General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't predict when you are going to play along with a joke and when you are going to be all earnest... You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma.
s**t gets horribly real when you picture OMac lining up for goal

Maybe we can bring Tommy Bugg back just to get inside JJ's head again pregame

I heard some interesting mail on T Bugg, apparently his "social media opportunities" was actually him "acquiring" Carltons mailing list which he then proceeded to use to expand his social media opportunities......and was promptly given his marching orders.

We won't win another game if Weed and Preuss are the tall targets. Weideman is but not a focal point yet, perhaps never will be. And Preuss is good at what he does but is hardly the second coming of Plugger.

One from left field - May to full forward this week? Or would that defeat the purpose of actually getting him. Good 1-on-1 and a beautiful kick. Probably best for him to gel back there with old mate Frosty and Lever though.

We won't win another game if Weed and Preuss are the tall targets. Weideman is but not a focal point yet, perhaps never will be. And Preuss is good at what he does but is hardly the second coming of Plugger.

One from left field - May to full forward this week? Or would that defeat the purpose of actually getting him. Good 1-on-1 and a beautiful kick. Probably best for him to gel back there with old mate Frosty and Lever though.
I'd really like May/Frost/Lever to spend more than 10 minutes on the same field, and preferably at the same end of the field. Even better if we can add in Jetta at some stage. So no May in the forward line for me.

I'd really like May/Frost/Lever to spend more than 10 minutes on the same field, and preferably at the same end of the field. Even better if we can add in Jetta at some stage. So no May in the forward line for me.
Yeah, I'd probably prefer our best backline to get as much game time together, and build some chemistry than I would win any more games this year to be honest ...

That should be playing behind Goodwin for his little pep talks .
I agree, it's the perfect MFC gif ... amazingly, I picked it from the Giphy tab straight from BF, which seemingly only shows about a second of the gif you're selecting, so I didn't actually know thats what would happen when I posted it.

How's Caro falling off her broomstick over "Melbourne players celebrating too hard". https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/9c368ee241899fe113d4a70cc8a47e6b

I'm definitely no fan of journalists at the best of times, but the fact we get the woeful opinions of Wilson, Barrett, Morris etc never played the game at the highest level is disturbing. To have turned this formerly great game into a commentary of soap opera topics is a slap in the face to those great journalists of yesteryear who commentate the game. It goes hand in hand with the afl agenda of turning the game from a sport to an entertainment business.

Back to Carowhine, claiming the players celebrated too hard after thst result shows the difference between former players and those who haven't played. Those that haven't played would view the game based on stats, the scoreboard and the ladder position. Those that have played would still judge on those aspects, but would also account for experience if they were in the same position during their career, and that includes the passion aspect. The fact Judd, who has previously accused the players of similar, sided with Melbourne on the topic shows more proof of how journalists without playing experience are far less in tune.

The fact a team who has grossly underachieved this year held on to win, 1 down most of the match and a further 2 down for the last third, with an incredibly boisterous "away" crowd supporting a team who had themselves came back from 30+ margins their previous 3 games (beating teams in the top 8 twice and just losing to a team just out) was incredibly gutsy. In fact, the players celebrating shows the level of care they still have, considering the shitshow of 2019 this far. I'd be more disappointed if they didn't celebrate. Doesn't mean any one of those players would be happy to be 5-10, but surely they are allowed a celebration to enjoy a hard fought win, especially with so few over the season.

How's Caro falling off her broomstick over "Melbourne players celebrating too hard". https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/9c368ee241899fe113d4a70cc8a47e6b

I'm definitely no fan of journalists at the best of times, but the fact we get the woeful opinions of Wilson, Barrett, Morris etc never played the game at the highest level is disturbing. To have turned this formerly great game into a commentary of soap opera topics is a slap in the face to those great journalists of yesteryear who commentate the game. It goes hand in hand with the afl agenda of turning the game from a sport to an entertainment business.

Back to Carowhine, claiming the players celebrated too hard after thst result shows the difference between former players and those who haven't played. Those that haven't played would view the game based on stats, the scoreboard and the ladder position. Those that have played would still judge on those aspects, but would also account for experience if they were in the same position during their career, and that includes the passion aspect. The fact Judd, who has previously accused the players of similar, sided with Melbourne on the topic shows more proof of how journalists without playing experience are far less in tune.

The fact a team who has grossly underachieved this year held on to win, 1 down most of the match and a further 2 down for the last third, with an incredibly boisterous "away" crowd supporting a team who had themselves came back from 30+ margins their previous 3 games (beating teams in the top 8 twice and just losing to a team just out) was incredibly gutsy. In fact, the players celebrating shows the level of care they still have, considering the s**tshow of 2019 this far. I'd be more disappointed if they didn't celebrate. Doesn't mean any one of those players would be happy to be 5-10, but surely they are allowed a celebration to enjoy a hard fought win, especially with so few over the season.
She’s a dickhead. Ignore it.

Better yet, Spargo riding on Preuss's shoulders.

He could even throw Spargo at the ball mid-flight.

I'm kind of surprised that sort of thing doesn't happen, actually. Like why don't defenders take a knee on the goal line and give a sprightly young leaper a bit of a ramp to get up higher. Yes, it's dangerous, reckless and potentially career-ending, but what if he gets a hand to one sailing through 3 metres over the goal line? Marvelous.

I'm kind of surprised that sort of thing doesn't happen, actually. Like why don't defenders take a knee on the goal line and give a sprightly young leaper a bit of a ramp to get up higher. Yes, it's dangerous, reckless and potentially career-ending, but what if he gets a hand to one sailing through 3 metres over the goal line? Marvelous.
Could work. I’ve wondered the same. I think the rules limit the climbing thing to “in the marking contest” only, so you would have to effect the spoil in a manner that looks like a realistic attempt to mark.

It’s a shame about rules. I for one would like to see a scenario where a team (in my head it’s the Hawks) need a goal after the siren to win, and the opposition (Melbourne) form a massive 18 man human pyramid in the goal square.

Could work. I’ve wondered the same. I think the rules limit the climbing thing to “in the marking contest” only, so you would have to effect the spoil in a manner that looks like a realistic attempt to mark.

It’s a shame about rules. I for one would like to see a scenario where a team (in my head it’s the Hawks) need a goal after the siren to win, and the opposition (Melbourne) form a massive 18 man human pyramid in the goal square.

Doesn't that only apply to jumping on an opposition player? If you're jumping on a teammate, it'd be fair play for a round or two until Gil and co. put a stop to it with another rule change out of his pocket book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't that only apply to jumping on an opposition player? If you're jumping on a teammate, it'd be fair play for a round or two until Gil and co. put a stop to it with another rule change out of his pocket book.
I haven’t looked up the rules and am only going off Bigfooty campaigners probably making stuff up, but after the big deal over that mental Sydney guy climbing up the post, a few people cited rules that you can’t climb on another player (own team or otherwise).

Not sure if that’s the case though. There can only be one man on the mark, but 50 metres away? Who knows. I’ll check with Ancient Demon. If it is allowed than I hope we go into the next match against the dogs with Spargo balancing on Preuss’ shoulders. For four quarters.

I haven’t looked up the rules and am only going off Bigfooty campaigners probably making stuff up, but after the big deal over that mental Sydney guy climbing up the post, a few people cited rules that you can’t climb on another player (own team or otherwise).

Not sure if that’s the case though. There can only be one man on the mark, but 50 metres away? Who knows. I’ll check with Ancient Demon. If it is allowed than I hope we go into the next match against the dogs with Spargo balancing on Preuss’ shoulders. For four quarters.

Hmmm, thought that was only for climbing up / shaking the post. Anywhoo.

Absolutely, but the more we hear from trash journalists like her, Barrett and Morris etc, the more the commentary turns into what happens after the siren. It's sick.

That ship sailed, sank and the survivors washed ashore and founded an ancient civilization.

Absolutely, but the more we hear from trash journalists like her, Barrett and Morris etc, the more the commentary turns into what happens after the siren. It's sick.
It’s daft. And she’s only rehashing tired s**t that was said last year after the win against the Eagles.

Personally, since they publicise the post match team song, and since I fork out for a membership and drag my disillusioned arse to so many disappointing games, I’m happy to see the players act pleased and maybe a bit galvanised about the win rather than phoning it in and mumbling the song looking awkward. Some teams belt out the song, some don’t. The ones that don’t aren’t being “professional” - they’re more likely embarrassed by their shitty song.

And who cares what the commentary turn on after we win a match? We so rarely win one that I couldn’t give a crap what they say

Keilty or tSmith.

ff/ Hunt, Weide, Preuss
hf/ Hannan, tSmith/Keilty, Tracca/Dunkley

Last edited:
Hmmm, thought that was only for climbing up / shaking the post. Anywhoo.
Scanned the rules extremely briefly just now. From a glance it appears within the rules (or not without them ... yet).

Excellent. I could really enjoy this. I fully hope we go in against the dogs with nine two-man towers on the field. So long as none of the towers attempt to man the mark then we’re good to go.

Instead of letting that lil dwarf back in and riding on Pruess' shoulders we could just pick up Tacko Fall as a cat B rookie cause that tall ass mther *er didnt even get drafted and play 21 and still be better off. How good is it that the NBL is picking up future NBA players more often. Nothing to do with footy but mehh

Instead of letting that lil dwarf back in and riding on Pruess' shoulders we could just pick up Tacko Fall as a cat B rookie cause that tall ass mther f***er didnt even get drafted and play 21 and still be better off. How good is it that the NBL is picking up future NBA players more often. Nothing to do with footy but mehh
What are you trying to say mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back