General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance Toby Greene could get 2 weeks for that jumper punch on Rance?
That means he could oyr game.

We wish.

He should get a week, not sure if he will get two

He should get a week, not sure if he will get two

If he gets one week he'll get two with the bad record. If it's insufficient force then he shouldn't get anything.

There is a style of footy that holds up in september and a style that falls apart IMO. The open space fast moving 'attacking' footy falls apart under the finals pressure because you arent allowed to play that game. The inside grind and winning contest after contest does.

So IMO these are the teams who will do well and fail in september.

Adelaide havent proved to me yet that they are able to grind wins out when the game style is subdued. They will lose a Prelim final to Sydney
Sydney will make the GF

Cats and Giants are capable inside but will both lose a final to Sydney.

Richmond Essendon Stkilda Port will all short in september if they make it, need to much happening their way IMO

Us and the Dogs can surprise a few in september if we make it but I cant see how Sydney dont win it this year because they are just miles better than everyone else inside the contest which is what won it for the dogs last year.

The swans do worry me but it'd be a far different game to last time if we have our full side in.

I could see the Tigers being ok in the finals without actually threatening, they are basically a better Carlton. Don't concede much usually but don't score a heap either.

The swans do worry me but it'd be a far different game to last time if we have our full side in.

I could see the Tigers being ok in the finals without actually threatening, they are basically a better Carlton. Don't concede much usually but don't score a heap either.

I dont think there has ever been a side with a 5 man small forward line who has won in history because the ground tightens up and you dont get the space. Dogs won last year with a smallish forward line but had Boyd Roughead Stringer Bont Picken who are all bery good overhead. Tigers have Martin and Riewoldt.

Sure Id love another crack against the swans but they are the real dead IMO

I dont think there has ever been a side with a 5 man small forward line who has won in history because the ground tightens up and you dont get the space. Dogs won last year with a smallish forward line but had Boyd Roughead Stringer Bont Picken who are all bery good overhead. Tigers have Martin and Riewoldt.

Sure Id love another crack against the swans but they are the real dead IMO

Agree on less space but Richmonds games against good sides are such low scoring slogs I could see them scraping 1-2 wins together in September. I'd be confident against them and think the Swans would too because we can monster them in the middle, Adelaide would force them to shut the game down from the start and I don't think they could beat them either. Could beat any other finals team IMO

And yes the Swans are definitely the real deal, they're basically the midfield we're aiming to have.

Agree on less space but Richmonds games against good sides are such low scoring slogs I could see them scraping 1-2 wins together in September. I'd be confident against them and think the Swans would too because we can monster them in the middle, Adelaide would force them to shut the game down from the start and I don't think they could beat them either. Could beat any other finals team IMO

And yes the Swans are definitely the real deal, they're basically the midfield we're aiming to have.

Oh yeah I think the Tigers will play in the Prelim this year because they will beat North/Geelong/Stkilda/Essendon/GWS/Port in the finals. Just cant see them winning the flag. I watched our game against them earlier in the year. We had 35-10 inside 50s in the second and 52 to 28 in the 3rd quarter and absolutely dominated them in contested footy. How we lost that was mind boggling.

In fact no one will beat the Swans IMO.

Oh yeah I think the Tigers will play in the Prelim this year because they will beat North/Geelong/Stkilda/Essendon/GWS/Port in the finals. Just cant see them winning the flag. I watched our game against them earlier in the year. We had 35-10 inside 50s in the second and 52 to 28 in the 3rd quarter and absolutely dominated them in contested footy. How we lost that was mind boggling.

In fact no one will beat the Swans IMO.

We lost because being two men down (Including our ruck) destroyed our rotations and midfield. I know you hate excuses for losses and so do I but frankly we were dominating until late in the 3rd when we started to run out of puff and Nankervis along with their mids killed us in the last.

We lost because being two men down (Including our ruck) destroyed our rotations and midfield. I know you hate excuses for losses and so do I but frankly we were dominating until late in the 3rd when we started to run out of puff and Nankervis along with their mids killed us in the last.

Yeah but that sort of domination with such a close score was a result of poor forward entries again and I know what the common denominator is with us and s**t entries. We should have been 10 goals up but I guess that's the strength of Alex Rance as well

Yeah but that sort of domination with such a close score was a result of poor forward entries again and I know what the common denominator is with us and s**t entries. We should have been 10 goals up but I guess that's the strength of Alex Rance as well

Strength of a wet night and a team playing with 16 behind the ball.

We play like we did in the first half against Port against Richmond and we'd be 60 up at HT. I actually don't think our supporters realise how well Ports mids have been doing this year, they've been fantastic and we embarrassed them on Saturday.

Oh yeah I think the Tigers will play in the Prelim this year because they will beat North/Geelong/Stkilda/Essendon/GWS/Port in the finals.
I think something fairly extraordinary would have to happen to the competition for North to play finals this year... Maybe 9 teams disqualified for PEDs? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strength of a wet night and a team playing with 16 behind the ball.

We play like we did in the first half against Port against Richmond and we'd be 60 up at HT. I actually don't think our supporters realise how well Ports mids have been doing this year, they've been fantastic and we embarrassed them on Saturday.

They were number 1 in contested footy for about 6 weeks and we absolutely put them to the sword. My god we torched the Tigers though.

I think something fairly extraordinary would have to happen to the competition for North to play finals this year... Maybe 9 teams disqualified for PEDs? ;)

Jesus no idea where that came from

RE tigers i think they've improved by bringing in some new faces, changing their game style and Cotchin Martin and Rance all taking their game to a new level. I still think they are reliant on their best players, it will be interesting to see how the rest step up....i always think a sides bottom 6 is always a determining factor in going from middle of run side to top genuinely pushing for a premierhsip, i think this is what costs the saints in 2009-2010.

RE tigers i think they've improved by bringing in some new faces, changing their game style and Cotchin Martin and Rance all taking their game to a new level. I still think they are reliant on their best players, it will be interesting to see how the rest step up....i always think a sides bottom 6 is always a determining factor in going from middle of run side to top genuinely pushing for a premierhsip, i think this is what costs the saints in 2009-2010.

One single bad bounce cost the saints in 10 and a brilliant kick off the ground in 09.

Swans had some crap in their bottom 6 in their 2 flags as did Collingwood.

I think it's about how many fit blokes you can get to the grand final in your inside midfield

Any chance Toby Greene could get 2 weeks for that jumper punch on Rance?
That means he could our game.

We wish.
I reckon he 100% misses two weeks for that.
Bloke is as talented as they come but is a deadset goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back