General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright, new year new...demons?

Who else is feeling optimally delusional about 2020? With no draft pick to play for, do we finally kick our deeply ingrained instinct to tank?

What's holding us back? What needs to go right? Who needs an injury free year?

Now that the test matches are over I need something to distract myself with and boy am I ready to read training report after training report discussing Nibbler's elite running ability.

With Harmes playing HBF, does that allow Viney to play a tagging role in the centre?

Will any of our draftees make a splash in 2020? When do we see Pickett's first hanger/bump?

When will I give up and start eyeing off 2022 draftees? Jeff Farmers kid will be ready then, right?

Alright, new year new...demons?

Who else is feeling optimally delusional about 2020? With no draft pick to play for, do we finally kick our deeply ingrained instinct to tank?

What's holding us back? What needs to go right? Who needs an injury free year?

Now that the test matches are over I need something to distract myself with and boy am I ready to read training report after training report discussing Nibbler's elite running ability.

With Harmes playing HBF, does that allow Viney to play a tagging role in the centre?

Will any of our draftees make a splash in 2020? When do we see Pickett's first hanger/bump?

When will I give up and start eyeing off 2022 draftees? Jeff Farmers kid will be ready then, right?

Jeff Farmers kid is likely to go to Freo, hes in their academy.

I listened to an interview in 2018 where he said he's keen for him to play for the Dees - but have also read the Freo academy stuff.

Losing the Wizz was hard enough, but I'll be fumin' if we lose his kid too.

Jack Viney's about to have a kid - maybe I can wait another 18 years

I listened to an interview in 2018 where he said he's keen for him to play for the Dees - but have also read the Freo academy stuff.

I'd be shattered if his kid goes to Freo, but think he lives with his mother over there so it'll be very difficult to lure him to the Dees.

Tommy has just had a kid too yeah? Or is going to have one soon? Mind you if I’m right, and it’s a boy, then the kid will no doubt take after uncle Oscar.

Apologies for the intrusion, but I'd like to ask about Brayshaw.

What made him so good in 2018, was it the role he was mainly playing (along with the team playing good footy)? And wtf happened in 2019? Different role? Unfit? Just didnt give a stuff with the team going so poorly?

Any of Viney, Brayshaw and to an extent Oliver (how much better can he get?) could explode this year if they continue to stay fit and have a good PS, I'm just trying to pick which one it's going to be!

What made him so good in 2018, was it the role he was mainly playing (along with the team playing good footy)? And wtf happened in 2019? Different role? Unfit? Just didnt give a stuff with the team going so poorly?

Any of Viney, Brayshaw and to an extent Oliver (how much better can he get?) could explode this year if they continue to stay fit and have a good PS, I'm just trying to pick which one it's going to be!

they have all peaked

we are the Cleveland browns

Oliver most likely he has by far the highest ceiling of those three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they have all peaked

we are the Cleveland browns
Cleveland players never peaked except maybe OBJ and they never play in let alone win finals/playoffs

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

How good is it going to be to see the big V again? I’m loving the idea. I want Max to play and get 100 billion hitouts
stupid and out dated concept imo

But i think it is a good idea to raise money for such an important cause

What made him so good in 2018, was it the role he was mainly playing (along with the team playing good footy)?
He's just a ******* good football player. Really ******* good. That's why he was playing good football.
And wtf happened in 2019? Different role? Unfit? Just didnt give a stuff with the team going so poorly?
What happened in 2019 is Melbourne tanked and no s**t we are ******* good at tanking. Really ******* good- no one even noticed we were tanking. IT HAPPENED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!

We gave Brayshaw tagging roles when we had EXPERTS like Viney and Harmes playing. We took him out of the centre bounce and put no-name JOBBERS like (i can't even remember their names- so many injuries, so many spuds. Kyle Dunkley might have been one of them. AND BILLY STRETCH TOO!) there instead.

Gotta love "DEVELOPING PLAYERS"!!!!

Don't worry though, Bray's my boy, he'll absolutely ******* SMASH 2020.

stupid and out dated concept imo

But i think it is a good idea to raise money for such an important cause

I like representative games. The idea of so many stars in one team is exciting. However, the result never really lives up to the expectation. I remember watching the last Vic vs AS game and realising you can fill a team full of stars but they can't all star. It's always only 3 - 5 taking the spotlight and the rest playing roles and doing jobs.

How good is it going to be to see the big V again? I’m loving the idea. I want Max to play and get 100 billion hitouts
If he gets one hitout a second it will still take him 3,170years to do it.

I’m not sure I can wait that long for the game to end so we can win a premiership. Feels like we’ve already waited that long.

Cleveland players never peaked except maybe OBJ and they never play in let alone win finals/playoffs

They peaked last year - 7 wins :)
They have had lots of coaches and they are s**t and they sack them all the time
They have incompetent administration they sack all the time, or leave because of infighting
They were great in the 80s but never quite cut the mustard
they last won a superbowl in 1964
In 1987, at the championship game - they had "the fumble" at the 1 yard line which would have given them the chance to tie the game and head to the superbowl (much like Jim Stynes efforts in 1987)
They were OK around the turn of the century
They take great talent and make it s**t

Not exactly the same but the closest analogue I can think of :) The coincidences are spooky. This is just off the top of my head

Obviously it also applies to the whole team but there are a number of individuals who come into this year under significant pressure. To name a few:

Hibberd - has gone from excellent 2017 to borderline average. With Harmes moving back, Jetta fit, and other possibilities at half back, the Pig could find himself at Casey in 2020 if he doesn’t improve.

Jones - his returns have been diminishing since the back half of 2018. However, there is room for a wily veteran in the team given that Lewis and Bernie are now gone. Needs to lift to keep his spot though.

Lever & May - we’ve invested a lot for little return so far in these two. It will be bitterly disappointing if both don’t have good to excellent years.

Viney - copped a lot of flack last year, some gratuitous, a lot was justified. At 25, he is no longer just a kid. Is he simply a B grader who has hit his ceiling? Is he an A grader who can’t get his body right? 2020 is a big year for the skipper.

Weideman - has shown some promising glimpses but needs to find consistency in 2020 if this team is to go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back