General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not wrong though. Umpires weren’t taking our set shots for us on Friday night, only ourselves to blame.

Nothing wrong with blaming the umpires. That's their lot in life. Miserable subhumans.

If you'd tried a little harder at school, you might have realised a simple Google search would show that Oscar is contracted til 2020.

Don't care if you like the bloke or not, but the way some of our supporters jump on the hate train with Oscar is a ******* disgrace. He's a Dees player and hasn't disgraced himself. Don't be a dickhead.

Ok he can play 2020 out in the VFL then, I'm sorry but I am sick of seeing him get bags of goals kicked on him most weeks.

Lumumba was a Dees player, does that mean i have to like him?

Last edited:
Ok he can play 2020 out on the VFL then, I'm sorry but I am sick of seeing him get bags of goals kicked on him most weeks.

Lumumba was a Dees player, does that mean i have to like him?

He gets praise for just spoiling the ball when that's what the opposition coach wants. Hore has played 5 games and he's shown more at AFL level

Blah blah blah
name a game you think we won because of the umpires?

Answer- None
People only sook one way

Smith wouldn't have been slung if he didn't pay his own free kick rather than kick the goal
And JFK wouldn't have been shot if he hadn't been president of the US.

Am I the only one who thinks the Jetta suspension is ridicolous? He didn't slam him, he tackled him
Way the AFL is going these days, And Trenners really set the precedent years ago against Danger before sling tackling was even a rule.

If you have there arms pinned, you have to be careful not to drive the head down.

Not saying i agree with it, learning the game the most effective way to tackle is to pin the arms to stop them disposing of it legally. I suppose you just need to be a little more careful when you bring them down.

No free kick was payed on the day, but in my final opinion, It's harsh but Jetta had him wrapped up, probably didn't need to bring him to ground. The umpire maybe could have been quicker to pay a ball up when it was apparent it wasn't coming out and then Jetta doesn't attempt to spill the ball out by bringing him down.

Again i say i don't entirely agree with it, but i i can also see how the AFL can regard it as a little reckless

Way the AFL is going these days, And Trenners really set the precedent years ago against Danger before sling tackling was even a rule.

If you have there arms pinned, you have to be careful not to drive the head down.

Not saying i agree with it, learning the game the most effective way to tackle is to pin the arms to stop them disposing of it legally. I suppose you just need to be a little more careful when you bring them down.

No free kick was payed on the day, but in my final opinion, It's harsh but Jetta had him wrapped up, probably didn't need to bring him to ground. The umpire maybe could have been quicker to pay a ball up when it was apparent it wasn't coming out and then Jetta doesn't attempt to spill the ball out by bringing him down.

Again i say i don't entirely agree with it, but i i can also see how the AFL can regard it as a little reckless
The issue is that same tackle was laid 100x over the weekend and not suspended. It was only a suspension because of Smith being concussed.

The issue is that same tackle was laid 100x over the weekend and not suspended. It was only a suspension because of Smith being concussed.
Yes well consistency would be good in the AFL. I didn't think Smith was concussed because he came back out onto the ground, otherwise we would have been fined, the AFL would have been playing close attention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta didn't need to slam him into the ground.

Smith had stopped thinking there was a free kick being paid that was obvious, Jetta just needed to wrap the arms around him. Instead he decided to show his strength wrap him up and slam a defenseless player into the ground.

Like it or not, there is no way he couldn't get suspended

When there is two actions to a tackle that’s when you get in trouble.

Jetta deserved a week. Smith wouldn’t of been concussed If Jetta didn’t take the second action of driving his head to the ground

Steven Danks also visiting Mark Thompson
Bizarrely Thompson is around the place all the time the past year. Actually maybe it’s not bizarre given his bail conditions probably prevent him going far. But because I’m always on foot what with not being able to drive, and because his place is a halfway point in the two minute walk between me and Bay Street, I see him lots. We’re on quasi “hello again” nodding terms now. He sometimes mumbles gday - I mime a hello so he doesn’t think I’m a fanboy/girl/person. He probably thinks I’m a fanboy/girl/person who is also a mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back