Not open for further replies.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dear Caro ,
Maybe apart from our team sucking this season there is actually nothing else to talk about. Would you prefer we had players caught doing drugs, gambling illegally on football matches , associating with criminals or maybe a board upheaval just so you have something to have a go at us for.
Anyway keep trying dear , it's all just noise to me .
A Melbourne supporter . 🖕
I would actually choose "all of the above" as long as they are winning and playing finals.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else think we should give JKH another year. He's actually playing pretty well, just a shame we're stacked with inside mids.
He was OK yesterday. Held his width, made an option for the outlet from D50. Retained possession of the footy when he had even if he did so conservatively.

But still no. The only position we will ever have a spot for him is on the wing and he will never be better than a below average winger. I'd rather take the gamble on a kid -- probably won't work out but we have very little to lose, below average outside mids are dime a dozen.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Midway through the last quarter;

Scores from turnovers

Collingwood 6.7
Melbourne 1.3

The 6.7 is bad, but 1.3 the other way is horrendous. We really need to work not only defending turnovers better but also hurting the opposition the other way
I wonder how many scores from turnovers collingwood got from us turning it over after getting it back from their turnover whilst we were going forward? 🤔

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else think we should give JKH another year. He's actually playing pretty well, just a shame we're stacked with inside mids.
Respectfully, no. Nothing personal against him but he’s had enough chances. It’s kind of like early/pre Roos days where it’s the arse end of the season and the established talent is either injured or limping to the line and all of sudden Sam Blease, Mitch Clisby and Mitchell White look like they deserve another year.

When delisting any player you have to consider is this guy better than pick 109 in the draft? But there also comes a time when the mystery box that is pick 109 is the correct choice.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 724467

Its just ******* laughable, so from the time i was 15 til I was 24 I saw us win 45 games of football...in nearly a decade. fu** me dead...and look where we are back to 4 years later. You'd have to be a ******* moron to choose to support the MFC.
*46 wins
Don’t disagree with the rant but ‘Betjam AFL Bets’ can suck a fat one. “Oooh look how edgy we are, using selective (incorrect) statistics, don’t forget to tag your Melbourne mates proud, passionate and paid up Hawks members 2016 inclusive. They might not have realised they were ******* s**t. Don’t forget to gamble responsibility on your Shanghai Masters, NBA Summer League, Darwin Cup, EFL multibet.”

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
*46 wins
Don’t disagree with the rant but ‘Betjam AFL Bets’ can suck a fat one. “Oooh look how edgy we are, using selective (incorrect) statistics, don’t forget to tag your Melbourne mates proud, passionate and paid up Hawks members 2016 inclusive. They might not have realised they were ******* s**t. Don’t forget to gamble responsibility on your Shanghai Masters, NBA Summer League, Darwin Cup, EFL multibet.”
Karate goes CHOP on betjam afl bets

Respectfully, no. Nothing personal against him but he’s had enough chances. It’s kind of like early/pre Roos days where it’s the arse end of the season and the established talent is either injured or limping to the line and all of sudden Sam Blease, Mitch Clisby and Mitchell White look like they deserve another year.

When delisting any player you have to consider is this guy better than pick 109 in the draft? But there also comes a time when the mystery box that is pick 109 is the correct choice.
I have to say that I never used to like him all that much. I was all for delisting him last year, and 17, 16, 15 etc. I just noticed yesterday that he spreads better than any other mid we have and runs harder too. He could play 150 games if he could get to a club with a less established inside brigade. Maybe Gold Coast or Sydney would be interested.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I have to say that I never used to like him all that much. I was all for delisting him last year, and 17, 16, 15 etc. I just noticed yesterday that he spreads better than any other mid we have and runs harder too. He could play 150 games if he could get to a club with a less established inside brigade. Maybe Gold Coast or Sydney would be interested.
JKH, 150 games, * me how many pills did you neck on the weekend? He's 24 years old has averaged six games a season since he was drafted.

And that's in one of the shittest sides in the history of AFL football.

He's trash.

borderline imo

A few others go before him that os for sure

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably but will never happen due to TV rights.
Season would be much more entertaining if 9-10 wins was the mark. Less dead rubbers, less blowouts at end of season with teams hurt by injured players. More teams mathematical chance of making finals for longer, keeping supporter base interested longer. Better for the investors anyway.

I think thats what they want, 20 teams would be a fiesta though.
Hopefully there's some better talent coming out of NSW to justify the GWS expansion. A side in Tasmania is a must, and Perth can definitely support a third side provided it's set up correctly.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I'd be getting rid of T.Smith
Keilty
Maynard
Lewis
J.Wag

Which is 5 picks at the draft

Depending on what we wanna do with rookies I think JKH and Stretch should be delisted an then taken as rookies if they are still around

Keilty
Maynard
Lewis
J.Wag

Depending on what we wanna do with rookies I think JKH and Stretch should be delisted an then taken as rookies if they are still around
The first three you have suggested are rookies unfortunately. I suspect Garlett is out the door too, which will give is three spots. On that basis, JKH probably goes - I hadn't realised how stacked our rookie list was. Stretch is contracted until 2020, but a re-rookie may be for the best.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Maynard is senior listed.

Is Lewis even going to retire? You'd think if he were, there'd be an announcement this week so all his old cronies at Hawthorn can get down to the G one last time.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The first three you have suggested are rookies unfortunately. I suspect Garlett is out the door too, which will give is three spots. On that basis, JKH probably goes - I hadn't realised how stacked our rookie list was. Stretch is contracted until 2020, but a re-rookie may be for the best.
Did stretch sign a one year extension? The contracts page has him OOC this year.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maynard is senior listed.

Is Lewis even going to retire? You'd think if he were, there'd be an announcement this week so all his old cronies at Hawthorn can get down to the G one last time.

05013FFB-9718-49EE-8885-98D6779EC79B.jpeg

Computer search says no he isn’t. Maynard has announced his retirement anyway.

Regardless of what he wants to do, it would be reprehensible of the club to offer Lewis another contract so retire/delist is kind of moot.

So from the senior list: Garlett, Kennedy-Harris, Lewis, Stretch, J Wagner should be gone. I suppose one of JKH, Stretch and J Wagner could get lucky if Kolodjashnij retires or player x requests a trade. But if that comes to pass I’d rather us promote a rookie to the senior list.

As for the rookies: Maynard is already gone, Keilty should go, my preference would be to cut both T Smith and C Wagner but I suspect one or both could survive. Walker and Bradtke are contracted for 2020 and I don’t see Dunkley or Lockhart being punted. Chandler could go but AFAIK he’s been alright at Casey.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Keilty
Maynard
Lewis
J.Wag

We need some immediate hits with 2 20 and 38. These our best picks at the draft in 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back