General MFC Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, it's pretty pricey but I'm still getting one.

$50 for the Tango & Splash slab is a good price and it's a damn awesome beer so got that also. Plus it's for a good cause :beermug:
Yeah gonna save 1 for collection then the other for when we make GF gonna taste pretty ******* good when that happens. Plus all money goes to this poxy campaigner of a club i follow and 15bucks from Tango goes to MND

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah gonna save 1 for collection then the other for when we make GF gonna taste pretty ******* good when that happens. Plus all money goes to this poxy campaigner of a club i follow and 15bucks from Tango goes to MND

Should have gone with a nice red then. That beer won't taste too good in 20 years.

Think I'll get into mine as soon as we have our next win. I'm incapable of leaving beer sit untouched for long.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Should have gone with a nice red then. That beer won't taste too good in 20 years.

Think I'll get into mine as soon as we have our next win. I'm incapable of leaving beer sit untouched for long.
Bahaha wont be til next year anyway cause isnt the beer coming october? We get in a GF you could bottle actual cat piss and itd taste ******* lovely. Yeah my col cupboard is always ******* dry cant help myself polish everything in it everytime i try re stock it but being in perth cant find booze anywhere after midnight for take away

Bahaha wont be til next year anyway cause isnt the beer coming october? We get in a GF you could bottle actual cat piss and itd taste ******* lovely. Yeah my col cupboard is always ******* dry cant help myself polish everything in it everytime i try re stock it but being in perth cant find booze anywhere after midnight for take away
Have you ever considered water?

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
How to farm likes from topkent, blitznu and schmuttt

This isn't a we were right you were wrong post.....some people did question the Hogan trade after out disastrous start.

I was pretty neutral on the Hogan trade, he was always going to go home and we saw an opportunity to bring in May who was a real need for us. If May wasn't available i was more than happy to keep hogan.

I do hope he can turn his form around, he has tremendous ability but i don't he loves footy and the desire to be a genuine elite player.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
This isn't a we were right you were wrong post.....some people did question the Hogan trade after out disastrous start.

I was pretty neutral on the Hogan trade, he was always going to go home and we saw an opportunity to bring in May who was a real need for us. If May wasn't available i was more than happy to keep hogan.

I do hope he can turn his form around, he has tremendous ability but i don't he loves footy and the desire to be a genuine elite player.

Tongue in cheek mate, I didn’t expect Hogan to drop off so much this year. Agree with you I think he is just a paycheque player, doesn’t have the drive to be elite.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Doublespeak? Pretty straightforward statement. I wasn't impressed with the "I don't like what this guy is saying so I'm okay with them being treated unfairly" point, so I responded to that. Didn't delve into the name-calling.
Who has been treated unfairly? As you said before- people can say what they want, just don't expect other people to like it. You can't blame the left when shock jocks get their talks cancelled and their twitter accounts closed for being antagonistic jerks.

There are very clearly double standards in place when it comes to tolerance for and of certain positions. Look at how Louis CK's career took a hit for asking to jerk off in front of women whereas Amy Schumer admits to raping a guy and no one cares.
No one cares about Schumer being invited over to some dude's house and banging him when he was drunk because that's literally all it was.

Interesting that you exaggerate what Schumer did, but understate what Louis was accused with- four out of the five women in the NY Times article that broke the story said they did not say yes when Louis posed his not-creepy-at-all question... but he went ahead and did it anyway. That's pretty messed up.

Has anyone lost their job for sharing their mad leftist views?
Probably. Clementine Ford was suspended by Fairfax for calling Morrison a "******* disgrace" and left soon afterwards.

What / whom are people allowed to publicly criticize in society nowadays?
Criticise whatever you want. Just don't be a dick about it. I don't think Damore should have been fired for his memo, but it's a bit rich to call it "carefully considered". No surprises he was diagnosed with autism... don't need a medical degree to see that one.

You want to point at the opposing side of the debate and claim both sides are doing this and that, but from where I'm standing, the dangerous people are only on one side.
Dangerous like that Christchurch shooter, or dangerous like those Antifa bums who might get your coffee order wrong?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who has been treated unfairly? As you said before- people can say what they want, just don't expect other people to like it. You can't blame the left when shock jocks get their talks cancelled and their twitter accounts closed for being antagonistic jerks.

No one cares about Schumer being invited over to some dude's house and banging him when he was drunk because that's literally all it was.

Interesting that you exaggerate what Schumer did, but understate what Louis was accused with- four out of the five women in the NY Times article that broke the story said they did not say yes when Louis posed his not-creepy-at-all question... but he went ahead and did it anyway. That's pretty messed up.

Probably. Clementine Ford was suspended by Fairfax for calling Morrison a "******* disgrace" and left soon afterwards.

Criticise whatever you want. Just don't be a dick about it. I don't think Damore should have been fired for his memo, but it's a bit rich to call it "carefully considered". No surprises he was diagnosed with autism... don't need a medical degree to see that one.

Dangerous like that Christchurch shooter, or dangerous like those Antifa bums who might get your coffee order wrong?

You want to start this up again? I'll have a think over whether I can be arsed and will create a separate thread somewhere if I can.

The TL;DR will be that you're wrong, however, as I imagine you can guess.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You wanna hear about different treatment? Woman who filmed Dane Swan naked and posted the video was found not guilty after the female judge laughed it off despite it being illegal in the state of Victoria.

You wanna hear about different treatment? Woman who filmed Dane Swan naked and posted the video was found not guilty after the female judge laughed it off despite it being illegal in the state of Victoria.
It's a slippery slope too. Who knows who they'll come for next.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wonder when Caucasian males are gonna get their equality parades and rubbish like that.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Saying she was found "not guilty" implies she faced charges. In actual fact the charges were withdrawn and saying the judge "laughed it off" is (needless) hyperbole.

Swannie decided he didn't want to proceed and that's exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back