General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

Love collecting stuff like this. Only thing is I wont be able attend the family day.

If someone is going and could grab me the first cup I would be grateful! Obviously will compensate for any postage costs etc!

View attachment 630343
I wonder who the second one is?

Hey guys

Love collecting stuff like this. Only thing is I wont be able attend the family day.

If someone is going and could grab me the first cup I would be grateful! Obviously will compensate for any postage costs etc!

View attachment 630343
I’m going to family day. I won’t commit to the other five but if you would like me to go to the Zurich tent and collect the first one for you I can do that.

I’m going to family day. I won’t commit to the other five but if you would like me to go to the Zurich tent and collect the first one for you I can do that.
That would be awesome! Thanks heaps.

I deserved this.

On that note, I'm in NZ this weekend and I feel that PG is likely to only be able to procure a limited number of cups. Would anyone else who attends be able to fetch me one also? Will buy you a watered down Great Northern or Iron Jack or whatever rubbish it is they sell these days if I can grab it off ya at the 'G.

I deserved this.

On that note, I'm in NZ this weekend and I feel that PG is likely to only be able to procure a limited number of cups. Would anyone else who attends be able to fetch me one also? Will buy you a watered down Great Northern or Iron Jack or whatever rubbish it is they sell these days if I can grab it off ya at the 'G.
I can get two no problem. I’ll task my partner with independently claiming one also, since he is also a member and we both have rights to this quality giveaway.

Neither of us have a collecting gene so that would be fine. Also it’s good to have a focussed project to centre a family day excursion.

I can get two no problem. I’ll task my partner with independently claiming one also, since he is also a member and we both have rights to this quality giveaway.

Neither of us have a collecting gene so that would be fine. Also it’s good to have a focussed project to centre a family day excursion.
I now have an image of Ancient Demon barrelling some poor five year old out of the way to get the last Viney cup that he doesn't even want.

I now have an image of Ancient Demon barrelling some poor five year old out of the way to get the last Viney cup that he doesn't even want.
I had exactly the same image. Have made a mental note to arrive early.

My hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some may choose to brush the last two pre-season games off as irrelevant to the season ahead, but I have to say I see quite a few red flags that I think would be keeping Goody awake at night too. Maybe the players see the JLT series as irrelevant too after tasting bigger things last year, but what I saw over the last two weeks was a bunch of disinterested, tired individuals running around without any semblance of system or willingness to run into space for their teammates. Stood out like dogs balls after how switched on we were this time last year. I'm concerned about our lack of depth through the middle with Viney's durability a serious concern, now Harmes in doubt for rd 1 and no Tyson, Kent or Bugg to step in and play a fill in role. McDonald looks like he's carrying something or unfit and the whole forward setup seems completely disconnected. So many players coming off post season surgeries and the longer season itself have contributed to what I see as almost a "blanket of lethargy" that has affected the majority of the group.
Write this off as pre-season paranoia if you like but I hope goody delivers a cattle prod to each and every player before round 1 to fire them up cause no one can be happy with how we have attacked the pre-season this year.

Some may choose to brush the last two pre-season games off as irrelevant to the season ahead, but I have to say I see quite a few red flags that I think would be keeping Goody awake at night too. Maybe the players see the JLT series as irrelevant too after tasting bigger things last year, but what I saw over the last two weeks was a bunch of disinterested, tired individuals running around without any semblance of system or willingness to run into space for their teammates. Stood out like dogs balls after how switched on we were this time last year. I'm concerned about our lack of depth through the middle with Viney's durability a serious concern, now Harmes in doubt for rd 1 and no Tyson, Kent or Bugg to step in and play a fill in role. McDonald looks like he's carrying something or unfit and the whole forward setup seems completely disconnected. So many players coming off post season surgeries and the longer season itself have contributed to what I see as almost a "blanket of lethargy" that has affected the majority of the group.
Write this off as pre-season paranoia if you like but I hope goody delivers a cattle prod to each and every player before round 1 to fire them up cause no one can be happy with how we have attacked the pre-season this year.
You played your C grade side in the first game and then had fewer players than us in the second. Hard to make any assessments from that.

I just realised that we've still got a spot on our list that we can fill by Friday. A few teams have/are looking to pick up an extra player in the next few days, tho at this point, it seems like we may be holding onto it for the mid season draft.

I just realised that we've still got a spot on our list that we can fill by Friday. A few teams have/are looking to pick up an extra player in the next few days, tho at this point, it seems like we may be holding onto it for the mid season draft.

I think we'll hold on to it for the mid season draft and the club would use it to fill a short-term need (ie Gawn and Preuss get injured, etc). Your Carltons and Gold Coasts will look to top up but I think others will play it a bit closer to the chest and/or pick a VFL/WAFL/SANFL bolter.

I think we'll hold on to it for the mid season draft and the club would use it to fill a short-term need (ie Gawn and Preuss get injured, etc). Your Carltons and Gold Coasts will look to top up but I think others will play it a bit closer to the chest and/or pick a VFL/WAFL/SANFL bolter.
I'm actually surprised there isn't a list clubs who've got the spot available, as I'm pretty sure not everyone does. But yeah, we've no major holes needing to be filled, no point doing it now. Unless we felt like plucking a midrange plodder from a State League to replace JKH

I'm actually surprised there isn't a list clubs who've got the spot available, as I'm pretty sure not everyone does. But yeah, we've no major holes needing to be filled, no point doing it now. Unless we felt like plucking a midrange plodder from a State League to replace JKH

Probably just get in the ear of 4 small forwards around the country an tell em the most impressive gets drafted half way in

I feel exactly the same way. Even though I’ve watched none of the games

Clubs have been “asked” to embrace the mid year draft where possible. Similar to trading draft picks at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back