General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately this is true. My mum is friends with Brad's mum.

Cardiac arrest and rushed to hospital but couldn't be saved. Very very sad.
Anyone of that age passing away is terrible, but to lose someone like that? Oh man.

Jesus thats awful. Certainly puts things into perspective.
My friend's father passed away the other day from similar, it really is amazing the stuff we all get hung up about every day. I mean, its normal to feel happy or sad about whatever's going on in your life, but its pretty crazy how the world is a coin toss away from changing.

Are we drafting players from footy families on purpose, or is it just a coincidence?

Brothers:

T&O McDonald
J&C Wagner

Brothers playing elsewhere/retired:
Jones
Brayshaw
Kolodjashnij
Frost
Maynard
Dunkley

Father/Sons:
Viney
Spargo
Stretch
Weideman
J.Smith

That's 15 guys on a list of 45 with an immediate family connection in the AFL. Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else see the stat on OTC lastnight? The 1 about playing on from the mark and where they sit on the ladder. All of the top 8 besides Gws were in the bottom 8 for play on from kicks. We were first ofcourse

Are we drafting players from footy families on purpose, or is it just a coincidence?

Brothers:

T&O McDonald
J&C Wagner

Brothers playing elsewhere/retired:
Jones
Brayshaw
Kolodjashnij
Frost
Maynard
Dunkley

Father/Sons:
Viney
Spargo
Stretch
Weideman
J.Smith

That's 15 guys on a list of 45 with an immediate family connection in the AFL. Crazy.

Obviously our drafting strategy is to text as many people as you know and say "footy?"

Anybody else see the stat on OTC lastnight? The 1 about playing on from the mark and where they sit on the ladder. All of the top 8 besides Gws were in the bottom 8 for play on from kicks. We were first ofcourse
Interesting stat. Not sure it’s as damning as it’s made out to be though.

We’re also number 1 for i50’s, which would make you think that playing on probably isn’t a factor in our poor performance this year.

However, we’re second from the bottom for marks, which might have something to do with it.

Interesting stat. Not sure it’s as damning as it’s made out to be though.

We’re also number 1 for i50’s, which would make you think that playing on probably isn’t a factor in our poor performance this year.

However, we’re second from the bottom for marks, which might have something to do with it.

It does correlate. Teams are building there defence first and then slowly moving the ball and finding targets. 7 of the top 8 sides were the bottom 7 for playing on. Only GWS which was mid range was an outlier. Us and Carlton are 1st and 2nd.

I agree that it correlates, and our transition out of defence needs improvement, but if we’re getting it into the i50 enough then it isn’t as big an issue for us as it might be for other teams.

If our delivery and conversion wasn’t so atrocious, we would probably be an outlier just like GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back