General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep - 2013 was the bad one. 2 wins with a percentage of 54%, and that was with both GWS and GC in the comp.
Yeah but if Carlton had Mark Neeld as their coach they would have a percentage of 23

If Carlton don't win another game, they'll be worse than out 2013 season.

That said, whenever someone performs consistently bad everyone throws the Fitzroy tag a them. The suns where copping it a couple of weeks ago
Not sure I agree. Whilst there are similarities, there is at least reason to be optimistic with the carlton list. There is a lot of dead wood mind you, but there is the nucleus of fast improvement of they get their injured players back. What did we have in 2013 to look forward to? Hogan who hadn't played a game, and viney. Outside of that, it was very slim pickings. At least carlton have half dozen of the best young players running around.

Not the most memorable pissing contest to have, either way.

If he keeps up this form he surely has to be all Australian as well as in Brownlow discussions
Third favourite and paying $7 with TAB. 4th favourite and paying $9 with Sportsbet

If you threw 2018 Carlton into the 2013 competition, I reckon they'd be hard pressed to win a game. James Magner would be a walk up start for the present day Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the topic of Max, the last 15 seconds of this:

Franklin's work was surprisingly good. Casting my mind back though, I was told his nickname for himself was the "triple figure nagger"... or words almost exactly to that effect.

Unsure if we're able to hang onto just the 1 or whether they're a package deal but I'm ok with the Alice game.
Darwin can GAGF. Sh*t footy and normally against a side we'd have a big advantage against at the G.
I know we've not been great at home this year but Freo hate the G and we'd have beaten them by 20 goals

Unsure if we're able to hang onto just the 1 or whether they're a package deal but I'm ok with the Alice game.
Darwin can GAGF. Sh*t footy and normally against a side we'd have a big advantage against at the G.
I know we've not been great at home this year but Freo hate the G and we'd have beaten them by 20 goals
We should request to play Geelong in Darwin.

We should request to play Geelong in Darwin.
I'd be fine with that but generally speaking, the Darwin game looks like s**t, brings it back to a wet weather slog but with the humidity and heat of a pre season game out the back of Port Douglas and leaves us as flat as a s**t carters hat the following week.

I'd be fine with that but generally speaking, the Darwin game looks like s**t, brings it back to a wet weather slog but with the humidity and heat of a pre season game out the back of Port Douglas and leaves us as flat as a s**t carters hat the following week.
I Harv a laugh at the commentators suggesting that it wasn’t actually slippery, just humid ... clearly none of them have never played a game up there ... the ball doesnt get slippery from the demon the ground like your average night game, it’s from the sweaty bodies of the players all over it. The ball gets genuinely water logged from it.

On topic tho, I’d be ok with playing 1 game a year, and alternating between Alice and Darwin, as long as we get the bye after the Darwin games.

I Harv a laugh at the commentators suggesting that it wasn’t actually slippery, just humid ... clearly none of them have never played a game up there ... the ball doesnt get slippery from the demon the ground like your average night game, it’s from the sweaty bodies of the players all over it. The ball gets genuinely water logged from it.

On topic tho, I’d be ok with playing 1 game a year, and alternating between Alice and Darwin, as long as we get the bye after the Darwin games.
Yeah Healy and that brainless twat Brereton were pretty painful to listen to Sat night.

Do they understand what humidity is?

RON BARRASSI GUERNSEY

Please excuse my intrusion and feel free to direct my post to a more suitable forum if need be.

I have a friend up here in the Northern Rivers who for years has had a framed signed Ron Barrassi guernsey up on his lounge room wall.
An old Guernsey with a collar on it.

Could anyone please give me an approximate value of what it is worth ? ( He is not a footy fan and possibly would sell it....don't know where he got it from)

I have photos of it but struggle to upload on this forum on my desktop.( More me than the computer)

Thanks

At least carlton have half dozen of the best young players running around.
Cripps I will give you. Maybe the younger Curnow. I'm struggling after that to fit 6 players into the 'best young players running around.' Marchbank is handy but nowhere near that category.

Cripps is also 23. Just starting to not really be considered a 'young player' any more I'd suggest as well.

Docherty is there I suppose. He's 25 and is no guarantee to get back to what he was after that injury. The jury is out on players like Silvagni and Weitering (he can barely get a game but I do think he's decent). Lamb is OK I guess but he's 26.

The rest of the young players they have are really either too young to tell yet, or really not that standout special IMO.

I actually worry about Carlton's future. Every press conference all you hear is 'oh we'll be right, we have Cripps and Curnow.' That staggers me.

Murphy (31), Kruezer (30 next year if you can believe that!), Simpson (34), Thomas (32) and Rowe (31) are all pretty important to them and as you can see will all be gone in a year or two. Then what do they do? Like Simmo would be in their bests just about every week, as would Kruezer and Thomas has been pretty decent this year too.

I predict quite a few more bad seasons for them before it magically turns around. They have a fair bit of replacing to do.

It's a fair call to compare them to when we were really really bad. Watching them is like watching us back then. But that was us 5 years ago! If they go another 5 years and still aren't making finals (like us), i'd suggest they'd have gone through another 2 coaches and the place would be toxic.

If you threw 2018 Carlton into the 2013 competition, I reckon they'd be hard pressed to win a game. James Magner would be a walk up start for the present day Blues.
The only reason Magner isn't a walk-up start for nearly any team short of a ball extracting inside mid is that he had a melt when we delisted him. We played him dramatically out of position. He was a bloody good inside mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back