General MFC Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we've got a talented core group but if its to win a flag there still needs to be a lot of changes. We need a complete forwardline revamp and they need to sort out WTF they are doing with the midfield and wing positions. Clubs have completely figured us out this year, our contested ball obsession has killed us. Every coach in the comp would know you're fine to concede the ball to Melbourne because you're very likely to get it back, and they don't defend well as a team.
Agree 100%

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
You lot got a taste of sort of success last year . Yeah we got mugged at WC in the pre lim , not sure too many team would have beaten them anyway , but i am stunned that we didn't review the pre-lim and figured out that most teams had worked us out. It is pretty obvious what our issues are , i read it on these posts most of this seasons. If we can see it , why can't the coaches?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
You lot got a taste of sort of success last year . Yeah we got mugged at WC in the pre lim , not sure too many team would have beaten them anyway , but i am stunned that we didn't review the pre-lim and figured out that most teams had worked us out. It is pretty obvious what our issues are , i read it on these posts most of this seasons. If we can see it , why can't the coaches?
That's my biggest concern, it's just so obvious what the issues are, yet there is seemingly some sort of stubborn determination that this game style is absolutely the right one, and things will magically improve without fixing any of the glaring deficiencies that are driving everyone insane.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Champion data can suck but stuff like that is a great insight. It shows how far our obsession with pure contested ball numbers has made us fall
I love how contested ball is be all end all for us. Said it once before but if we win 1 contested ball but a rubbish handpass misses and our players then need to go in and win it again to do the same again then a s**t kick and then win another contested ball. We've had 3 or 4 contested ball stats for rubbish disposal in 1 chain of possession. Where as another team will be losing contested ball because they move the ******* ball better. Contested ball stats only ******* matter if you can use the ball dont give a * if we win it cause of our own s**t disposal. Goodwin 'oh there was alot to like we won contested ball which we pride ourselves on' yeah cause we created 100 more contested ******* ball stats out of rubbish

Except you can't..
Only top 8 side Collingwood beat last year was us, and only top 8 sides they've beaten this year are Brisbane, Richmond and West Coast last week (if you use the same parameters as the post I quoted which excluded finals).

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Only top 8 side Collingwood beat last year was us, and only top 8 sides they've beaten this year are Brisbane, Richmond and West Coast last week (if you use the same parameters as the post I quoted which excluded finals).
So theyve beaten the 3 teams battling them for a spot in the top 4?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Last year I agree with but 3 wins against the top 8 is pretty decent this year.

Crazy they were almost premiers last year with that record

Last year I agree with but 3 wins against the top 8 is pretty decent this year.

Crazy they were almost premiers last year with that record
If only this thread had happened a week ago and it would have been 2 wins against top 8 ):

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wheres old mate sugarhealey gone? Get banned when everyone realized who he was?
That campaigner did my head in. Im sorry if i do any of your heads in haha. Who was he? I wasnt on here much when Dr dickhead was but is that who ya reckon?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
That campaigner did my head in. Im sorry if i do any of your heads in haha. Who was he? I wasnt on here much when Dr dickhead was but is that who ya reckon?
Very similar characteristics, especially the constant qouting of words from the club like they were gospel

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Very similar characteristics, especially the constant qouting of words from the club like they were gospel

I don’t reckon it was the Dr. similar characteristics but a higher rate of things that made some sense (still low at 25%)

The real question is who is Dr. Truth

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Knew it was him after he talked about 'working at club level'. The dickhead volunteered to help with some pleb jobs and thinks he is top s**t because of it.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
And the weird commas, between, random words, in the same, sentence

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dr Whooo made some reasonable posts on here to start as well then slowly descended into madness.

I don't remember the reasonable posts and there was nothing slow about that spiral towards insanity. I'm sure if you go back and read some of the threads you can watch the signs develop post by post.

Wheres old mate sugarhealey gone? Get banned when everyone realized who he was?
who is he?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I swear this is the last year im giving these campaigners $500 for a raffle. Atleast im getting a signed Anzac guernsey. So over giving these campaigners my money if i wanted to pay to be f’ed id go to the ******* brothel

Geez you’re generous, I actually didn’t get a membership this year (Second time since 2000 I haven’t signed up). Our membership numbers will drop 10k next year imo

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Geez you’re generous, I actually didn’t get a membership this year (Second time since 2000 I haven’t signed up). Our membership numbers will drop 10k next year imo
Money to burn but this the last year i do it if its the same next year. I always buy s**t from every auction they do or whatever. But * em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back