General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking footy just announced the game will be shown at fed square
Good outcome. Now I need a Canberra supporters group location

Hello everyone, friendly magpie supporter here.

I was wondering if I could please get some help. I have a friend's birthday coming up soon, and he happens to be an avid Melbourne supporter! I want to get him a MFC jersey, with Hogan's number and name on it. But as you all know, the AFL stores only sell blank jerseys. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get my jersey numbered/named.

Many thanks!!! All the best for Saturday!

I was wondering if I could please get some help. I have a friend's birthday coming up soon, and he happens to be an avid Melbourne supporter! I want to get him a MFC jersey, with Hogan's number and name on it. But as you all know, the AFL stores only sell blank jerseys. I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get my jersey numbered/named.

I don’t think you can get named but the Demon Shop (Brunton Ave under the G) definitely does numbers

Call the demon shop 1300 Demons. I think.

Pretty surreal registering for the GF ballot this morning, considering the finals book * up and even all the s**t about the pre-season camp etc. earlier in the year.

We are obliviously not there yet, but the fact that we are so close to a GF after the last 10 years we have had really sunk in today more than Friday or any day since.

So I've been a bit out of the loop.

Did we express a preference to play in the middle of the day over there when it's going to be 25 degrees so that on the off chance we won, we'd get back to melbourne 12 hours earlier? That seems odd to me for a number of reasons. Can anyone confirm?

I've also always wondered why teams catch the red-eye back. Why not spend the night in a 5-star hotel there on game day and come back fresh in the morning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we express a preference to play in the middle of the day over there when it's going to be 25 degrees so that on the off chance we won, we'd get back to melbourne 12 hours earlier? That seems odd to me for a number of reasons. Can anyone confirm?

I've also always wondered why teams catch the red-eye back. Why not spend the night in a 5-star hotel there on game day and come back fresh in the morning?
Better on the body to take a middle-haul flight on the same day as game day rather than after being static for 8-10 hours? I’m no sports scientist but this would be my guess

Faster access to home medical and recovery facilities, I think. They can't take everything with them to Perth.

Virgin put on a special flight just for us (or at the time, hawthorn).
It leaves at 6:15pm after the game, and gets in just after midnight.
With a bit of a sleep in the next morning, it’ll be like they’ve never been there.

Besides all that, shouldn’t our players be more than use to September warmth?

Better on the body to take a middle-haul flight on the same day as game day rather than after being static for 8-10 hours? I’m no sports scientist but this would be my guess
I dunno, is it? Does that outweigh playing in 25 degree heat rather than 15 degree heat if we played at night?

I dunno, is it? Does that outweigh playing in 25 degree heat rather than 15 degree heat if we played at night?
I don't think there has been a night Saturday Prelim in years, they've played them in the Twilight slot for a couple of years now to minimise the gap in recovery.

They players will be much better for coming home that night and jumping straight into full recovery on Sunday, rather than doing a little bit on Saturday night, then jumping on a plane for half the day, and then playing catch up. I've done both, and while there were some dicey moments on the plane regarding cramps, it was better in the long run to fly home that night. Don't underestimate how much better night sleep you get in your own bed either.

I don't think there has been a night Saturday Prelim in years, they've played them in the Twilight slot for a couple of years now to minimise the gap in recovery.

They players will be much better for coming home that night and jumping straight into full recovery on Sunday, rather than doing a little bit on Saturday night, then jumping on a plane for half the day, and then playing catch up. I've done both, and while there were some dicey moments on the plane regarding cramps, it was better in the long run to fly home that night. Don't underestimate how much better night sleep you get in your own bed either.

Interesting the 2015 prelim eagles vs North was 7:25 melbourne time

But agree it’s obvously more beneficial to get on the plane ASAP and get home. Rather thank getting up sore the next day and then getting on a plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back