Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Weids for TMc.

I’m backing Nev to play. He’s backed up after worse than this. I reckon he hates missing games.
He gets slightly, and unnervingly, injured virtually every game. Not sure how, but I’ve had so many scares watching him limp off to the rooms it’s not funny. He seems tough as old rubber though. I hope he plays.

We will struggle to beat St Kilda if TMac and Jetta miss. I know they're a shite team, but our depth is weak in every area but inside midfield.

He gets slightly, and unnervingly, injured virtually every game. Not sure how, but I’ve had so many scares watching him limp off to the rooms it’s not funny. He seems tough as old rubber though. I hope he plays.

Easily one of our toughest.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
We will struggle to beat St Kilda if TMac and Jetta miss. I know they're a shite team, but our depth is weak in every area but inside midfield.
Personally I reckon Casey would beat them.

I can't wait. It'll be brutal.

Personally I reckon Casey would beat them.

I can't wait. It'll be brutal.
Yep. St Kilda are woeful and after the last two weeks our boys are going to be baying for blood. They play the MCG even worse than we do, too. I'm not worried.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Luckily we have the long break as the port game was pretty brutal. Interesting to see if Tmac gets up. The reports so far saying scans were precautionary and we’ll know more tomorrow. Not sure why it’s going to take so long. Coughing up blood not a great sign though. Reckon he’d be more doubtful than Jetta who you’d assume will play.

We really should fill our boots the next 3 games and the suns game if we’re fair dinkum. Play like we did against port and surely we win.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Luckily we have the long break as the port game was pretty brutal. Interesting to see if Tmac gets up. The reports so far saying scans were precautionary and we’ll know more tomorrow. Not sure why it’s going to take so long. Coughing up blood not a great sign though. Reckon he’d be more doubtful than Jetta who you’d assume will play.

We really should fill our boots the next 3 games and the suns game if we’re fair dinkum. Play like we did against port and surely we win.

Jack Riewoldt bumped a bloke against WA and was coughing up blood on the flight home. Was fine to play the next game.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I feel like Trac is being treated by the media the same way Mo Hope was. They decided he had the look and the story to be a star before it was demonstrated as more than a flash. Now they are pumping up two very average players and looking like idiots.

Underrated game from Hannan on the weekend. Not alot of love but I thought he ran an worked his oort off.

Also Harmes had a couple moments where he absolutely bitched some opponents with pure strength. Still remarkably inconsistent but if he develops right will be a very damaging player.
Harmes’ Biggest issue is a tough one to fix though - he’s a very, very unreliable kick.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Winning the next three games is non-negotiable. All year we've beaten the teams we should beat, and it must continue.

Yep, we drop one of these and we won't make finals. We had to beat either Port or Magpies to give us a little breathing room. Hawks and Kangas have a very favourable draw and looking at the other teams draw vying for a spot in the 8, we have a very tricky run home. It will be tight. Will be a massive choke and hugely disappointing result if we miss again. I did one of those ladder predictor things, and I had us finishing 9th. So we have to win every game we should, and steal one of Sydney, GWS or WCE(away) to make the 8 IMO. Which is possible, but we have a very poor record against the better sides and if we drop one game to a lower side, then we are pretty much screwed. The last round match again will be huge I reckon. Massive disappointment if we put ourselves in that situation again.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Weids for TMc.

I’m backing Nev to play. He’s backed up after worse than this. I reckon he hates missing games.
I hope he misses. Player welfare seems to be the last consideration. He’s had a history of concussions. Should be forced to have a week off, as should Salem and Smith. Everyone talks about CTE but when push comes to shove it’s ‘no, we really need you this week’. When don’t we need our best side?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I hope he misses. Player welfare seems to be the last consideration. He’s had a history of concussions. Should be forced to have a week off, as should Salem and Smith. Everyone talks about CTE but when push comes to shove it’s ‘no, we really need you this week’. When don’t we need our best side?

Because there isn't any proof it helps mate. Non medical professionals suggesting he misses a week. If the medical people at the club clear him that's good enough.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because there isn't any proof it helps mate. Non medical professionals suggesting he misses a week. If the medical people at the club clear him that's good enough.
That’s bullshit TK. The medical people have hopeless conflicts of interest. And there is a stack of evidence that secondary concussions have severe consequences. The players Association should be lobbying for a mandatory week off after a head knock that leaves a player dazed or staggering, regardless of how the player performs in a concussion test. They are derelict in their duty if they don’t.

ffe67ac52b517baaf290233e98675009.gif

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unrelated, but feels like an age since we were on that 6 game winning streak. Loss to Collingwood before the bye, loss the Port, then a 9 day break before we play the saints.

Winds gone out of the sails a little for me tbh, really just need another 4 points to get going again.

Unrelated, but feels like an age since we were on that 6 game winning streak. Loss to Collingwood before the bye, loss the Port, then a 9 day break before we play the saints.

Winds gone out of the sails a little for me tbh, really just need another 4 points to get going again.
will be our first MCG win in a while too, and just our second since R3

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Isn't it funny how Adelaide are copping all the heat for pre season camps when our players pulled out of it and there's been nothing said. I bet nobody expected that in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back