jhong

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday fc
You lot got a taste of sort of success last year . Yeah we got mugged at WC in the pre lim , not sure too many team would have beaten them anyway , but i am stunned that we didn't review the pre-lim and figured out that most teams had worked us out. It is pretty obvious what our issues are , i read it on these posts most of this seasons. If we can see it , why can't the coaches?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
You lot got a taste of sort of success last year . Yeah we got mugged at WC in the pre lim , not sure too many team would have beaten them anyway , but i am stunned that we didn't review the pre-lim and figured out that most teams had worked us out. It is pretty obvious what our issues are , i read it on these posts most of this seasons. If we can see it , why can't the coaches?
That's my biggest concern, it's just so obvious what the issues are, yet there is seemingly some sort of stubborn determination that this game style is absolutely the right one, and things will magically improve without fixing any of the glaring deficiencies that are driving everyone insane.

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Champion data can suck but stuff like that is a great insight. It shows how far our obsession with pure contested ball numbers has made us fall
I love how contested ball is be all end all for us. Said it once before but if we win 1 contested ball but a rubbish handpass misses and our players then need to go in and win it again to do the same again then a s**t kick and then win another contested ball. We've had 3 or 4 contested ball stats for rubbish disposal in 1 chain of possession. Where as another team will be losing contested ball because they move the ******* ball better. Contested ball stats only ******* matter if you can use the ball dont give a fu** if we win it cause of our own s**t disposal. Goodwin 'oh there was alot to like we won contested ball which we pride ourselves on' yeah cause we created 100 more contested ******* ball stats out of rubbish

Sir Hugh Percy

BigFooty Aristocrat
Jun 7, 2012
Earlthwaite Manor
AFL Club
Melbourne

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Only top 8 side Collingwood beat last year was us, and only top 8 sides they've beaten this year are Brisbane, Richmond and West Coast last week (if you use the same parameters as the post I quoted which excluded finals).
Last year I agree with but 3 wins against the top 8 is pretty decent this year.

Crazy they were almost premiers last year with that record

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That campaigner did my head in. Im sorry if i do any of your heads in haha. Who was he? I wasnt on here much when Dr dickhead was but is that who ya reckon?
Very similar characteristics, especially the constant qouting of words from the club like they were gospel

HANDSOLO

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Very similar characteristics, especially the constant qouting of words from the club like they were gospel
I don’t reckon it was the Dr. similar characteristics but a higher rate of things that made some sense (still low at 25%)

The real question is who is Dr. Truth

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
That campaigner did my head in. Im sorry if i do any of your heads in haha. Who was he? I wasnt on here much when Dr dickhead was but is that who ya reckon?
Knew it was him after he talked about 'working at club level'. The dickhead volunteered to help with some pleb jobs and thinks he is top s**t because of it.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
I swear this is the last year im giving these campaigners $500 for a raffle. Atleast im getting a signed Anzac guernsey. So over giving these campaigners my money if i wanted to pay to be f’ed id go to the ******* brothel
Geez you’re generous, I actually didn’t get a membership this year (Second time since 2000 I haven’t signed up). Our membership numbers will drop 10k next year imo

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Geez you’re generous, I actually didn’t get a membership this year (Second time since 2000 I haven’t signed up). Our membership numbers will drop 10k next year imo
Money to burn but this the last year i do it if its the same next year. I always buy s**t from every auction they do or whatever. But fu** em

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
I only have an armchair membership for obvious locational reasons, but was planning to upgrade my membership to be able to then fork over more money for the GF Guarantee. Fortunately last year I set up my membership to automatically renew for this season, otherwise I may have done it straight off the bat, instead I decided to hold off, because I trust this team like I trust my 4 year old holding my chocolate bar ... one of my better moves recently.

Top Bottom