General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said the same thing ... Dees supporters are apparently arrogant and think we're certainties this year, and its all coming from these bloody articles that we absolutely hate!

Can't get ahead of ourselves if there aren't 30 hype articles to precede it.

we only used 78 interchanges tonight. don't know what to make of that, but it seems a bit strange on the back of the Darwin game to not use them all.
Whoa, cap is still 90 yeah?

we only used 78 interchanges tonight. don't know what to make of that, but it seems a bit strange on the back of the Darwin game to not use them all.
It might have had something to do with giving players longer breaks rather than more breaks ... but it certainly does strike as odd, particularly after playing in Darwin the week before. I guess it bodes well that we didn't drop off at all as the game went on.

I said the same thing ... Dees supporters are apparently arrogant and think we're certainties this year, and its all coming from these bloody articles that we absolutely hate!
We're the worst supporters in the league apparently, celebrating our flat track bully wins like we've won the premiership!

Not sure about anyone else I'd be ******* ecstatic just making the finals this year after the utter dross I've sat through since 2006. Going from a 3 win team for a decade to actually playing some watchable football is not worth being happy about though. I'll just quietly sit in my seat and not say a word til we beat someone who "counts" or win a final :$

We're the worst supporters in the league apparently, celebrating our flat track bully wins like we've won the premiership!

Not sure about anyone else I'd be ******* ecstatic just making the finals this year after the utter dross I've sat through since 2006. Going from a 3 win team for a decade to actually playing some watchable football is not worth being happy about though. I'll just quietly sit in my seat and not say a word til we beat someone who "counts" or win a final :$
Yeah I read something about celebrating the win too much given their injuries and ladder position ... pretty ironic from supporters whose team sung their song twice a few months back ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing the ladder predictor, I think it's unlikely we'll miss finals now. Not because we're any good, but because other results are continuously going our way. Like there's every chance we limp in on 13 wins, or even 12 because of our percentage. Of course we want to keep winning and push for top 6 or top 4 if possible, but I reckon we'd have to lose 5 of our remaining 6 games to miss out entirely from here - which of course is very possible, for this team. Have to win the next three at least if we want to take ourselves seriously.

I know it sounds silly but I'm excited for the last 6 games. Suns game aside they are all 50/50 or worse, so at least if we make the finals it'll be off the back of some damn good wins. 12 wins is probably likely to get us in with our percentage but still no guarantee, I do think 13 wins will see us safe in the 8 and maybe even get a home final.

I know it sounds silly but I'm excited for the last 6 games. Suns game aside they are all 50/50 or worse, so at least if we make the finals it'll be off the back of some damn good wins. 12 wins is probably likely to get us in with our percentage but still no guarantee, I do think 13 wins will see us safe in the 8 and maybe even get a home final.
If we beat Sydney and West Coast we'll have earned our place. Would love to finish top 4 more for a chance to play Richmond than anything else. I'm in the same boat as you, would rather see us playing 50/50 games and genuinely getting tested than banking easy wins against crap sides (other than the Saints game where we just didn't turn up).

equal first with a round 1 win vs cats.

Our run homes bloody tough but I think we can get to the 13 win mark, either way i'll probably be tearing my hair out homer simpson style come round 23 one way or the other!

Sorry A2G, schmutt looks like to have beaten you on that front.

I hate it but Collingwood look much more suited to winning games in 2018 than us. I'd argue talent wise we are even but they have players far more capable of doing damage the way the game is played now.
I dunno, like i said last week, they hadn't beaten anyone in the top 10 except us and now they've lost to west coast at home. They have North next week, then Sydney in Sydney and Richmond after that. I don't reckon any of those are gimmes. They have Brisbane and Freo (away) as their only two bankables, which should see them through, but only because they won 1 more of their easy ones than us (I choose the St Kilda game). Other than that, they've pretty much beaten the same sides we have and lost to the same sides we have.

I dunno, like i said last week, they hadn't beaten anyone in the top 10 except us and now they've lost to west coast at home. They have North next week, then Sydney in Sydney and Richmond after that. I don't reckon any of those are gimmes. They have Brisbane and Freo (away) as their only two bankables, which should see them through, but only because they won 1 more of their easy ones than us (I choose the St Kilda game). Other than that, they've pretty much beaten the same sides we have and lost to the same sides we have.

They were missing Treloar Dunn Reid Cox Elliot Fasolo Aish Goldsack Broomhead Wells.

Don't think we would do aswell in the circumstance

Unsure how I feel about this season.
Is great to really thump the sides we should be beating but incredibly frustrating that we've not been able to knock off a good side this year other than perhaps North early on.
The Saints game might prove the one that hurts the most.
On 10 wins and with 6 games left, I see 1 more definite win against GC and that's it.
13 wins this year still might not get us in and that means winning 2 of the Cats, Crows, Swans, Eagles and Giants games.
% holds us in good stead but realistically, if we can't snatch at least 2 of those 5 against sides all in or around the 8 then we may as well not make it.
You just know it's going to come down to our round 23 game against GWS and I'd feel better about it being played at Etihad.
12-13 wins and missing finals would be tough to cop but depending on how we play out the next 6 games I'm unsure if I'd consider the year a failure or not.

Unsure how I feel about this season.
Is great to really thump the sides we should be beating but incredibly frustrating that we've not been able to knock off a good side this year other than perhaps North early on.
The Saints game might prove the one that hurts the most.
On 10 wins and with 6 games left, I see 1 more definite win against GC and that's it.
13 wins this year still might not get us in and that means winning 2 of the Cats, Crows, Swans, Eagles and Giants games.
% holds us in good stead but realistically, if we can't snatch at least 2 of those 5 against sides all in or around the 8 then we may as well not make it.
You just know it's going to come down to our round 23 game against GWS and I'd feel better about it being played at Etihad.
12-13 wins and missing finals would be tough to cop but depending on how we play out the next 6 games I'm unsure if I'd consider the year a failure or not.

13 wins and our percentage will get us in....i quickly did the ladder predictor and i had Giants 9th on 12.5 wins (granted i just tipped favorites didn't spend to much time analyzing match ups).

Spot on we have to beat 2 of crows, cats, swans, eagles and giants. If we win this week i'm super confident we make finals.

We want the giants, north, cats and hawks to keep losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back