General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, pretty much.

It's a footy club - don't think that these guys don't get on the piss during the season.

They've obviously bitten off more than they can chew this time.

We don't even know which players it would be though. I don't pretend that our players wouldn't do some naughty things off the field, all clubs do. Would just be extremely disappointed that they haven't taken the North game seriously at all, regardless of being at the club for 1 year or 10 that is still a shitty attitude.

Gee thats pretty damning for him to say it publicly. Really hope we get surprised with some names at selection this week, looks like our culture is just as s**t as ever.
And it didn't occur to you, for a single moment, that Tulip selected a quote then edited out any context?

Or is it more likely that AFL 360 had Jordan walk in, say "some players didn't prepare", walk out again and Whately says thank you Jordan and they go back to discussing jumper punches?

For someone who apparently doesn't take footy seriously anymore, you have a strong bent towards catastrophising.

And it didn't occur to you, for a single moment, that Tulip selected a quote then edited out any context?

Or is it more likely that AFL 360 had Jordan walk in, say "some players didn't prepare", walk out again and Whately says thank you Jordan and they go back to discussing jumper punches?

For someone who apparently doesn't take footy seriously anymore, you have a strong bent towards catastrophising.
This. I was watching. He was talking about how we identified North as the best pressuring team in the comp during the week and some players didn't handle it in the first quarter even though they knew it was coming. As he was trying to elaborate he said that some players didn't prepare as they should have during the week but I thought it was a line said in searching for words.

This. I was watching. He was talking about how we identified North as the best pressuring team in the comp during the week and some players didn't handle it in the first quarter even though they knew it was coming. As he was trying to elaborate he said that some players didn't prepare as they should have during the week but I thought it was a line said in searching for words.
I watched it too. I think Jordy would be deeply surprised to find that anyone thought he had even remotely suggested that the team went out on the piss, or assumed they had it won so farted around instead of training.

Actually, I kind of disagree. He did say we expected North to bring the heat, but that doesn't detract from the bottom line which was that some players didn't prepare for what they knew was coming.

Its hardly time to throw the toys out the cot, but it is a concern and hopefully something that never happens again.

Its hardly time to throw the toys out the cot, but it is a concern and hopefully something that never happens again.
I'm hoping it comes down to just getting a carried away with the celebration and the back slapping of what was still a massive win for us against Adelaide at home, and that it SHOULD serve as the final warning to not get complacent after the week before, and switch on for next week in a season where anyone can beat anyone etc ...

But I fear that it'll still probably happen another couple of times yet.

I apologise for this heinous crime

Not even half way in and the veil is already descending for a good portion of you.
Who hurt you guys?

I watched Lewis on 360 from his tone/context of the conversation I don't think he meant blokes were on the piss after the crows game. More as training during the week wasn't upto scratch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we're not the only club with a heap of talent and expectation to have an inconsistent year. Geelong 2006 comes to mind, but that's only because I read someone else say that.

Does anyone else remember St. Kilda, West Coast, Hawthorn, Sydney or whatever before they started regularly playing finals? Surely we're not the only club to have a season where we lost to clubs who were more or less around the same mark...

Not even half way in and the veil is already descending for a good portion of you.
Who hurt you guys?

This club never fails to disappoint me further.

I feel like we're not the only club with a heap of talent and expectation to have an inconsistent year. Geelong 2006 comes to mind, but that's only because I read someone else say that.

Does anyone else remember St. Kilda, West Coast, Hawthorn, Sydney or whatever before they started regularly playing finals? Surely we're not the only club to have a season where we lost to clubs who were more or less around the same mark...
I think we're not alone. It's some kind of freaky flagellistic instinct to assume your own club is the only one ever to have issues, or that those issues are somehow worse than any ever seen before,

I watched Lewis on 360 from his tone/context of the conversation I don't think he meant blokes were on the piss after the crows game. More as training during the week wasn't upto scratch.
Bernies 200th in adelaide where he owns a pub was a few pictures of the boys at the pub celebrating. So yeah they woulda got smashed

Our current OOC players at the end of the year, what would you do with them?

My view:

Liam Hulett - One year deal
JKH - Delist
Mitch King - Two year deal
ANB - Trade bait otherwise one year deal
Pedersen - Feel the coaching staff don't rate him that highly, I'd keep him on a one year deal
Salem - Obvious
Spencer - Depends what we do at the trade table, if we get a decent ruck/forward in I'd give him the flick
Stretch - Obvious
Trengove - Delist
AVB - I'd keep but gee with all these injuries it is killing him because he'd walk into our current forward 6
Vince - Harsh but delist

Can't find any info on Bugg/Frost/BenKen but I'd assume they are probably all OOC

Bugg - One year deal
Frost - Three year deal
BenKen - Delist

Keep in mind you need to cut minimum three players off the list at the end of the year.

Our current OOC players at the end of the year, what would you do with them?

My view:

Liam Hulett - One year deal
JKH - Delist
Mitch King - Two year deal
ANB - Trade bait otherwise one year deal
Pedersen - Feel the coaching staff don't rate him that highly, I'd keep him on a one year deal
Salem - Obvious
Spencer - Depends what we do at the trade table, if we get a decent ruck/forward in I'd give him the flick
Stretch - Obvious
Trengove - Delist
AVB - I'd keep but gee with all these injuries it is killing him because he'd walk into our current forward 6
Vince - Harsh but delist

Can't find any info on Bugg/Frost/BenKen but I'd assume they are probably all OOC

Bugg - One year deal
Frost - Three year deal
BenKen - Delist

Keep in mind you need to cut minimum three players off the list at the end of the year.
Hold on. Why the cut minimum 3 players thing?

Saw brad on the weekend in norfs prematch warm up, found this interesting haha
COLLINGWOOD captain Scott Pendlebury says an encounter with former Melbourne star Brad Green at a clinic in his hometown of Sale left him with a sour taste in his mouth.

The Dees were in Sale to conduct a clinic and a young Pendles was eager to get his idol's autograph, he said on the Jock and Journo Podcast.

"I was a Melbourne supporter," Pendlebury said.

"They did a clinic in Sale and they had a poster of Brad Green and they did all their signings and stuff and they left to the carpark.

"I chased them down and he was putting his bag into the back of the boot and I had one poster and I said 'excuse me Brad, could you sign my poster for me, I’m a big fan' and he goes, 'sorry mate, the clinic’s finished'."

Pendlebury said he later played on Green in just his second AFL game.

"I never mentioned it to him," he said.

"I always think, you didn’t sign my poster, you a***hole.

"I didn’t want him to get a touch that day, but he still got a few."

Saw brad on the weekend in norfs prematch warm up, found this interesting haha
Hate hearing that stuff but I suppose it's one of those voluntary gigs that blokes want to just get away from ASAP. Still sh*t.
I'll never forget the day Stinger told me to go and get f****d down in the rooms when I asked for his signature.

I went and saw Dylan Moran about 10 years ago and saw him out the back of Hamer Hall having a cigarette. I said G'day and he gave me this look of "Oh God, can't you just f off so I can have this solitary cigarette in peace...... stupid anti-smoking Australians".

But because of who he is, it was perfect. Would almost have been a let down if he was a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back