General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Pettiness isn't the music of Tom Petty, it's Kevin Bartlett ridiculing the Magpies newly designed emblem. : 'which AFL team has achieved more wooden spoons - Freo or Collingwood?' Here's a promise: If he doesn't quit with the hate, I'm going to destroy his statue.

....and you call KB petty!

Seriously, You would resort to wilfull damage because someone had a go at your team? You need to get a grip on reality.

Tipping you did and have since, had a fair few descriptive views of my Lions when we beat your team in those GF's. Works both ways.

It really isn't worth getting so worked up .... none of us like others having a go at our team, but we get over it and move on.

I think you should too.....you'll end up with an ulcer!;)

Jerry Maguire. There's a scene where the kid gets knocked out, and his family are at home watching it on TV, and they don't know whether their kid is alive or dead, and the network cuts to commercial, leaving the family petrified and in the dark. Channel 7 pulled the same stunt on the Crocker family last Friday night. Ben took an almighty hit in the last quarter, leaving him lying prostrate on the Adelaide grass. That was the last 7 showed of him. For all I know he's still lying there.

The Crocker hit provided Stephenson a free kick with which he threaded his 5th goal from the boundary. Channel 7 completely missed the goal, instead showing a replay of a previous highlight. After the game, 7 cut short their coverage of Buckley's presser, giving us instead another 2 minutes of Lingy & Duck goofing off. The next day I watched Tim Worners presser, where he said 'we're looking forward to giving cricket the 7 treatment'. And if that's not the kiss of death, I don't know what is.

David King on AFL360. He mused that the bottom teams are bottom teams because their captains aren't up to the task. Pendlebury was one of them. It was fun to watch the other two idiots back away from the desk when King launched into his diatribe. They wanted nothing to do with it. Mike Sheahan sunk the boots into Pendles this week as well. I guess when coach-bashing becomes unfashionable, you move on to the captain. And when you're through with him, I guess you move on to the vice captain. On his podcast, Sheahan did a lot of Collingwood hating, but this might be just sour grapes because he was in the midst of a defamation suit from McGuire. If you haven't heard Sheahan's public apology to McGuire on SEN, I highly recommend it.

Kane Cornes on SEN prior to round 1: 'Collingwood won't win their first 6 games and their coach will be sacked'. After the Pies win over the Blues he modified his hypothetical. And I'm sure this week he's modifying it even further. The fact that he deals in hypotheticals suggests that he has little knowledge of football. SEN promotes him as 'one of the most provocative names in football'. Since when is 'provocateur' something to be? It's shameful. Why doesn't SEN just call him 'one of the biggest assholes in football'.

How about Kevin Bartlett rewriting history with this gem: 'The Pies haven't been in the finals for 6 or 7 years'.

Kudos to Jordan De Goey for not letting Corey Norris distract him from the task at hand. Corey, as we all know, get his thrills chasing kids through an airport, but Jordy maintained his focus and played a great game. Jen Phelan put Jordy through the same hell outside the Holden Center a few weeks ago. It's my understanding that Corey and Jen are an item. Not so much an item, more like friends with benefits. They've been spotted together at sexyland buying vibrating microphones. Pretty kinky. So kinky in fact that they have a safety word. Whenever they exceed their pain threshold, and they feel dirty, abused and exploited, they call out 'De Goey'. Then they take a shower, and hose off the microphones.

I know I shouldn't go off topic, but this needs to be said:
Rita Panahi on 3AW on Sunday morning. She's the only person who's had the courage to suggest that the Syrian chemical attacks are fake news. Nothing but a planted story to give the US an excuse to force regime change in that country. God bless her.

I only turned on tonight's game with 10 mins left in the last quarter

The three commentators Ling, Darcy and Ham have not yet called any play, rather just talked about how big Richmond are, reminding us how they were s**t, how they are now a big club, with lots of fans, and then they will say it all again

The Ling will tell us for the 3rd time within 3 mins that Melbourne need to stand up and show some spirit and not get completely smashed

They haven't called any aspect of the game for an entire 5 mins

Port Power's sponsor Channel 7 pays girl for Powell-Pepper story. Might be time for a new sponsor. Who would have thought a company so noble and upstanding as channel 7 would turn on its own club?

Top 4 fave media quotes this week:

'Higgins won't remember the day his first child was born' - Brian 'callous bastard' Taylor.

'By winning the last 3 games, Buckley has made a rod for his own back. If he doesn't make the finals from here, they'll sack him' - Kevin 'vindictive hateful prick' Bartlett.

'I guess you'll be asking for a contract extension now' - Timmy 'i'll ask any moronic question my producer whispers in my ear' Watson's closing question to the Pies coach after the Anzac Day win.

'I'm glad the Pies are playing well now, so I don't have to write off their coach every week' - Caroline 'I really do have a heart' Wilson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to hear last night on the radio and then 'On The Couch' Gerard Healy incorrectly say Essendon bounced back to play good footy a few weeks ago against the Bulldogs.

The grin that Sam McClure gets on face when he talks about some non footy related story really bugs me. It’s like he genuinely knows no one cares but has to pretend it’s a ‘massive story’ to justify his existence.

Jerry Maguire. There's a scene where the kid gets knocked out, and his family are at home watching it on TV, and they don't know whether their kid is alive or dead, and the network cuts to commercial, leaving the family petrified and in the dark. Channel 7 pulled the same stunt on the Crocker family last Friday night. Ben took an almighty hit in the last quarter, leaving him lying prostrate on the Adelaide grass. That was the last 7 showed of him. For all I know he's still lying there.

The Crocker hit provided Stephenson a free kick with which he threaded his 5th goal from the boundary. Channel 7 completely missed the goal, instead showing a replay of a previous highlight. After the game, 7 cut short their coverage of Buckley's presser, giving us instead another 2 minutes of Lingy & Duck goofing off. The next day I watched Tim Worners presser, where he said 'we're looking forward to giving cricket the 7 treatment'. And if that's not the kiss of death, I don't know what is.

David King on AFL360. He mused that the bottom teams are bottom teams because their captains aren't up to the task. Pendlebury was one of them. It was fun to watch the other two idiots back away from the desk when King launched into his diatribe. They wanted nothing to do with it. Mike Sheahan sunk the boots into Pendles this week as well. I guess when coach-bashing becomes unfashionable, you move on to the captain. And when you're through with him, I guess you move on to the vice captain. On his podcast, Sheahan did a lot of Collingwood hating, but this might be just sour grapes because he was in the midst of a defamation suit from McGuire. If you haven't heard Sheahan's public apology to McGuire on SEN, I highly recommend it.

Kane Cornes on SEN prior to round 1: 'Collingwood won't win their first 6 games and their coach will be sacked'. After the Pies win over the Blues he modified his hypothetical. And I'm sure this week he's modifying it even further. The fact that he deals in hypotheticals suggests that he has little knowledge of football. SEN promotes him as 'one of the most provocative names in football'. Since when is 'provocateur' something to be? It's shameful. Why doesn't SEN just call him 'one of the biggest assholes in football'.

How about Kevin Bartlett rewriting history with this gem: 'The Pies haven't been in the finals for 6 or 7 years'.

Kudos to Jordan De Goey for not letting Corey Norris distract him from the task at hand. Corey, as we all know, get his thrills chasing kids through an airport, but Jordy maintained his focus and played a great game. Jen Phelan put Jordy through the same hell outside the Holden Center a few weeks ago. It's my understanding that Corey and Jen are an item. Not so much an item, more like friends with benefits. They've been spotted together at sexyland buying vibrating microphones. Pretty kinky. So kinky in fact that they have a safety word. Whenever they exceed their pain threshold, and they feel dirty, abused and exploited, they call out 'De Goey'. Then they take a shower, and hose off the microphones.

I know I shouldn't go off topic, but this needs to be said:
Rita Panahi on 3AW on Sunday morning. She's the only person who's had the courage to suggest that the Syrian chemical attacks are fake news. Nothing but a planted story to give the US an excuse to force regime change in that country. God bless her.
too much information.. crap on dude..

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
DdtmFzYU8AAAQ6M.jpg

Anyone else annoyed that Brian Taylor completely undersold the potential mark of the year on Sunday? The bloke can be a buffoon and go nuts over some pretty average stuff, then Cameron takes a screamer and he let's it slide like any run-of-the-mill contested mark.

Could Giants be making the big trip to China? - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-22/could-giants-be-making-the-big-trip-to-china

This article is absurd. All the quoted answers say no but the conclusion is yes. If yiu think there's any doubt it was every a possibility then

Should dispel it, it was liked by the Giants twitter account and Tony Shepherd tweeted in reply.

Best argument for robo-journalism I've ever seen.

Rant over

Commentators should be banned from saying "...as much as he would have liked", "...as good as he would like", etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back