General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've led a campaign for Omac to be trialled for war crimes in Germany so bad has been his form.
Jones has been told to retire
May is already a failure
Lever should just wait till next year

Been some good stuff.
May got thrown under the bus by both Goody and Lewis, so that was good media viewing for a while

Grim. I knew we had a lot of guys coming off s**t offseasons but that still sucks. I'm guessing if Jetta is under performing it's because he's getting too old to carry an injury. I know them feels.

Both Jetta and Hibberd are looking like retire candidates 4 games in. Hibberd can't quite get around anyone with pace at the moment and Jetta squibbed a contest agaisnt the bombers. It's been truly grim.

3 rounds in there was a stat showing that we were defending worse than our 2013 side.

I think Oliver's in good form for normal players but he's out of form compared to last year. Who's equal to or better than last year over the 4 rounds

Salem
Harmes
Brayshaw
Fritsch

Melksham hasn't been bad but it hasn't clicked for him yet... That's pretty sad for the other 22
I know im waaaaay behind on this but Olivers disposals havnt been Damaging. He is an accumulator though
Salem/Fritsch are our best kick in to F50. Brayshaw is good. Harmes Battles and can tag which is a plus

For me Melksham has to be up there with Salem Oliver Brayshaw and Gawn. Not necessarily in front of them but he has been very good in and mostly disfunctional forward line.
No disrespect to the other guys in the forward line, but Melk is easily the MVP.He can kick goal, but more than likely dishes it off to someone in a better spot

I know im waaaaay behind on this but Olivers disposals havnt been Damaging. He is an accumulator though
Salem/Fritsch are our best kick in to F50. Brayshaw is good. Harmes Battles and can tag which is a plus

I agree, but i think it comes down to our spread. He wins the ball and literally has no one to flick the hands out to because they are all standing next to him.

Last year he used his quick hands to get it out to someone on the outside who linked up and got the ball moving forward.

Makes it much harder for him this year with a stagnant midfield.

I know im waaaaay behind on this but Olivers disposals havnt been Damaging. He is an accumulator though Salem/Fritsch are our best kick in to F50. Brayshaw is good. Harmes Battles and can tag which is a plus

Couldn't agree more with this, and it's why as much as I enjoy their composure down back I would like to see one of them permanently playing further up field.

I agree, but i think it comes down to our spread. He wins the ball and literally has no one to flick the hands out to because they are all standing next to him.

Last year he used his quick hands to get it out to someone on the outside who linked up and got the ball moving forward.

Makes it much harder for him this year with a stagnant midfield.

I dunno I was listening to Steven Smith on open Mike and he said Clarry doesn't understand how much time he has and i agree. Last year he would wait and pick the 3rd or 4th option but this year he's giving the first option every time again. He's not playing bad or anything but he hasn't quite taken the responsibility this season.

Pick 6 for a fat, injured 27 year old not looking great either.
It could be one of our worst mistakes as a club in a long time. KK IMO will be a bust. May would want to get as fit as he's ever been and get to an AA level of defending, or trading pick 6 in a super draft will make us look like fools..

It could be one of our worst mistakes as a club in a long time. KK IMO will be a bust. May would want to get as fit as he's ever been and get to an AA level of defending, or trading pick 6 in a super draft will make us look like fools..

Imagine how much everyone would he melting if May went to Collingwood and Frost and Omac were in this form right now. Everyone would be melting about how our list management doesn't take chances.

Our 2004-06 teams failed because our defence was horrific and we didn't do anywhere near enough to solve that problem. At least the club had the balls to try and solve an obvious problem on our list this time. 4 games is certainly not the time to declare it a ******* bust

Bit early for this, but hopefully it doesn't burn us to look back and see the guy who went at pick seven would have been perfect.

Bit early for this, but hopefully it doesn't burn us to look back and see the guy who went at pick seven would have been perfect.
King, Smith, Thomas, Jones were the 4 players directly after us.

King is 5 years away from any impact. Smith looks a ripper but unlikely he would have made any real difference to the side this year on the wing as an 18 year old.

In the end May is a 4 or 5 year investment and he was brought into play on big forwards in big games.

It's the same as saying the Kelly Tyson + Salem deal is a failure because of the obvious loss we made. Nah the club had to try and get extra numbers at the time.
When Brian Lake lobbed up at the hawks he wasn't in AA form 4 games in

Definitely not saying the May trade is a bust(yet). I honestly feel KK will be a bust though. I know he was the steak knives in the deal, but his injuries are significant and he hasn't been anywhere near decent form for years. Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see him being that player we all hoped. And that's ok. He wasn't the reason we traded pick 6.

May however has a long way to go to prove his worth. Yes, can't judge after a month. When his 4 years is up, then we can sit back and judge the trade. I've seen enough of him play before this year to suggest I was never convinced on him, but understand the club needing a gorilla type full back and he was best available. Pick 6 in a super draft though could bite us in the ass. Hindsight is always wonderful, but I reckon a few people here would have been happy with picking up Sam Collins for cheap and drafting a young gun with Pick 6. The way May has conducted himself so far has been very poor so it leads to discussions like this.

I hope May turns into our Brian Lake fairytale, I'm just very very skeptical at this point and watching Collins and the top picks from last draft look great, makes me wonder if it was the right call..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not saying the May trade is a bust(yet). I honestly feel KK will be a bust though. I know he was the steak knives in the deal, but his injuries are significant and he hasn't been anywhere near decent form for years. Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see him being that player we all hoped. And that's ok. He wasn't the reason we traded pick 6.

May however has a long way to go to prove his worth. Yes, can't judge after a month. When his 4 years is up, then we can sit back and judge the trade. I've seen enough of him play before this year to suggest I was never convinced on him, but understand the club needing a gorilla type full back and he was best available. Pick 6 in a super draft though could bite us in the ass. Hindsight is always wonderful, but I reckon a few people here would have been happy with picking up Sam Collins for cheap and drafting a young gun with Pick 6. The way May has conducted himself so far has been very poor so it leads to discussions like this.

I hope May turns into our Brian Lake fairytale, I'm just very very skeptical at this point and watching Collins and the top picks from last draft look great, makes me wonder if it was the right call..

Sam Collins was a pre draft selection. He wasn't even available for us.

Sam Collins was a pre draft selection. He wasn't even available for us.
Ok. And probably drawing a long bow to suggest we could have picked him up in the 2017 draft. I'm actually surprised no one took a chance on him last year. He always had potential.

So where is Kielty at? And why haven't we given him a crack yet? With all the Frost and OMac hate, a few horror losses, defence in tatters, why hasn't this guy been given a shot? Everytime I've seen him, I've been impressed.

Crusty, I share your concerns. KK was always a punt, we know that. May, what really concerns me is the attitude it required to turn up to a new club out of shape. Definitely too early to call, but I am nervous!

Crusty, I share your concerns. KK was always a punt, we know that. May, what really concerns me is the attitude it required to turn up to a new club out of shape. Definitely too early to call, but I am nervous!

Brian Lake was arrested before his Hawthorn debut. Both had to lose weight when they arrived at their new club.

Brian Lake was arrested before his Hawthorn debut. Both had to lose weight when they arrived at their new club.

Yeah you are right and his post football life is good proof that assholes are often good at football.

That said, it still makes me uneasy and I’d rather have a professional arsehole than someone over relying on his talents

Plus the entire teams defence needs to improve, frost and Omac have looked all at sea but it hasn’t helped the mids lack of defensive pressure. No side can pin all their hopes on one player improving the team single handed. Getting may was the right move, poor form not showing up fit but the entire team needs to improve it’s defensive structures.

Yeah you are right and his post football life is good proof that assholes are often good at football.

That said, it still makes me uneasy and I’d rather have a professional arsehole than someone over relying on his talents

Mate.
May turned up overweight, but worked hard enough to be in good enough shape to be selected for round 1*

Mate.
May turned up overweight, but worked hard enough to be in good enough shape to be selected for round 1*
Mate.

Mate, did you mean Mate in the way that is means campaigner, or did you mean it like mate.

Anyway I think you forgot a footnote or something

*in getting to good enough shape he over strained his legs cause he started off unfit :p

Mate, did you mean Mate in the way that is means campaigner, or did you mean it like mate.

*in getting to good enough shape he over strained his legs cause he started off unfit :p
Exactly. Over did it to get to an acceptable level of fitness just to play and that's when the hammy goes twang or the calf goes pop. And let's be honest, he probably got picked on his name alone and the fact the club would have had to come out and admit he's not fit to play. Similar to the Saints with Hannebery. Garry Lyon calling him out was probably the best thing to happen. I'm not surprised his injury report keeps saying 2-4, as he's probably doing a mini pre season just to get matchfit.

I think fans have every right to be nervous about him with what we've seen so far. I think by the end of next season we can start to judge a little more on his value compared to pick 6. Let's not forget Lever was the worst defender in the world up until Round 4 or 5 last year. Then he looked outstanding in the weeks before he did his knee. Let's hope May is similar(without the knee injury of course).

Nah that was a campaigner mate. Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back