General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=197866

Interesting interview

Melksham reveals that Goodwin mentioned at half-time the past two weeks that we need to start putting teams to the sword as we haven't been able to do that in the past.

Good to see we’ve learned a lot from dropping soft second half goals v Essendon. Everyone was whinging about percentage then and now we have the third highest percentage in the comp. good things start with wins - even if we concede a 42 point advantage v Brisbane or whatever

Any thoughts on Tom Morris reporting that if Gaff leaves we're the front runners?
Don't know where the information is coming from other then Tom Morris with his Melbourne connections knowing that Gaff supported Melbourne as a kid?

Any thoughts on Tom Morris reporting that if Gaff leaves we're the front runners?
Don't know where the information is coming from other then Tom Morris with his Melbourne connections knowing that Gaff supported Melbourne as a kid?
Can he just nominate us? Do we have to give up anything for him to the Eagles if he left? Because if we have to give something up for him, I think we'd be pushing you know what uphill as the Crows have taken all we have for Lever. Would love him on our list..

I haven’t really got much. Good source says we have spoken to 5 players, all good names, none in Victoria at the moment and all are interested to some point.
Apparently we have always spoken to a lot of players early on in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still waiting for childhood supporters Judd and Pendles to come to Melbourne

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW jay Clark also has us as front runners and having heard a gaff interview the other day he left the door ajar.

How are we planning to get Gaff across, though? He's a restricted free agent which means if WC match our offer then we either have to pony up more money (something ridiculous that WC wouldn't match) or to look for a trade. We don't have any draft picks to work with, so we'd need to trade a player, and I can't think of any players we'd be willing to give up that West Coast would be interested in. The alternative would be to pay him $1.2 million a year which would also seem to be a bit excessive given all the young players we'd need to re-sign in the coming years.

So what's the plan here, do you think?

How are we planning to get Gaff across, though? He's a restricted free agent which means if WC match our offer then we either have to pony up more money (something ridiculous that WC wouldn't match) or to look for a trade. We don't have any draft picks to work with, so we'd need to trade a player, and I can't think of any players we'd be willing to give up that West Coast would be interested in. The alternative would be to pay him $1.2 million a year which would also seem to be a bit excessive given all the young players we'd need to re-sign in the coming years.

So what's the plan here, do you think?
Nobody has matched a bid yet. You'd think WCE would be happy with the teen pick compo, given Gaff is eight years in.

Admittedly, I don't watch much of west coast. Is Gaff really that good? And who's position does he take out of the current squad?

I'd much prefer to give TMac the extra dollars and keep our young guns together

He replaces Lewis on the wing.

Nobody has matched a bid yet. You'd think WCE would be happy with the teen pick compo, given Gaff is eight years in.

I think this is a bit of wishful thinking. I'd say that they would either match, or inform us of their intention to match unless we traded with them, ala Danger.

I think this is a bit of wishful thinking. I'd say that they would either match, or inform us of their intention to match unless we traded with them, ala Danger.
What's Gaff worth on the open market though? Pick 10-15ish?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

Most teams in the mid 2500s for distance covered, us, Collingwood and GWS over 2600. Interesting that Nibbler is smashing it for covering the field, just needs to get his hand on the pill more. More interesting that Hogan has the third highest top speed on our list, and would be highest at some clubs.
Majak Daw is the fastest player in the league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

Most teams in the mid 2500s for distance covered, us, Collingwood and GWS over 2600. Interesting that Nibbler is smashing it for covering the field, just needs to get his hand on the pill more. More interesting that Hogan has the third highest top speed on our list, and would be highest at some clubs.

My ass Hogan could match Hunt in any distance with speed. Unless it's average speed over a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back