyone in footy media is about doping. Just want to hear someone say- "maybe he knowingly cheated!?" "Maybe they cheated?"

Broadcasters need to deal with the reality that cheating occurs and not doing it compounds the problem

So I'm watching the 2009 GF on Fox Footy ATM.

In HD.

From 2009.

YET THE ******* 2014 GRAND FINAL WAS FILMED AND BROADCAST IN STANDARD DEFINITION.

5 YEARS LATER.

what the ****
It's hard to believe.

I recently got the upgrade to hd on Foxtel. Id never had it before, and when reading BF and seeing people moan about it not being on Ch 7, I never really gave it much thought, I could take it or leave it.

The other day I thought I'd throw the GF DVD on for the first time in a while. I first thought I had lost my eyesight.

It's ******* woeful.

It's even harder to believe a company would downplay its own product to such a degree.

Shame on you channel 7.

Jon Anderson of the Herald Sun stuffs up the facts about the late Peter Ward.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-of-cancer-at-67/story-fni0fit3-1227266858442

Ward is not in the Australian Football Hall of Fame - it is the Masters [Sport] HOF he's in, and was inducted in 2011, not 2012 as Anderson writes.
http://starcommunity.com.au/star/2011-11-08/hall-of-fame-for-a-master-of-the-game/

I wrote a comment on the article page pointing out the errors, and tweeted HSSports as well. Both of my posts were either not loaded, or have been removed from the respective pages.

Can only presume that HS staff think the paper is perfect and errors never occur !

Gripe about the Fox Footy graphics.

The overuse of animation.

Bar slides out...bar slides up...bar slides out...displays data for 5 seconds...bar slides in....bar slides down...bar slides back off screen.

7 changes to the graphic per point of data displayed.

So distracting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gripe about the Fox Footy graphics.

The overuse of animation.

Bar slides out...bar slides up...bar slides out...displays data for 5 seconds...bar slides in....bar slides down...bar slides back off screen.

7 changes to the graphic per point of data displayed.

So distracting.
With that random +.
The other stuff has grown on me :p

So just looking at the fixture and schedules for the first time, and * me, is there a time slot that the AFL and the broadcasters haven't tried to put on a game? Broadcasters (fox in particular) what games at certain times for their schedules but it just *s around folks who actually want to attend games. Here's an idea, how about fewer time slots and a bit of regularity in each *in week's schedule?!

Proposed schedule and start times (aest)
1-Friday: 8pm
2-Saturday: 2pm
3-Saturday: 2pm
4-Saturday: 4:45pm
5-Saturday: 7:30pm
6-Saturday: 7:30pm
7-Sunday: 12:45pm
8-Sunday: 3:30pm
9-Sunday: 3:30pm

Obviously modify for pub hols etc, but the current schedule is bloody ridiculous. Lack of regularity and familiarity of time slots and folks will just stay home.

Sick of footy interviews

Non questions like ohh its a good quarter and you guys would want to keep the pressure up. That is not a question

Or barry hall just now , if stkilda kick a few goals they are in the game and the others respond oh yeah thats a great insight

How is one side catching up on the scoreboard being in the game an insight of incredible proportions

Sick of footy interviews

Non questions like ohh its a good quarter and you guys would want to keep the pressure up. That is not a question

Or barry hall just now , if stkilda kick a few goals they are in the game and the others respond oh yeah thats a great insight

How is one side catching up on the scoreboard being in the game an insight of incredible proportions
I don't think I've ever seen an insightful mid-game interview. The questions are loaded, and the answers are always the same - "yeah mate, um, yeah, we need to, um, yeah, just keep possession of the ball. Thanks, mate."

"THERE YOU HAVE IT BOYS, THE SAINTS TO BE PREMIERS IN 2015 - BACK TO YOU, HUDDO".

The morons who do the best players lists on the AFL site. Jeremy McGovern, thrust into the main KPD role midway through the first term in his 14th game has 26 touches and 12 marks and doesn't even make our best. Pretty much universal opinion on our board that he was our BOG.

Commentary worse than every this year (week)
Derwayne, Dermie, BT and Darcy all simply new levels of awful

And I didn't think it was possible for them to get worse

slightly annoyed that i can't watch match replays on the afl website without having to subscribe, it was awesome being able to do that over the last couple of years. just frustrating.

I love Jonno Brown, but he really needs to stop saying 'we' and 'our' when talking about the Brisbane Lions. He's not a player any more, and although everyone will always associate him with the club and know where his allegiances lie, it really takes away from his argument when he's saying 'we really need to get up this year', or 'we've got some nice new recruits', or 'our forward line needs another big name'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back