General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JV is part of the issue, he looks underdone and is missing his trademark power off the mark.

Jonesy was pretty poor yesterday, I think he's a great lead by example player but I think we need some players to stand up as match day leaders.

Clearly we don't have the players at the moment who can turn us around quickly on field.
Importantly, both are midfielders where you need first response. Our midfield is still shallow at the top end after Oliver and Viney. Can look awesome at times, but gets bullied by big mature midfield groups on other occasions. Sydney, North (prior years), Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond. Not ideal when we aren’t a defensive side.

I have the others above us due to experience later in the season. I also think on the evidence of the season the pies are better than us. Shown more against better sides.

I agree with this - Pies clearly better than us - and that's ok, we still have alot of development, Hawks and arguably Port as well (we will see next week)

Our young players will need to step up.
Yeah it’s a funny one. If Trac, Oliver, Hogan, Brayshaw, and Lever (rip) all clicked on the same day we’d be a decent side, but obviously inconsistency means we get maybe two of them having a good day at any given time.

Oh look people already thinking the Pert hiring is dodgy. I tell you what if we put Mahoney in the role they would all say he’s too inexperienced. We couldn’t really win unless we jagged Brian Cook or someone like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ceebs checking if you guys have discussed/laughted at this yet. Jack Watts, Jack Trengove and Jimmy Toumpas all playing SANFL this weekend. Guess all those cocky Port fans were wrong, total shock right?!
+ Dom Barry

Ceebs checking if you guys have discussed/laughted at this yet. Jack Watts, Jack Trengove and Jimmy Toumpas all playing SANFL this weekend. Guess all those cocky Port fans were wrong, total shock right?!

Honestly I'd be over the moon if Trengove could get back and play good footy at AFL level for them, but the other two are no good.

Third major incident at a Pies game this year

Kulcha
It's actually better for society when they're playing like s**t.
Was going to say, nothing good ever comes of Collingwood winning. Much better when the fair weather supporters stay away.

That said, I'd like to think Eddie would come out and address the behaviour for a club stand point. Collingwood itself seems rather quiet.

Are we overly harsh on our club or are we more realistic than most supporters? I read a lot of oppo boards and along with probably the Pies and Port we seem to be the most critical of our own club.
It's probably because we can't feel like we can fully trust the club. Most melbourne people feel like Melbourne is going to Melbourne it up at some point

Are we overly harsh on our club or are we more realistic than most supporters? I read a lot of oppo boards and along with probably the Pies and Port we seem to be the most critical of our own club.
Bit of both. I honestly think we have been down for so long, and so so far down, that we’ve forgotten how to do positivity.

Bit of both. I honestly think we have been down for so long, and so so far down, that we’ve forgotten how to do positivity.

It doesn't help that everytime for a decade we have gotten a little bit confident we have come crashing down in the most brutal of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back