General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is when you're an ITK like me boyo
I don't think I will ever come across a bloke living in central Canada with as many connections to the MFC as you

Tbf there has been enough noise around Gawn being named co-captain that anyone could guess it really

Hopefully the captaincy means Gawny woke up with a heavier scrotum and he no will no longer wet the bed the night before when playing against his Daddy, Scott Lycett. 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgo for PM. He alone could have the biggest impact at the club.

Richo had some good insight when discussing who to select at the draft.

That last session was brutal, but good to see the boys have some fun at the end

So after months of worrying if GCS would get pick 2 or not, it didn't matter. We rated Jackson at 2 all along.

In fact, a poster on Demonland has even screenshotted some evidence from that doco that shows we probably didn't even have Anderson in our top 5. All that stressing out in September/October over nothing.

Last edited:
Happy
New episode of the club doco is up and by far the best one yet.

May looks a decent golfer...not sure about Harley's swing tho. 😂

Our tackling coach reminds me of an army drill instructor. * I hated training on sand. Let alone after the running they did the previous day's and weeks. I wouldn't have been able to walk the next morning I don't reckon.

Happy

May looks a decent golfer...not sure about Harley's swing tho. 😂

Our tackling coach reminds me of an army drill instructor. fu** I hated training on sand. Let alone after the running they did the previous day's and weeks. I wouldn't have been able to walk the next morning I don't reckon.

If you haven’t trained on sand before you definitely don’t understand how hard it is. Players would have been absolutely cooked after the wrestling let alone the crab walk.

If you haven’t trained on sand before you definitely don’t understand how hard it is. Players would have been absolutely cooked after the wrestling let alone the crab walk.

Would have been a good day to call in sick. Sand is the worst.

I did a bunch of those sand drills at a camp a few years ago, and I'm not entirely sure I won't have a nightmare about it tonight, absolutely horrific. 10 metres down and back up a dune on your front not being allowed to use your legs, was absolutely ****ed.

Some of the most desirable and expensive realestate in Melbourne is located 20 odd mins from Casey fields could be used as a selling point
What? It's a shithole. Cranbourne, Dandenong, Pakenham, Carrum Downs, Narre Warren, Frankston.

Edit: sorry didn't realise you'd posted this ages ago, NM.

Went to Family Day today with my 2 boys. Had a great day. Well done to the club, it really was a fantastic day. All the players were available to chat and take photos and it was well set up and organised. Robbo as always a fantastic host interviewing players all day as well. Loved that the womens team was involved too. I'm not a huge fan of the AFLW, but i must say they added a great deal to the day and were all so much fun to talk to.

A few observations from the day:

Jack Viney said he'd have a c next to his name. Just wouldn't tell me if it's a c or vc.

Luke Jackson is a champion bloke. Really lovely kid. Chatted for ages. He said he's still growing too and just got measured yesterday at 200cm. So i hope the commentators stop calling him a 199cm ruckman. He also said Daniel Talia was on him when down forward and was easily the best player he's played against in competition, however said Stephen May was better in training than Talia.

Stephen May said he'll be playing next Marsh game. As did Brayshaw. May was very standoffish. Didn't look like he wanted to be there, but seems to have a lot of respect from his teammates.

AVB said he pulled up great from the game and is eyeing off round 1.

Kozzy Pickett does speak. But not much.

Oscar McDonald and ANB, 2 of the more maligned players around here, happen to be 2 of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet.

Harley Bennell looks super fit. Lovely guy too. Calf is fine atm and he's hoping to play VFL around 4-6 weeks into the season. I offered to massage his calves. He declined. But every single player who i spoke to said they have never seen a player do what he can with a football. The playing group is extremely excited about the prospect of him playing alongside them. May in particular can't say enough about him.

Jetta confirmed what a legend he is. As my favourite player he really took the time to chat and sign some stuff. He can't wait for the Bushfire charity game and play alongside some of the greats. He thought Oliver and Trac were stiff to miss.

Brayshaw said to whack $100 on Trac for the Brownlow. Trac said to put $200 on. He's looking fit and confident. This could be the year he really arrives.

Tbh, all the players were great and it was a fun day. My kids loved it and I got a kick out of chatting to the players and asking them the hard questions.

What? It's a shithole. Cranbourne, Dandenong, Pakenham, Carrum Downs, Narre Warren, Frankston.

Edit: sorry didn't realise you'd posted this ages ago, NM.
I once left my phone in an Uber after Grand Final day and had to go to the Dandenong cop shop to pick it up *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back