General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly it though.
In the media's eyes you are either flying or your sh*t.
Not too many 'middle grounders'.....
Well there is Richmond but, nobody really gives a crap about them
Port Adelaide... Really battling the tigers as the perennial nothing side.

Every time some Muppet in the media starts gooing over the Dees I just remember the time Michael Voss heralded the 2010 demons side as the next superpower of the competition.

Never forget.

The day we beat the swans by about 15 goals I thought we were destined for greatness. Never would have seen the next few years coming

Im loving our drafting under this regime. Salem, Bray, Trac, Hunt, Weid, Oliver, ANB, Stretch, Weid, Hogan etc these kids are all footballers who we need to train into athletes like the old days. We arent drafting people based on their impressive beep test or vertical leap. We are getting them because they can win the pill and give it to someone else which is still and will always be the most important part of footy
What about Weid?

Hello Dees.
I think you and the GWS are the sleeping giants of the comp now. Seriously good depth and young talent. *well, we all can see GWS are going to be awesome, but I think you have a bloody handy list now too.

Disapointed and sad for Jack, awful pressure to be taken number one. I feel for him.

FFS can you win a flag before Nath Jones retires, srs love that bloke, for years and years he was the only one I reckon that gave his all and ALWAYS had a game face on. He is an inspiration to me and your team. I can't think of anything better than rewarding that man with a flag.

/rant

Good luck. (but not at the expense of WCE!) :rainbow::footy:

Anyone heard anything about any possibilities for a new back of jumper sponsor for us? Surely Jacko will have this tidied up before the season opener and our form and the hype has to be helping, however it is still a little worrying that it's still not done

I'd imagine a lot of thing are going on behind the scenes, I wouldn't worry too much. If we could get sponsors when we were garbage we could definitely secure them now.

Anyone heard anything about any possibilities for a new back of jumper sponsor for us? Surely Jacko will have this tidied up before the season opener and our form and the hype has to be helping, however it is still a little worrying that it's still not done
Mt hotham may need some advertising this year. Most demon supporters will be at the games this year watching us play amazing football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking the same thing earlier actually, it's starting to become a concern, but hopefully it's all locked up and we're just waiting to announce it in the lead up to Round1, make sure it stands out more

Every time some Muppet in the media starts gooing over the Dees I just remember the time Michael Voss heralded the 2010 demons side as the next superpower of the competition.

Never forget.
The day we beat the swans by about 15 goals I thought we were destined for greatness. Never would have seen the next few years coming

The difference between us now and back then, was our older guys had career best seasons. Green,Jamar, Bruce, McDonald and it made the kids look better than what they were. Plus I really believe if we didn't get ahead of ourselves and push the older guys out at that time we would have been fine
Now if you go through the list the best players are going to be 25 and under.

Sounds like KB is trying to set us up to fail. He loves to make big hype calls then tear them down with his cronies when the first chink in the armour appears
100% what he does.
Deflection at it's best as for 2 minutes the world is not talking about how sh*thouse Richmond are

I'm getting excited about how excited everyone else is getting. The round 1 melt thread is going to be glorious.
Exactly this. I don't listen to SEN anymore because I can't stand pretty much anyone who's on it and the constant talk of changing the rules every day, but I can imagine after the way we played against the witches hats on Saturday (and beating the premiers) for a grand total of 0 points the hype that is being built. All roads lead to an absolute calamity. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like I've read this script before.

To be honest it does feel different this time but I'm terrified when someone like KB starts pumping up our tyres

Exactly this. I don't listen to SEN anymore because I can't stand pretty much anyone who's on it and the constant talk of changing the rules every day, but I can imagine after the way we played against the witches hats on Saturday (and beating the premiers) for a grand total of 0 points the hype that is being built. All roads lead to an absolute calamity. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like I've read this script before.

To be honest it does feel different this time but I'm terrified when someone like KB starts pumping up our tyres
Anyone who talks footy on KBs show is an absolute dribbler.

Turfy isn't bad but you're right he does have some monga's on.
Greg Veeeenom Denhem and Jon Ralph battle
Yeah Turfy is good, but he hardly talks footy at all. If he does its all pretty general. He certainly doesn't try any hard hitting stuff.

Turfy isn't bad but you're right he does have some monga's on.
Greg Veeeenom Denhem and Jon Ralph battle
at least sacked Patrick 'Flog' Smith

at least sacked Patrick 'Flog' Smith
Yeah he stunk.
Although I do think he was in a similar mould to KB in that he trolled and if you were in the right mood he could actually be quite amusing.
Sucked people in flat out.
Yeah Turfy is good, but he hardly talks footy at all. If he does its all pretty general. He certainly doesn't try any hard hitting stuff.
True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back