General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be realistic here? How many more preseasons has Jonesy got in him?
We all have come to the consensus that Lewis is most likely on his last year (even if its the last year on his deal)

(I still think were at least 2 years off holding the cup aloft but will he hold on! * i hope so)

Lets be realistic here? How many more preseasons has Jonesy got in him?
We all have come to the consensus that Lewis is most likely on his last year (even if its the last year on his deal)

(I still think were at least 2 years off holding the cup aloft but will he hold on! **** i hope so)

Don’t think he plays on beyond 2020 he is close to cooked imo. Reminds me a lot of Vince’s second half of 2017.

oh yeah Jake Lever comes into the leadership group (VC) after Lewis is gone
Would be a good move. Guy moved to the coaches box while injured last season

Lever apparently a very good leader. Seems a really good organiser down back to.
Agreed. I commented on here at the time, watching him closely in one of the early games this year when our backline was unsettled, it was Lever calling the group together after conceding a goal and he was giving the rev up.

Kind of hoping (although doubt the AFL would allow it) that we withhold all of our players from competing in AFLX this time around. Or at least only offer up players that aren't best 22.

This year team pride was on the line so it was good to have a mix of decent players and young players. Next year is just a circus. I won't be watching, don't care who wins, don't want our players involved.

Kind of hoping (although doubt the AFL would allow it) that we withhold all of our players from competing in AFLX this time around. Or at least only offer up players that aren't best 22.

This year team pride was on the line so it was good to have a mix of decent players and young players. Next year is just a circus. I won't be watching, don't care who wins, don't want our players involved.
Absolutely zero chance of that happening.

We might get away with withholding all of the guys who've had surgery and a delayed start to preseason, which is a fair few fortunately (or unfortunately), but the AFL will want the best players available and playing, so they'll make sure everyone is available who doesn't have a reason not to be.

Absolutely zero chance of that happening.

We might get away with withholding all of the guys who've had surgery and a delayed start to preseason, which is a fair few fortunately (or unfortunately), but the AFL will want the best players available and playing, so they'll make sure everyone is available who doesn't have a reason not to be.

Isn't AFLX off this year replaced by like an all star thing

Isn't AFLX off this year replaced by like an all star thing

Its still AFLX but instead of all teams being represented it is a 4 team (I guess you could call it an all star) configuration.

100 players will be made available to be selected by the 4 captains. I'm guessing this would mean 5-6 players from each team available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its still AFLX but instead of all teams being represented it is a 4 team (I guess you could call it an all star) configuration.

100 players will be made available to be selected by the 4 captains. I'm guessing this would mean 5-6 players from each team available?
Yeah I was thinking it’s each club putting up 5-6 players. And decent ones to. Not all outside of best 22. But won’t be surprised if each club will be allowed to put up a couple outside of best 22.

Bet Betts will pick Nev for his team, and calling it now he'll sustain some sort of injury.

Start up Sure Thing again

Sware he has a near miss or minor during most AFL games. Bound to happen in AFLX as well.

Give him JKH instead please and thanks.

Sware he has a near miss or minor during most AFL games. Bound to happen in AFLX as well.

Give him JKH instead please and thanks.
He might actually pick Jeffy, Reunite some the amigos

Bet Betts will pick Nev for his team, and calling it now he'll sustain some sort of injury.

Start up Sure Thing again
This occurred to me too.

Nev’s only weakness is that he’s too honest. I can’t see him faking up some minor “general soreness” type thing to avoid the comp. Plus once picked he will actually try to play well. He’s wired that way.

The only solution I can realistically come up with is for someone to offer to kidnap him for a little while around the material time.

This occurred to me too.

Nev’s only weakness is that he’s too honest. I can’t see him faking up some minor “general soreness” type thing to avoid the comp. Plus once picked he will actually try to play well. He’s wired that way.

The only solution I can realistically come up with is for someone to offer to kidnap him for a little while around the material time.

It would probably be an honour for him to play for the Indigenous team, rule changes/format aside.

I don't love AFLX, but it is this kind of forward thinking that secures the sport's status as the pinnacle code in the country.

Make no mistake, there will be thousands of people (probably a lot of kids) glued to the 'captain's choice' style selection of the four teams, and then watching on TV.

As somebody who works in another professional code, which is suffering enormously and losing popularity and commerciality due to appalling governance and a lack of fresh ideas, I envy the AFL's inventiveness here. I hope 4 top MFC players are chosen, play, and play well (and obviously come through unscathed).

It would probably be an honour for him to play for the Indigenous team, rule changes/format aside.

I don't love AFLX, but it is this kind of forward thinking that secures the sport's status as the pinnacle code in the country.

Make no mistake, there will be thousands of people (probably a lot of kids) glued to the 'captain's choice' style selection of the four teams, and then watching on TV.

As somebody who works in another professional code, which is suffering enormously and losing popularity and commerciality due to appalling governance and a lack of fresh ideas, I envy the AFL's inventiveness here. I hope 4 top MFC players are chosen, play, and play well (and obviously come through unscathed).

I completely disagree. Last year's crowds were pathetic and was only getting attention due to the AFLs destruction of the pre season comp and genuine craving for actual footy.

A dehydrated man might drink piss after long enough.

Saturating the market with AFL "lite" type products isn't what makes AFL the leading code in the country. It's a national game where players don't have the opportunity to go overseas and play in better paying / quality competitions, and it's not cricket.

Jesus. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous. Why exactly is it a thing again?

AFL X is a joke with the new format

Clubs would be silly to let Star players play in this

It will turn into what the NRL
All Stars v Indigenous All Stars game has become with Clubs making players pull out of the game

AFL X is a joke with the new format

Clubs would be silly to let Star players play in this

It will turn into what the NRL
All Stars v Indigenous All Stars game has become with Clubs making players pull out of the game

You didn't need to elaborate.

Sorry to bring up old wounds etc but thought you might like to know. I was speaking to a member of Eagles coaching staff and I asked about this game. He told me that at quarter time players told the coaches that "these boys are absolutely cooked". The players really noticed just how physically exhausted the Demons team was. They pretty much knew at QTR time it was game over just because of this fact.

Probably just shows to you it wasnt a mental issue but more a physical one on the day

Sorry to bring up old wounds etc but thought you might like to know. I was speaking to a member of Eagles coaching staff and I asked about this game. He told me that at quarter time players told the coaches that "these boys are absolutely cooked". The players really noticed just how physically exhausted the Demons team was. They pretty much knew at QTR time it was game over just because of this fact.

Probably just shows to you it wasnt a mental issue but more a physical one on the day
I don't think the players were physically spent 25 mins into the game.

You guys played at a level that we can't match yet, we are much better than a goalless first half. Probably the weight of expectation of a GF around the corner playing a game against a 60k strong WC crowd.. s**t happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back