General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not proud of my body shaming efforts here, but does anyone else think it’s been an enjoyable lay-off for Tom Lynch?
bb1a01d85e8ba9b46f339f5b2cb91eb6.jpg
f40490add3a9502aa53c0e5ac5e44223.jpg

Not proud of my body shaming efforts here, but does anyone else think it’s been an enjoyable lay-off for Tom Lynch?

This will always be the “worst” time of year for a footballers physique and rightly so. Not to mention the bloke hasn’t had a game in 5 months. If he turned up “like that” in January you’d be worried.

Still looks about a thousand times better than McCartin or McGovern.... those dudes could run a million miles and eat celery and STILL look like they had spent 3 weeks in a pastry shop.

Still looks about a thousand times better than McCartin or McGovern.... those dudes could run a million miles and eat celery and STILL look like they had spent 3 weeks in a pastry shop.
McGovern is my hero. He’s a gun yet seriously looks like a stand-in for a mate in some bush league that never trains, has a spew and a cigarette at half time, takes 5 more marks to bring his total to 17 then goes for more beers.

s**t call. Unnecessary in my book

Bloke looks great even before you consider his injury and the fact it is the off-season .

You don’t find it interesting that he couldn’t/wouldn’t keep the weight off, knowing that he was going to a new club as the highest profile signing of the period?

You don’t find it interesting that he couldn’t/wouldn’t keep the weight off, knowing that he was going to a new club as the highest profile signing of the period?
Beautifully crafted.

You've now positioned your question of whether the player was out of shape, based off a couple of two-dimensional shots, as a fact without having to prove anything.

Perhaps it was a bad angle, perhaps we didn't sleep well so his eyes are puffy, perhaps he's bulking up, perhaps he has been off legs because of his knee surgery, perhaps he has been drinking lots of water to aid recovery and therefore looks a little bloated.

So many things could be the reason why some (less than 40% of respondents mind you) perceive him to be carrying a few extra kilos, yet your question to me is stated in a way that it's fact that he's fat.

If Richmond came out and said it, or if there was some concrete proof that he was out of shape then I think it would be a valid conversation to have. As it stands though, I think it's just unnecessary tabloid-style commentary that serves no purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautifully crafted.

You've now positioned your question of whether the player was out of shape, based off a couple of two-dimensional shots, as a fact without having to prove anything.

Perhaps it was a bad angle, perhaps we didn't sleep well so his eyes are puffy, perhaps he's bulking up, perhaps he has been off legs because of his knee surgery, perhaps he has been drinking lots of water to aid recovery and therefore looks a little bloated.

So many things could be the reason why some (less than 40% of respondents mind you) perceive him to be carrying a few extra kilos, yet your question to me is stated in a way that it's fact that he's fat.

If Richmond came out and said it, or if there was some concrete proof that he was out of shape then I think it would be a valid conversation to have. As it stands though, I think it's just unnecessary tabloid-style commentary that serves no purpose.

Well it was my opinion not fact and I positioned my question as “does anyone else think” which I thought would suggest it was my opinion and not fact. Then I responded to you with “you don’t think” which I assumed was understood to be a “you don’t think what I think?” type question.
More than 60% disagree, fantastic. I honestly thought he looked a little out of shape as I assume he is really ramping up his prep for a full preseason with his brand new club.

I don’t he is human, he at worst is 3-5kgs overweight. The majority of afl players at this time of the year will rest up and put on a couple of kgs. If he was the 44th player on GCs list then yes it would surprise me because he would have to be doing everything right. But lynch is a marquee forward that every club would trade their grandmother for so he has allowances.

Judge him mid November when he is back for more season or early Jan after the Xmas break.

I don’t he is human, he at worst is 3-5kgs overweight. The majority of afl players at this time of the year will rest up and put on a couple of kgs. If he was the 44th player on GCs list then yes it would surprise me because he would have to be doing everything right. But lynch is a marquee forward that every club would trade their grandmother for so he has allowances.

Judge him mid November when he is back for more season or early Jan after the Xmas break.
yeah as long as he doesn't come back to the Tigers looking like Chris Yarran did, then i think he'll be ok.

Thinking about signing up as a silver AFL member next year for the first time. Does anyone know if it qualifies you for any kind of grand final ticket or ballot entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back