General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried this for almost all of last year ... it didn't work.
yeah i know, just the idea of it. Don't care who just give it a try we might uncover something. When was the last time we tried a player out of position and it worked?

Probably TMac as a forward ... but that's not through lack of trying.
I'm just worried that because we don't have any early picks this year we're gonna have to address our needs via trade/free agent or with what we've already got. Plus whose gonna want to come to us?

We have Lever who is supposed to be our Jeremy Howe/ 3rd defender. We also have Hore as backup. And Fritsch didn't work last year, plus Hannan still offers the most crumbing and crumbing nous apart from maybe Pickett.

Coaching players how to play properly in their natural positions would be a good start for us. Leading, blocking, shephards, these are things we need to work on. Kicking is so much easier when you have space to kick it and space to kick it to.

I'm just worried that because we don't have any early picks this year we're gonna have to address our needs via trade/free agent or with what we've already got. Plus whose gonna want to come to us?
Now that the NAB League has been officially cancelled for the year, thank * we don't have any early picks. Absolute nightmare trying to pick players based on 12 month old intel, around a raft of Academy/Father Son kids

Now that the NAB League has been officially cancelled for the year, thank fu** we don't have any early picks. Absolute nightmare trying to pick players based on 12 month old intel, around a raft of Academy/Father Son kids

You watch North land the next Nat Fyfe with our pick.

Best of luck to them, if they do it's more likely to be shear dumb luck than anything else.

That's exactly what I mean, I agree 100% i wouldn't want to be picking first round talent this year. Good thing is there might be an opportunity to pick up some good player in the second and third rounds this year.

But it will be just our luck that it will work for North with our first pick.

That's exactly what I mean, I agree 100% i wouldn't want to be picking first round talent this year. Good thing is there might be an opportunity to pick up some good player in the second and third rounds this year.

But it will be just our luck that it will work for North with our first pick.
Oh yeah, for sure!

Tho in fairness, I'd back all 17 other clubs to have more luck with a random swing at a first round pick than us.

Goody playing 4D chess, going to stack the side with inside mids, lose to Adelaide at the selection table, get himself sacked, get poached BACK to his home club Adelaide, clearing the way for Roosy to come back and win us a flag.

Goody doing whats best for himself and the club at the same time. Goody will donate his $1million payout to the boy's end of season trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody playing 4D chess, going to stack the side with inside mids, lose to Adelaide at the selection table, get himself sacked, get poached BACK to his home club Adelaide, clearing the way for Roosy to come back and win us a flag.

Goody doing whats best for himself and the club at the same time. Goody will donate his $1million payout to the boy's end of season trip.
Boys decide to have end of year trip in South America and the plane will crash in the Andes and they will begin to eat each other.

C.Wagner and J.Wagner the sole survivors.
Wait a minute...
shields-had-to-testify-before-congress-regarding-the-movie-photo-u1

Score involvements this season for Melbourne:

1. Christian Petracca (54)
2. Bayley Fristch (34)
3. Max Gawn (32)
4. Jack Viney (26)
4. Jake Melksham (26)
6. James Harmes (24)
7. Clayton Oliver (23)
8. Kysaiah Pickett (23)
8. Mitch Hannan (23)
10. Angus Brayshaw (22)

Average score involvements per game this season for Melbourne:

1. Christian Petracca (6.8)
2. Alex Neal-Bullen (5)
3. Sam Weideman (4.5)
4. Bayley Fristch (4.3)
5. Max Gawn (4)
6. Harley Bennell (3.8)
6. Mitch Hannan (3.8)
8. Jack Viney (3.3)
8. Jake Melksham (3.3)
8. Kysaiah Pickett (3.3)

EDIT: In fact, Trac is leading the entire comp in average score involvements.

Have the Saints gone past us for good (next 5 years) or can we catch them again - would love to know peoples thoughts
Trying to think through if their list is much better or they are better coached - I think its the latter

Have the Saints gone past us for good (next 5 years) or can we catch them again - would love to know peoples thoughts
Trying to think through if their list is much better or they are better coached - I think its the latter
Its pretty scary to think that Brendan McCartney was fired and the dogs win a premiership within 2 years. We hire him to coach.
Alan Richardson is sacked, StKilda could win a flag now and we hire him.

Their list is probably more balanced than ours and better coached. They don't have the contested guns like we do but they have plenty of pace and a solid spine. They have played with composure this year which we rarely have.

Their style of play is sexy, ours is horrendous. 100% enjoyed watching their game last night far more than I have watching us this year expect for maybe against Hawthorn.

Bulter and Kent in particular are great to watch.

A lot of it probably comes down to confidence, I'm not sure their list is any better than ours but they are playing miles better. They remind me of us in the back in end of 2018. Quick ball movement off turnovers, clean, tough. They are a team perfectly in sync with each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back