General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone must have told him he was funny at some stage. Gee the age are crap recruiters of journos. I know there's not much to choose from in that field but this bloke and Caro......Jeessuus!
Caro is actually one of the few that are proper journos that do some work, most of them are just AFL sychophants.

Is it everyone's job on CH7 to state the bleeding obvious? Just watched a replay of the Coll v Rich game on the weekend, and after the Grundy goal at the death Cameron Ling popped up and said "Look at his teammates get around him, they know how big that goal is!"

No f***ing s**t. :rolleyes:

The Fox Footy commentary continue to come across as a bunch of disappointed/delusional dads. Audible tsks and tutt tutting when a player makes a mistake. Then there's the goal kicking advice, 'now what he wants to do here is kick to this spot... ah what's he done, i wouldn't have done that'.

Not so much a grievance now as much as an observation.

I think it was ~2 years ago smack bang in the middle of the supplements scandal where I'd be consistently fuming because some soulless ghoul in the media had yet again attempted to generate clicks/views/readership by sensationalising, or even flat out making errors of fact.

It was disgusting, ambulance chasing behaviour and told me a lot about the people involved.

So I decided to stop reading/watching anything that these assholes were 'selling'. Damian Barrett and Caroline Wilson top of the list - just absolute scum sub-humans.

I haven't seen the Footy Show or Footy Classified for two years now. Haven't read a single Caroline Wilson article (unless someone has done a copy or paste here), or read a single thing that shitsmear worm has written (again, unless posted here).

And I've gotta tell ya, life is substantially better for it.

The bottom line is this; you know more about footy than these scumsuckers ever will. Their opinion SHOULD be next to irrelevant to you. If a media personality is clearly attempting to sensationalise something for the sake of viewership, just don't look....

hqdefault.jpg

My grievance is this ******* kfc ad played 200 times tonight playing that gay woo woo universe song. 3 months free Foxtel is hardly worth this s**t.

That KFC ad shits me to tears. It plays way too often and causes me uncontrollable rage.

So I decided to stop reading/watching anything that these assholes were 'selling'. Damian Barrett and Caroline Wilson top of the list - just absolute scum sub-humans.

I haven't seen the Footy Show or Footy Classified for two years now. Haven't read a single Caroline Wilson article (unless someone has done a copy or paste here), or read a single thing that shitsmear worm has written (again, unless posted here).

Just an update of what you've been missing mate - they pretty much nailed it :thumbsu:

Just an update of what you've been missing mate - they pretty much nailed it :thumbsu:

Oh totally - except not at all. Wilson in particular was frequently factually incorrect.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-c...llow-peril-jumper-spruik-20160419-goa7gq.html

I'm sorry, but if and when The Age make their cuts can this guy be one of the first to go. He is making a big deal over nothing where the yellow peril guernsey has been known by its name forever and WCE fans, even the ones that should be offended, love the name. Unless you actually look it up not many people would actually know what the term refers to. His only evidence of it causing offence is a few facebook comments from people who like to victimise themselves and some guy making a comment who wouldn't know a joke if it hit him in the face.

RANT OVER

I hadn't even heard of yellow peril being used in a racist way. Now I have.

#offended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson is one of the best journalists within the AFL landscape - she isn't afraid to rebel against the many boys clubs that make up our sport and piss in the pockets of administrations or take their bullshit as gospel.

The general effort by the media to shift blame from Essendon onto ASADA, especially CH7 (with a vested interest in keeping a club afloat mind you) was the truly disgusting part of this whole saga.

Essendon fans whining because she didn't buy the "stand by Hird" narrative is laughable. She is one of the very few left who actually researches her topic before writing about it.

Caroline Wilson is one of the best journalists within the AFL landscape - she isn't afraid to rebel against the many boys clubs that make up our sport and piss in the pockets of administrations or take their bullshit as gospel.

The general effort by the media to shift blame from Essendon onto ASADA, especially CH7 (with a vested interest in keeping a club afloat mind you) was the truly disgusting part of this whole saga.

Essendon fans whining because she didn't buy the "stand by Hird" narrative is laughable. She is one of the very few left who actually researches her topic before writing about it.

She's also one of the few to consistently make errors of fact in this debacle.

Uninformed, jaded arsehole. Calling her a journalist is an insult to actual journalists.

Could you provide evidence of this?

Sure I can.

- Her claim that Hird had been sacked
- Her erroneous and TWICE corrected Mexican drug story
- Her assertion regarding prosecution of AOD-9604

I could go on with a bit of time and effort, but you get the point. Applauding her efforts in this saga is to applaud a professionally inept person.

Sure I can.

- Her claim that Hird had been sacked
- Her erroneous and TWICE corrected Mexican drug story
- Her assertion regarding prosecution of AOD-9604

I could go on with a bit of time and effort, but you get the point. Applauding her efforts in this saga is to applaud a professionally inept person.

Fair enough. Not everyone can be Robbo or Timmy Watson.

Cant stand the way boundary riders are so quick to tell players how many disposals they had when they do a post match interview as if they were dying to know their individual stats

There was a really contentious deliberate out of bounds midway through the last quarter when Essendon still had a glimmer of hope. I really wanted to see a replay / what the commentators thoughts were.

Instead they didn't even show the umpire paying deliberate and it cut a camera focused on the commentary box with the guys laughing about something for 10 seconds. No replay, no explanation of the decision.

What a disgrace channel 7 are.

Also, following on from my last post, Why is it that whenever an obvious decision is paid the commentators go on and carry on about for 15 minutes and say "The umpire made the right decision" , like they're experts, yet when its a really controversial decision that I want to see a replay/explanation of its dead air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back